Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Club shop coming back in house

Comments

• Options
    shine166 said:

Don't think that silver shirt Salmon is wearing ended up being sold, was the grey one the kid is wearing. 
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    It’s difficult to imagine the retail offer to fans getting worse from Castore, so this is a good thing for fans and generally. However, anyone seeing this as lucrative for the club is likely to be in for a disappointment. Retail wasn’t a big success at Charlton even in the Premier League.
    You've sometimes got to have loss leaders or break evens to attract other spending elsewhere
    Like Scott Fraser you mean ? 😆😆😉
  • Options
    shine166 said:

We still have C 24 and C 26 from when my daughter was born !!!
  • Options
    shine166 said:

I’ll take one C3 shirt
  • Options
    Remember bringing a girl back to my place. That's all. 

Na I remember bringing a girl back and I had those same design bed sheets. Let's just say like a lot of Charlton matches they didn't see much action. 

Reckon it was the matching jiimjams, slippers and toy Floyd and Harvey that put her off mate!

People can be so judgemental...
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Surprised how expensive merchandise cost 28 years ago relative to today.
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    It’s difficult to imagine the retail offer to fans getting worse from Castore, so this is a good thing for fans and generally. However, anyone seeing this as lucrative for the club is likely to be in for a disappointment. Retail wasn’t a big success at Charlton even in the Premier League.
    While I agree it probably won’t be lucrative you can’t compare now to 20 years ago. Football has got much more commercial and people are more likely to buy training gear than they were for example. Still don’t expect it to be a massive earner but the world is a different place to when we were in the prem. 
    That may be true and online has grown considerably whereas location was a problem, but the fact is the market was many times bigger in the  Premier League. The interest in Charlton has shrunk and people just don’t want to be identified with the club to the same extent.

Retail and commercial generally are areas which expose the structural weakness of the business, even in relation to apparently similar clubs, and are hidden behind the attendances / season ticket take-up.
    I'm curious what this means in this context. Is it lack of good souvenirs, is it lack of promoting them, is it the complete outsourcing of the club store leading to reduced profits, something else I'm not thinking of?
  • Options
    shine166 said:

I thought that too, the price deflation in textiles caused by moving production to China hadn't happened yet.

Never mind the shirts, the single duvet cover is £35.99  :o Looking the pathetic club shop website, the original price for a single duvet (now on sale for a £5!) was still only £22.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shine166 said:

Would love a Charlton fork as offered on Page 4 top left. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Ahhhh, that picture of Belinda Charlton in a Charlton dressing gown (just about!) .....
    Believe she died a few years ago. 
    Was always a favourite of mine 
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Had to pay £1 for the catalogue too. I counted at least 20 items that Id owned in there, joys of those days too was that merch wasnt turned over every single season... so the club could sit on stock and you (parents) were not spending £200 just replacing kits every year. 
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    While I agree it probably won’t be lucrative you can’t compare now to 20 years ago. Football has got much more commercial and people are more likely to buy training gear than they were for example. Still don’t expect it to be a massive earner but the world is a different place to when we were in the prem. 
    That may be true and online has grown considerably whereas location was a problem, but the fact is the market was many times bigger in the  Premier League. The interest in Charlton has shrunk and people just don’t want to be identified with the club to the same extent.

Retail and commercial generally are areas which expose the structural weakness of the business, even in relation to apparently similar clubs, and are hidden behind the attendances / season ticket take-up.
    Club literally can’t win with you, can they? 
    Literally?! Oh, shit.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

There’s a left handers’ mug here @KiwiValley
  • Options
    edited May 29
    Could do with some Charlton slipper's / sliders, and a Charlton wall clock.
  • Options
    fenaddick said:

Club literally can’t win with you, can they? 
    Literally?! Oh, shit.
    Yes, literally.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

There’s a left handers’ mug here @KiwiValley
    Fock me that's amazing! Charlton Athletic - the club that cares. No fan will be 'left' behind. 'Right' on, man.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clive said:
    Probably seen the success of Retro Red Robin, and the kits they've been doing. Good idea to try and get people to buy them via the club shop instead.
  • Options
    Hopefully the 80's tops will be brought back for sale.
  • Options
    Stop living in the past 😉
  • Options
    Stop living in the past 😉

Sorry dad :)
  • Options
    Remember bringing a girl back to my place. That's all. 

Na I remember bringing a girl back and I had those same design bed sheets. Let's just say like a lot of Charlton matches they didn't see much action. 

Wouldn’t have kept many clean sheets all that time alone either. 
  • Options
    clive said:
    Anyone on here on the working group? I accept you won't want to admit it given the possible deluge of requests, but if anyone is I'd love to see the 2003/04 shirt, given that season was out highest ever Premiership finish, make a comeback along with the 1997/98 shirt from the Play-off Final. My first season was the 1980/81 season. That Addidas shirt was the mutts and I think would still go down well today! 
  • Options
    I’ve stopped buying club shirts each year, probably because the team has been pretty rubbish.

Much prefer buying retro shirts instead because of better times.
  • Options
    clive said:
    Anyone on here on the working group? I accept you won't want to admit it given the possible deluge of requests, but if anyone is I'd love to see the 2003/04 shirt, given that season was out highest ever Premiership finish, make a comeback along with the 1997/98 shirt from the Play-off Final. My first season was the 1980/81 season. That Addidas shirt was the mutts and I think would still go down well today! 
    Put my name down but not had a reply, albeit I did get a DM on twitter from one of the fan advisors saying that they would be in touch when pressed
  • Options
    I’ve stopped buying club shirts each year, probably because the team has been pretty rubbish.

Much prefer buying retro shirts instead because of better times.
    Decided to do the same with a England shirt this summer, retro prices seem to have dropped again unless you go back the 80's the prices are quite good.