Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Glastonbury 2024

Comments

• edited June 30
    MrOneLung said:
    Every year the legends remind everyone why they should stop singing live. 
    It’s a painful experience. Shania’s voice really isn’t what it was and apart from the drummer I think the sound isn’t great. 
    Agree, sound wasn't great at the start, but got sorted as it went on...the visuals are good as usual..👍
  • Are you guys on here not aware Alfie May is going to Huddersfield/ Birmingham. What do you think…
  • despite the red button and bbc button attempting to bring the festival to the masses, it ain’t the same. For various reasons the sound will be off. Faults will be more visible. Diana Ross sounded incredible when we were there. Sounded like strangled cats on the replay. 
  • Watched the Bloc Party and Bombay Bicycle Club sets on catch up last night. 

The sound mix for Bloc Party was appalling. At times you could hear the drums and bass and nothing else. Guitars were too quiet as were the vocals.

I was a big fan of Bombay Bicycle Club back in the day, but they bored me senseless. No energy around the set at all and far too many lo-fi numbers.
    I thought they were really disappointing too. Shame as I like their stuff.
  • Watched the Bloc Party and Bombay Bicycle Club sets on catch up last night. 

The sound mix for Bloc Party was appalling. At times you could hear the drums and bass and nothing else. Guitars were too quiet as were the vocals.

I was a big fan of Bombay Bicycle Club back in the day, but they bored me senseless. No energy around the set at all and far too many lo-fi numbers.
    I thought they were really disappointing too. Shame as I like their stuff.
    Think this sums up how subjective it all is. Thought they were great and really high energy! 
  • despite the red button and bbc button attempting to bring the festival to the masses, it ain’t the same. For various reasons the sound will be off. Faults will be more visible. Diana Ross sounded incredible when we were there. Sounded like strangled cats on the replay. 
    I thought the same with Fleetwood Mac when seeing them @ IOW Festival. Unbelievable live, sounded dreadful rewatching back on TV.
  • I distinctly remember watching Ocean Colour Scene at V, live, and thinking they were going to pull the plug it sounded awful. People at the other side of the stage thought it was awesome. Wind must have been moving. 

Just finished watching Coldplay, I've gone full circle with them. Loved their first 2 albums, less their third then they had me back on board a few albums later. I saw them at Crystal Palace in 2005 I think. They don't give anything less than more than your money is worth. Incredible energy, the stuff with the gospel choir wasn't for me but the rest was. Really, really good 
  • The National on the Other Stage, that’s all I need 
  • I’m defo getting old…no idea who half the acts are.

Paul Heaton was quality 
    sugarbabes were good as well
    caught a bit of London Grammer, the keyboard player played like Ross in friends !?!?

coldplay were excellent, never really been a massive fan but they’ve grown on me

No idea who scissor SZR? and judging by the fact the field appears half empty I’m not the only one. 

• ….and as for the legends slot, surely that should be reserved for an actual legend?

Paul Heaton would’ve been much better than someone with basically 1 big hit?
  • Sponsored links:

• Has SZA got any songs? She pumps her bottom out a lot mind.

• Has SZA got any songs? She pumps her bottom out a lot mind.

That got my attention so turned over.

Blimey. How insipid and dull is this.
  • Admittedly, R & B ain’t my bag and I might enjoy her warblings in a jazz club, but the lack of tunes is poor.

• edited June 30
    I don't like these Glastonbury headline sets that feel like they could be happening anywhere. Like this SZA one for instance. 
  • Hardly anyone watched it by the look of things 
  • The national as always great. 

Finally saw the streets set. Really good. 
  • The Streets, or Mike Skinner full stop always does great shows. The stuff he does shouldn't work live but having seen it and been there for it, it really does. I heard a low whisper that The Music were making a comeback. If you want to know how much fun you can have with your clothes on. Get a ticket or 5 to see them and admire Rob Harvey's voice, the guitars riffs but crucially Robs Manic dancing 
  • Carter said:
    The Streets, or Mike Skinner full stop always does great shows. The stuff he does shouldn't work live but having seen it and been there for it, it really does. I heard a low whisper that The Music were making a comeback. If you want to know how much fun you can have with your clothes on. Get a ticket or 5 to see them and admire Rob Harvey's voice, the guitars riffs but crucially Robs Manic dancing 
    Ah what a live band The Music were! Great fun. Saw them and The Streets at V2005 (think it was that year), and The Music were one of the highlights of weekend (Mike Skinner was sadly very drunk and worst Streets set ever saw. To be fair, he apologised afterwards for state he was in). 
  • I wanted to see Squeeze but was working, not on the iPlayer. Ditto Seasick Steve.
    As usual its some I like, plenty I don't and some I thought were surprisingly good. 
    The only real time me and my wife sit down a watch music together is the Sunday afternoon spot, thankfully the football trumped it this year after 45 minutes.
  • edited July 1
    I wanted to see Squeeze but was working, not on the iPlayer. Ditto Seasick Steve.
    As usual its some I like, plenty I don't and some I thought were surprisingly good. 
    The only real time me and my wife sit down a watch music together is the Sunday afternoon spot, thankfully the football trumped it this year after 45 minutes.
    Seasick Steve is on iplayer
  • Sponsored links:

• I wanted to see Squeeze but was working, not on the iPlayer. Ditto Seasick Steve.
    Seasick Steve is on iPlayer.
  • When do the National finally get the Pyramid Stage headliner slot? Seemed like the winner of those headlining last night 
  • Seasick Steve more or less the only one (other than Squeeze) I really had any interest in. Thoroughly enjoyed the set last night when we came in from the pub.   
  • Gribbo said:
    Anyone know if Seassick Steve is on iPlayer?
    I'll look into it mate
  • seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    Coldplay might be OK at Glastonbury, but can they cut it on a cold Tuesday in February at the Old Tigers Head?
    Probably not, as it looks like it has closed down (if you mean the one in Lee)
    The New Tigers Head is gone, but the Old Tigers Head remains.
    It’s boarded up though 
  • Gribbo said:
    Anyone know if Seassick Steve is on iPlayer?
    It’s ok my wife told me it’s on iPlayer and we watched him. 
  • The Last Dinner Party were absolutely exceptional.