Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Club shop coming back in house

Comments

• Options
    It is good news. However people shouldn't get carried away with what's likely to be offered. We won't want it loss making and a drain on the club. It was need to be run on commercial retail lines with hopefully a professional retailer in charge. Some retro shirts yes but too many won't make economic sense. A lot of the target audience will be kids and tourists I presume. 
  • Options
    Hooray.
    I haven't bought a new towel in ages. I seem to have been conditioned into thinking that it’s the only place in the world that sells them.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Looking forward to seeing what options we have in store. Assume the horribly unbreathable Castore are done for now?
    No, Castore still supplying the kit
  • Options
    How much longer is left on the Castore kit deal? I can't remember how long it was for. 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    Retro shirts please!
    Exactly the sort of non Castore clothing we should be stocking there. 
    A selection of home and away kits from the 90s would be amazing. Either partner with someone like Score Draw to produce them, or do it in house. 
    The 80's were better, I'd buy loads if they came out.
    Retro shirts of all era's please, just lots of retro shirts. 
    The 74? away top on the tele at Gillingham was a beauty.
  • Options
    redman said:
    It is good news. However people shouldn't get carried away with what's likely to be offered. We won't want it loss making and a drain on the club. It was need to be run on commercial retail lines with hopefully a professional retailer in charge. Some retro shirts yes but too many won't make economic sense. A lot of the target audience will be kids and tourists I presume. 
    Agree with target audience but please do not underestimate the retro demand.
  • Options
    redman said:
    Agree with target audience but please do not underestimate the retro demand.
    Retro generously-sized shirts fit fat blokes better than the modern versions that look like they’ve been shrunk in the wash when worn by anyone with an ounce of fat on them
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    How much longer is left on the Castore kit deal? I can't remember how long it was for. 
    Not sure we know. Originally it was announced as a "multi-year deal" with them running the shop as well. Interesting then that we have the ability to bring the shop back in-house now but are continuing with them as kit supplier.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    It is a five-year deal, so a long way still to go
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Not sure we know. Originally it was announced as a "multi-year deal" with them running the shop as well. Interesting then that we have the ability to bring the shop back in-house now but are continuing with them as kit supplier.

I do wonder if bringing it in house is maybe a sign this might be the last year? Wouldn't be surprised if the new owners looked at alternatives 
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    who knows. Perhaps Castore weren't making any money out of the shop and were more than happy to give up that part of the deal. 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    Retro shirts please!
    A selection of home and away kits from the 90s would be amazing. Either partner with someone like Score Draw to produce them, or do it in house. 
    And not forgetting the Charlton gnomes!
    The are in the end of season sale a few weeks ago
  • Options
    Car Stickers .

• Options
    redman said:
    cafcfan said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    who knows. Perhaps Castore weren't making any money out of the shop and were more than happy to give up that part of the deal. 
    Hard to imagine it makes any money at all. 
  • Options
    Does this mean the Tugboat is also coming back!
  • Options
    Mugs
    Calendars
    Scarfs
    Team pictures
    Baby grows / bibs
    Retro kits
    Latest books (including Valiant 1,000) as well as reprints of seminal titles (Battle for The Valley, The Jimmy Seed Story etc). 
    Car stickers (including a kit on a suction cup that you need to spit on).
    The full back catalogue of Voice of The Valley
    Old Programmes sold by an old bloke in the corner
    Knickers with "I scored with Charlton" on the front.
    Mirrors with "Charlton Athletic Division 1" on that become relevant again when they change the names of the league.

We're stocking miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii kit ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good news. Now let's get a good selection of merch from keyrings to gnomes to shirts and everything in between at prices that don't make your eyes water. 
  • Options
    Don't forget the leather jacket with the badge on the back (yes I did have one )
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    Retro shirts please!
    The 74? away top on the tele at Gillingham was a beauty.
    But which one? The one with red under the arm or the one without ? Think it was Peacock wearing an odd shirt that afternoon.
  • Options
    It’s difficult to imagine the retail offer to fans getting worse from Castore, so this is a good thing for fans and generally. However, anyone seeing this as lucrative for the club is likely to be in for a disappointment. Retail wasn’t a big success at Charlton even in the Premier League.
    While I agree it probably won’t be lucrative you can’t compare now to 20 years ago. Football has got much more commercial and people are more likely to buy training gear than they were for example. Still don’t expect it to be a massive earner but the world is a different place to when we were in the prem. 
  • Options
    edited May 28