Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Glastonbury 2024

Comments

• enjoyed Anne-Marie. Didn’t realise how many songs i subconsciously knew. 
    Ditto. 
  • Love Confidence Man. Liked Anne Marie far more than I thought I would. Sugar Babes have some absolute classics. Hadn’t heard Jungle before but will try to catch them live somewhere. Fading by the time we got round to LCD so will have to catch up with that at some point. 
  • Jungle are great live, saw them in Croatia years ago. 
  • PJ Harvey’s set is excellent. Let England Shake is such a great album…
    I felt she got an underwhelming reaction. She desrves better than that. She’s been going for nearly 30 years and is pretty much this century’s Queen of Rock.
  • PJ Harvey’s set is excellent. Let England Shake is such a great album…
    I felt she got an underwhelming reaction. She desrves better than that. She’s been going for nearly 30 years and is pretty much this century’s Queen of Rock.
    Probably didn’t help hitting the stage at 6pm on the Friday. 
  • I watched the Sugarbabes on iplayer and was impressed by their vocal skills delivering live and working well together. Their last two songs as a faux encore were a lot of fun and went down very well with the audience.
    I believe those three women like most at Glastonbury are naturally musical.
    I also watched Paul Heaton and his music combo do an acapella ‘Caravan of Love’ which I liked a lot because I was charmed by it’s sincerity.
  • A very uninspiring line up so far 

No Toyah.
  • One of the acts playing on the AND stage is called Bonobo.
    I bet they don’t monkey around.
  • Sponsored links:

• fenaddick said:
    If you fancy a laugh and a jig stick The Mary Wallopers on 
    Terrific band 
  • CafcWest said:
    I might be 70...but I really like watching Aurora and her energy!
    Never heard or seen her before but trying too hard to be Bjork imo.
  • edited June 29
    Outrageous that Squeeze in their 50th year opening the pyramid stage were completely ignored by the beeb 😡
    Yeah no coverage on the iPlayer and the most embarrassing interview on bbc breakfast where I lost count how many times the interviewer got Chris and Glenn mixed up.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE36w2YIsjc

• A very uninspiring line up so far 

No Toyah.
  • Looking forward to Michael Kiwanuka later on Saturday.  Seen him a couple of times - great guitarist/vocalist.
  • edited June 29
    Bloc Party sound terrible

And the new drummer isn't a touch on Matt Tong
  • Caught 5 minutes of Cyndi Lauper

Sounded awful
  • Sponsored links:

• The Pyramid Stage line-up is appalling. Is it meant to be enjoyed ironically?

Twee pop for 12 year olds, plus the usual perennial MOR shite (e.g Coldplay, Keane, ugh) that were at their peak years ago. Why pander to people who essentially don't know or particularly like music and are basically sartorial tourists?

Current and young bands should be front and centre pushing new music, not this stale rubbish. Even if some of the bands were good in their day, this is a nostalgia fest.  It used to be a place to escape from the mainstream, now that is exactly what it is.

Thankfully there are still places to go to get away from this crap (as highlighted above), but the fact that commercial pop chart bullshit now dominates shows how going mainstream always kills anything good because it leads to corporate blandness.

It's all very Radio 2.  Very middle of the road, increasingly mainstream.  Increasingly beige.  Increasingly corporate. Should be sponsored by Pepsi or some other fizzy pop company.

Still, posh folk up from London will love it for the Instagram opportunities, which is what really counts.

Can't wait for the X-Factor tie in next year!
    Still think you should be our next PM your posts are always to the point and bang on. 
  • Last Dinner Party - Caesar was on a TV screen and was also at the front. Abigail defo caught the look and waving scroll 🤣
  • Cyndi's voice has gone unfortunately. She's still a laugh though
  • The Pyramid Stage line-up is appalling. Is it meant to be enjoyed ironically?

Twee pop for 12 year olds, plus the usual perennial MOR shite (e.g Coldplay, Keane, ugh) that were at their peak years ago. Why pander to people who essentially don't know or particularly like music and are basically sartorial tourists?

Current and young bands should be front and centre pushing new music, not this stale rubbish. Even if some of the bands were good in their day, this is a nostalgia fest.  It used to be a place to escape from the mainstream, now that is exactly what it is.

Thankfully there are still places to go to get away from this crap (as highlighted above), but the fact that commercial pop chart bullshit now dominates shows how going mainstream always kills anything good because it leads to corporate blandness.

It's all very Radio 2.  Very middle of the road, increasingly mainstream.  Increasingly beige.  Increasingly corporate. Should be sponsored by Pepsi or some other fizzy pop company.

Still, posh folk up from London will love it for the Instagram opportunities, which is what really counts.

Can't wait for the X-Factor tie in next year!
    Lot of truth in this but there a  lot going on away from the main stages which remains non corporate. 
  • Loved seeing the Idles back in March. That's what the Pyramid stage needs 
  • Little Simz amazing on the Pyramid, well worth your time on catch up
  • fenaddick said:
    Little Simz amazing on the Pyramid, well worth your time on catch up
    Not according to my missus.
  • The Streets superb.
  • Saw a bit of Little simz. Thought she struggled with her rapping with the beat of the songs. After a couple of tracks it just all sounded so samey with her rapping. Plus she did a bit of Kanye and said how she was the greatest.