Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Worst Charlton games of all time

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    Reading through this thread I can remember going to the vast majority of most people’s worse games. I don’t this is coincidence it’s probably more like we have been generally rubbish for much of my time on this planet. 
    No, you're not getting away with that.
    If you've been at so many of the worst games then the statistics don't lie - the crap on the field was all your fault
    As so many lifers will tell you: correlation is the same as causation i.e. when two things happen at the same time more than a couple of times it ain't coincidence anymore 
    Solution: never go again and the rest of us are spared Valley shite forevermore
    I’m going to keep that in mind and give it another go next season. I won’t let you lot be happy. 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    All the Anglo Italian Cup matches at the Valley. Must have been around 93/94. It was rather exciting to watch us play Italian teams with fancy names. We were dreadful in every match. I was too young to attend the away matches, but from what i've heard we were equally as dreadful, with the exception of a Leaburn(?) goal.

Ancona away, remember it well. Good trip.

I flew out on the Saturday, the following day we were away to Luton.
    As these were the days long before mobiles, the usual thing was to go to mainline stations in big cities and hope that they had papers from back home.  It was not until we got into a pub with Charlton in before the game that I found out the score.
    The good old days some may say.
  • Options
    edited May 30
    Old Trafford Feb 2007

Slightly odd choice to highlight amongst so many shite games- but stands out for the utter pointlessness of going to the game, the shite team and the fact that the Mancs were barely interested. 2-0 often seems like the most dismissive result you can get. Park and Fletcher scored because nobody else could be bothered to. We never threatened in any way shape or form. Remember sitting there being very bored and wondering what was the point of going anymore.
    The ground was virtually silent apart from the occasional abusive comment from our bit and yawning from them. 
    Anyway roll on Mansfield and Wrexham.

• Options
    Old Trafford Feb 2007

Slightly odd choice to highlight amongst so many shite games- but stands out for the utter pointlessness of going to the game, the shite team and the fact that the Mancs were barely interested. 2-0 often seems like the most dismissive result you can get. Park and Fletcher scored because nobody else could be bothered to. We never threatened in any way shape or form. Remember sitting there being very bored and wondering what was the point of going anymore.
    The ground was virtually silent apart from the occasional abusive comment from our bit and yawning from them. 
    Anyway roll on Mansfield and Wrexham.

Marcus Bent up front on his own, had a header from a cross or a corner that he skied was about the highlight of our attacking threat