Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Just scrapes the height test.
  • ButtleJR said:
    MrBurns said:
     third signing? 

Mannion, Berry and him?
    Ah yes. I forgot about Mannion
  • Edwards in.

Still don't get the darts reference.
    It was mentioned in a linked article earlier in the thread that Edwards is a bit tasty on the oche! As long as it's not table tennis NJ will be happy.
  • Thats us playing a friendly in chilly jockoland then.
  • Scoham said:
    The club encouraging people to follow their WhatsApp channel 👀 

https://x.com/cafcofficial/status/1803346596857258373?s=46&t=A-w3Eq0EWWpjMxring904Q
    How do I join that? I joined something that claims to be Charlton Athletic but there’s only 22 followers 
  • Also the official app doesn’t load the Edwards article and other articles look like the below (iPhone 15 brand new. Same on WiFi and 5g)

• Sponsored links:

• Hal1x said:
    Thats us playing a friendly in chilly jockoland then.
    dunfermline + another away in Pre season would be class
  • Plenty of time left in the day to announce another 👀 (Absolutely not ITK, just hopeful)
  • Think the next one will probably be Mitchell but understandably that might not be this week. Unless something suddenly happens with another target. 
  • Scoham said:
    The club encouraging people to follow their WhatsApp channel 👀 

https://x.com/cafcofficial/status/1803346596857258373?s=46&t=A-w3Eq0EWWpjMxring904Q
    How do I join that? I joined something that claims to be Charlton Athletic but there’s only 22 followers 
    If you go to Find Channels and search for Charlton, the official one should come up. 

• With Birmingham signing Allsop from Hull, you would assume that means Ruddy will be moving to a new team. We have been linked, does this pave the way or are we signing Davies from Sheff Utd instead?
  • Mitchell is probably done or as good as but (quite understandably) holding off holding off on announcement and we know that a GK is on the shopping list, as well as a big guy up front.

I suppose now we need to try and move some more players out, starting with at least one out of Isted or AMB.
  • edited June 19
    Sage said:
    With Birmingham signing Allsop from Hull, you would assume that means Ruddy will be moving to a new team. We have been linked, does this pave the way or are we signing Davies from Sheff Utd instead?
    Seen elsewhere trying to get Walton from Ipswich but Championship clubs also after him. 
  • Someone said on here yesterday that Jones thought he had already agreed deals for 6. Was that in an interview, as I can't recall him saying it on the website?
  • He does not look 24-years old btw... Must have had a rough paper round Norf of the Border
    uphill
  • Sponsored links:

• Someone said on here yesterday that Jones thought he had already agreed deals for 6. Was that in an interview, as I can't recall him saying it on the website?
    The other in is Mitchell,  then 2 outs being May and Small...

;) 
    That's because he didn't - he just said "a few" but didn't name numbers, on the OS anyway.
  • Trying to tot it up.
    One senior (likely first team) player out so far, and four senior-ish players in.
    Close to the Cambridge striker … 
  • Question as I know noting about ahadme.
    If he is so good why did they rely on bonne/Taylor during a relegation battle near the end of the season 
  • LTKapal said:
    Question as I know noting about ahadme.
    If he is so good why did they rely on bonne/Taylor during a relegation battle near the end of the season 
    He was injured from Christmas from mid-March. Played in every match he was available.
  • TEL said:
    Ive just cancelled Charlton Tv after paying for a full season since its inception and the previous incarnation. They ask a reason and my reply was " The regime let our best player go in Dobbo, they let CBT go and now the rumours of Alfie being sold, so Im out"

As Ive already said, Im not going to blindly believe that Jones is our Messiah until he achieves something. Alfies 23 kept us up and was probably the only real highlight of our season.

Jones renews Campbell's contract whilst insiders reputedly say he doesnt rate Alfie. Alfie's effort and energy is something Campbell can only dream about. Sorry but I think Jones thinking is bonkers.

So until such time as I see something that makes sense (not Jones's ex favourites) then Ill save my money and sleep soundly rather than getting up at 2am to watch.

I agree, we should keep May and sell Campbell for £1.2M instead.
    It'll help if you let Charlton know the willing buyers  ;)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!