Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• He does not look 24-years old btw... Must have had a rough paper round Norf of the Border
    If he’s 24 he ran all the way there
  • So far thats 3 in & 1 out. One of the ins (GK) was indicated to be a back up and so in reality we are still looking for a No 1 GK as well as another 7 or 8 others. I expect at least one GK to leave, along with the likes of Fraser, Jones (Lloyd....not Nathan) Taylor and maybe a couple of other fringe players.

Just over a week to go to Jones (N) self imposed deadline. Lots still to do. 

• 6 of Ahadme’s 11 goals last season came from headers.

Charlton scored 7 headed goals throughout the entire season.
    Honestly I'm genuinely surprised it was as many as that. But whatever May's strengths are, being an aerial danger is not one so on that basis this sounds like addressing a weakness in the side.
  • Someone said on here yesterday that Jones thought he had already agreed deals for 6. Was that in an interview, as I can't recall him saying it on the website?
    Close to the Cambridge striker … 
    Gassan Ahadme
  • You guys do realise, as with every year, posters post rumours in the rumour thread and posters discuss those rumours in said rumours thread. I just don’t see how anyone could find that unusual.

If someone has the energy and time I am sure it would be welcomed by some to have the ‘bite sized’ rumours thread.

Otherwise just skim read through the posts if you’re that desperate to see if we are being linked with anyone. Or just wait to it’s on the official site.

How did people live before the internet? 
    Less stressful! 🥺
  •  A reminder, although a rumours thread. Ahadme’s name has NOT BEEN MENTIONED on a single football gossip column . This was all started by an individual on another forum, some of which has been correct in the past. You have all presumed this individual’s information is gospel!!! 

• Sponsored links:

• Let's see. 
  • The alternative take on May that I’ve not seen is Jones thinks the squad needs a significant amount of change, Charlie Boy and co agree but the budget to do that just isn’t there. 

So an injection to fund it is needed, Leaburn isn’t in the position to be sold for max value yet, so May is the most likely and easiest to attract interest. He’s not made great money in his career so if new improved contract offers are coming his way he’s making hay while the sun shines. 

Regardless of that, I also don’t think Jones sees May as being vital. This could be one to suit all parties but the fans. 
    I don’t get this Bart…..aren’t we supposed to have investors who are prepared to make extra funding to cover squad additions? Was this not discussed with them when they joined the project….surely it was?
    So why are we talking about selling our best players in order to have the funds required. The investors MUST realise that they will be called upon at some stage to come up with some serious wonga to implement this undertaking isn’t now the time to do so…….. if not why not I ask myself?
    We have been a selling club for countless decades (since the unambitious and stagnant Michael Glikstein days in fact), I had hoped that it would no longer be the case. 🤔
    We will always be a selling club, that's never going to change. Getting 1m+ for a player not highly rated by Jones makes perfect sense to me.

What doesn't make any sense is why May isn't highly rated
    Well…..yes and no.
    However, there has to be a happy medium, exactly where that is is debatable but I would like to see us a bit less dependent on it, particularly at this moment in time.
  • PaddyP17 said:
    Ahadme at hello

• TEL said:
    Ive just cancelled Charlton Tv after paying for a full season since its inception and the previous incarnation. They ask a reason and my reply was " The regime let our best player go in Dobbo, they let CBT go and now the rumours of Alfie being sold, so Im out"

As Ive already said, Im not going to blindly believe that Jones is our Messiah until he achieves something. Alfies 23 kept us up and was probably the only real highlight of our season.

Jones renews Campbell's contract whilst insiders reputedly say he doesnt rate Alfie. Alfie's effort and energy is something Campbell can only dream about. Sorry but I think Jones thinking is bonkers.

So until such time as I see something that makes sense (not Jones's ex favourites) then Ill save my money and sleep soundly rather than getting up at 2am to watch.

I agree, we should keep May and sell Campbell for £1.2M instead.
    It'll help if you let Charlton know the willing buyers  ;)
    Let me know too i have some old betamax's i want rid of too

Dreadful numbers.
  • Sonny Bradley was a name being mentioned on here a few weeks ago. Are we still interested or have we been knocked back or were never in the hunt at all ? 

Dreadful numbers.
    Ours or Ahadme’s? Ahadme’s 11 were in 22 starts plus 7 sub apps in a struggling Cambridge team. At 23 years old there should be a player there with the potential to improve.
  • Sponsored links:

• So far thats 3 in & 1 out. One of the ins (GK) was indicated to be a back up and so in reality we are still looking for a No 1 GK as well as another 7 or 8 others. I expect at least one GK to leave, along with the likes of Fraser, Jones (Lloyd....not Nathan) Taylor and maybe a couple of other fringe players.

Just over a week to go to Jones (N) self imposed deadline. Lots still to do. 

It's not a deadline, it's an aspiration which was unlikely to be met.
    Yes, sorry. Couldnt think of the right word, but still don't think "aspiration" covers it. More of a want than a need. 

• When is Wiredu being announced?
  • As NJ is looking to continue with the 3-5-2 formation I think the third central midfielder is going to be key. 

You would imagine Coventry will play as the 6. Berry as either the 8 or the 10, the final piece of the jigsaw will be key here if its a 10 we sign they need to be dynamic enough to support the two big lumps up top.

Although i rate Anderson, he is young and has good energy. He doesn't offer enough going forward to play behind the two strikers and we suffered a lot from that last season. Anderson as back up for the 8 + 10 positions is fine but he is not ready to be a starter in a team pushing for promotion.
    I think Berry will be more of a 10 and we will look for a box to box midfield destroyer hopefully. Coventry will play as a 4 (not 6!!!) with Terry Taylor backup for the 4 and 8, Anderson for the 8 and 10 and maybe one more midfield signing so that we’ve got 2 for each role 
  • I don't think Coventry has enough tackles in him. I can see Zach tried as CDM in pre-season.
  • Heard from a Huddersfield fan that May is a done deal. Just waiting for the green light from us to announce it. Really hope it’s not true though 
  • Scoham said:
    6 of Ahadme’s 11 goals last season came from headers.

Dreadful numbers.
    Ours or Ahadme’s? Ahadme’s 11 were in 22 starts plus 7 sub apps in a struggling Cambridge team. At 23 years old there should be a player there with the potential to improve.
    Ours.
  • RoytheBoy said:
     A reminder, although a rumours thread. Ahadme’s name has NOT BEEN MENTIONED on a single football gossip column . This was all started by an individual on another forum, some of which has been correct in the past. You have all presumed this individual’s information is gospel!!! 

Ahadme doubts
    Bean there
  • When is Wiredu being announced?
    When you lend him a dusty old shirt 
  • edited June 19
    NabySarr said:
    Heard from a Huddersfield fan that May is a done deal. Just waiting for the green light from us to announce it. Really hope it’s not true though 
    Wishful thinking on their part...🤞
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!