Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Club shop coming back in house

Comments

• Options
    Good that the shop has come back, honestly don’t think the kits Castore have supplied have been that bad, the club ultimately chooses the designs 
  • Options
    BFG94 said:
    Would like to see the Derek Hales/Che Guevera t-shirts again. Absolute classic. 
    Oh yes 100% and one of Clive
  • Options
    BFG94 said:
    Would like to see the Derek Hales/Che Guevera t-shirts again. Absolute classic. 
    Better still, a t-shirt with @Off_it's avatar on the front: the Maiden "Killers" album cover with Killer replacing Eddie.
  • Options
    edited May 28
    seth plum said:

That is a bit of a weird logo to handle orientation. It's designed so the person next to you can see the logo but not you. I am left handed and always thought a mug design's normal orientation to a handle was done so as to face out to others in the room in order to share the joke, club loyalty or whatever was on the cup. When in fact its so righthanded people can see the printed design.

More fool me. Tough living in a right handed world. Left handers are an ignored minority that cuts across all gender, racial, religious and socio economic divides. Lefties are a minority that unites, but are given no 'rights'!

• Options
    If you play cricket, we all know left handers are the devils spawn 
  • Options
    seth plum said:

That is a bit of a weird logo to handle orientation. It's designed so the person next to you can see the logo but not you. I am left handed and always thought a mug design's normal orientation to a handle was done so as to face out to others in the room in order to share the joke, club loyalty or whatever was on the cup. When in fact its so righthanded people can see the printed design.

More fool me. Tough living in a right handed world. Left handers are an ignored minority that cuts across all gender, racial, religious and socio economic divides. Lefties are a minority that unites, but are given no 'rights'!

But surely if you live on the other side of the world, everything is reversed and upside down anyway?🤪
  • Options
    Only really bought or received ‘stocking filler’ presents from the shop and that was quite a few years ago.
    Off the top of my head I can remember hoodies, polo shirts, the old thick rugby type shirts, tankards, pint glasses, wine glasses and whiskey tumblers, cuff links, ties, tie pin, golf ball/towel/tee sets, golf club head covers, dart flights, playing cards, baby gear, pens/pencils/school sets, mouse mat, towels, hats and scarves, key rings, pennants and car stickers.

Thinking about it, some of the above may not have come from the club shop but it does show people will buy a lot of things if they have the club logo on, especially around Xmas time.
    Whether there’s enough people to make it commercially viable, and if there is that the club get it right is another question.
  • Options
    Need to get darts flights back in, guaranteed sellers never understood why these were stopped even before Castore took over the shop.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Reversible jackets with home and away colours.
  • Options
    I was given a Charlton beer bottle opener fridge magnet many years ago, probably the best bit of Charlton merchandise I've ever had.
  • Options
    Big Homer Simpson’s car vibe here 
  • Options
    100% agree on dart flights! And a nice selection of sovereign rings (for the non-throwing hand obvs) should be next on the list. I'm sure the club shop used to have a jewellery cabinet at one point with sovs, earrings, chains etc? Or did I imagine this?
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:
    100% agree on dart flights! And a nice selection of sovereign rings (for the non-throwing hand obvs) should be next on the list. I'm sure the club shop used to have a jewellery cabinet at one point with sovs, earrings, chains etc? Or did I imagine this?
    as a kid I had the cafc badge ring and earings
  • Options
    edited May 28
    Right, I've finally found the 1996/97 catalogue, here's the pages and all the wonderful merch (jewellery included)...
  • Options
    It’s difficult to imagine the retail offer to fans getting worse from Castore, so this is a good thing for fans and generally. However, anyone seeing this as lucrative for the club is likely to be in for a disappointment. Retail wasn’t a big success at Charlton even in the Premier League.
    You've sometimes got to have loss leaders or break evens to attract other spending elsewhere
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options
    DA9 said:
    It’s difficult to imagine the retail offer to fans getting worse from Castore, so this is a good thing for fans and generally. However, anyone seeing this as lucrative for the club is likely to be in for a disappointment. Retail wasn’t a big success at Charlton even in the Premier League.
    You've sometimes got to have loss leaders or break evens to attract other spending elsewhere
    ....and be slightly savvy (or use basic logic) making sure the start of the season and Xmas you're dripping with stock as that's when people are either buzzing to be back at footy and/or looking for any reason to spend money.
  • Options
    edited May 28
    Loving the socks on the second page, top right.