Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Glastonbury 2024

Comments

• Kasabian - No Tom.No party 
    Love Kasabian but agree, it’s not the same.
  • edited June 29
    Can't believe how many people with zero musical taste are there. Judging by the size of the crowd for Coldplay it's lots.
  • Can't believe how many people with zero musical taste are there. Judging by the size of the crowd for Coldplay it's lots.
    Whether you like Coldplay or not, they do know how to put a show on.
    They are so bland I find them offensive. 
  • edited June 29
    Can't believe how many people with zero musical taste are there. Judging by the size of the crowd for Coldplay it's lots.
    I feel that way about Keane. And Ed Sheehan. I quite like Coldplay because the Parachutes album came along at a memorable time in my life and I thought the open voicing of the chords / dissonant guitar sound was interesting. 
  • Can't believe how many people with zero musical taste are there. Judging by the size of the crowd for Coldplay it's lots.
    Coldplay have always been a band that I shouldn’t like, but sorry I do 😂.
  • Chunes said:
    Bloc Party sound terrible

And the new drummer isn't a touch on Matt Tong
    Thought they were the best band I’ve seen so far. So many memories and the set was a bit rough and raw. Helicopter was class. Crowd bouncing. 
  • edited June 29
    as i was getting so pissed off with the Germany game i switched to the bbc coverage and they had the streets on. sounded alright, doing blinded by the lights. Skinner was making a big thing of getting to this flag in the crowd. Long build up. as he jumps into the crowd to walk to the flag the BBC decide to end coverage so they can put on Jason bloody Manford. 
  • edited June 29
    yard act and streets picks of the day. Gossip up next. Talented, but find Chris Martin really creepy. What’s that accent? 

No footage of ocean colour scene on the acoustic stage that I can see. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Sleaford Mods were good on the Woodsies. Very funny watching Jason battling with his shorts which were constantly falling down.
  • edited June 29
    Valley11 said:
    Chunes said:
    Bloc Party sound terrible

And the new drummer isn't a touch on Matt Tong
    Thought they were the best band I’ve seen so far. So many memories and the set was a bit rough and raw. Helicopter was class. Crowd bouncing. 
    Fair enough mate. If you were actually there then you got a better sense of it than me! Enjoy the rest
  • I'm amazed Coldplay get stick.  They are bloody brilliant live although not really my cup of tea.
    I didn’t think much of them until I saw them at glasto a few years ago, they were amazing and changed my view. Fantastic show
  • Champs85 said:
    I didn’t think much of them until I saw them at glasto a few years ago, they were amazing and changed my view. Fantastic show
    I saw some of their 2011? headline set from backstage, only time I've seen them live and it was pretty impressive to be fair
    their recorded stuff leaves me completely cold though
  • Chris Martin making up for all the acts he's jumped in on.  He's had about a million people on stage with him.
  • Are the other 3 members of Coldplay all mute?
    Don't think I've ever heard them speak.
  • Sleaford Mods were good on the Woodsies. Very funny watching Jason battling with his shorts which were constantly falling down.
    What the hell was West End Girls all about? Bloody awful.
  • Are the other 3 members of Coldplay all mute?
    One looks like Joel dommet. He’s defo not mute. 
  • Coldplay superb, as always.
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone watching?. Just seen Paul Heaton, absolute love the bloke and voice better than ever. Got Norman Cook up with him.

I wonder if there will be much anti-Tory stuff this weekend lol 
    He was bloody awesome 
  • edited June 29
    Are the other 3 members of Coldplay all mute?
       Nish Kumar does a routine about how being the drummer in Coldplay is best job in the world 

Travel the world, rich, and no one hassles you as no one knows who you are 
  • I’m a bit of an old Coldplay stuff fan who hates 90% of their recent (last 20 years) material but hey, that was a seriously brilliant show they put on. They’re back onside with this referee with no VAR check.
  • That was the same set Coldplay played in Paris last year when I went to see them, some of it mental and he goes very love-y and hippie at times, but Chris Martin and the boys know how to put on a show
  • Coldplay at Wembley was much better than this show - get it’s a different location/crowd etc 
  • edited June 29
    Thought it was a great headline performance. Really enjoyed it 
  • edited June 29
    Disclosure’s set is something else, ‘Insomnia’ just awesome. 
  • Chris Martin bothers me. I really think he is or will become the leader of some cult. 
  • Fair play to Coldplay, I don’t think I’ve listened to an album of theirs for about a decade (maybe longer) but their set looked really good.