Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Club shop coming back in house

1235»

Comments

• clive said:
    Anyone on here on the working group? I accept you won't want to admit it given the possible deluge of requests, but if anyone is I'd love to see the 2003/04 shirt, given that season was out highest ever Premiership finish, make a comeback along with the 1997/98 shirt from the Play-off Final. My first season was the 1980/81 season. That Addidas shirt was the mutts and I think would still go down well today! 
    Anything produced from the 80's would get my money.
  • clive said:
    Anyone on here on the working group? I accept you won't want to admit it given the possible deluge of requests, but if anyone is I'd love to see the 2003/04 shirt, given that season was out highest ever Premiership finish, make a comeback along with the 1997/98 shirt from the Play-off Final. My first season was the 1980/81 season. That Addidas shirt was the mutts and I think would still go down well today! 
    Anything produced from the 80's would get my money.
    There's a first ;)

• Won't the club have problems reproducing retro kits , adidas and other manufacturers logos ?
  • Won't the club have problems reproducing retro kits , adidas and other manufacturers logos ?
    just do it without logos
  • cafc999 said:
    Won't the club have problems reproducing retro kits , adidas and other manufacturers logos ?
    just do it without logos
    And make sure the Adidas stuff has the five stripes, not three as when the Fads tops came out.
    It’ll be fine mate. Leaburn on the lookout and Alfie’s quick on the zip of the suitcase.

Cushty.
  • fenaddick said:
    It’s difficult to imagine the retail offer to fans getting worse from Castore, so this is a good thing for fans and generally. However, anyone seeing this as lucrative for the club is likely to be in for a disappointment. Retail wasn’t a big success at Charlton even in the Premier League.
    While I agree it probably won’t be lucrative you can’t compare now to 20 years ago. Football has got much more commercial and people are more likely to buy training gear than they were for example. Still don’t expect it to be a massive earner but the world is a different place to when we were in the prem. 
    That may be true and online has grown considerably whereas location was a problem, but the fact is the market was many times bigger in the  Premier League. The interest in Charlton has shrunk and people just don’t want to be identified with the club to the same extent.

Retail and commercial generally are areas which expose the structural weakness of the business, even in relation to apparently similar clubs, and are hidden behind the attendances / season ticket take-up.
    Club literally can’t win with you, can they? 
    Down with the facts! Respond with personal comments. That’s who you are, isn’t it?
  •  The new club shop will open on Wednesday, July 10th at 10am.
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/charlton-unveil-202425-home-shirt

• Sponsored links:

• edited July 25
    @Clive - do you know whether the club shop intends to do an on-line catalogue?