Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Glastonbury 2024

Comments

• MrOneLung said:
    Are the other 3 members of Coldplay all mute?
    Don't think I've ever heard them speak.
       Nish Kumar does a routine about how being the drummer in Coldplay is best job in the world 

Travel the world, rich, and no one hassles you as no one knows who you are 
    Known for the scene Red Wedding in Game of Thrones.
  • The XX doing You've Got The Love has got to be the worst live performance I've ever seen, and that includes Paul Shilling And Zodiac down the Pickwick on a Sunday afternoon.
  • seth plum said:
    Coldplay might be OK at Glastonbury, but can they cut it on a cold Tuesday in February at the Old Tigers Head?
    Would you have preferred the mayor coming out and doing a set, seeing as him walking down the road was your standout part of the whole Pride extravaganza?
  • Gribbo said:
    seth plum said:
    Coldplay might be OK at Glastonbury, but can they cut it on a cold Tuesday in February at the Old Tigers Head?
    Would you have preferred the mayor coming out and doing a set, seeing as him walking down the road was your standout part of the whole Pride extravaganza?
    Where did I say ‘standout?
  • Gribbo said:
    The XX doing You've Got The Love has got to be the worst live performance I've ever seen, and that includes Paul Shilling And Zodiac down the Pickwick on a Sunday afternoon.
    The Pickwick on a sunday afternoon. Those were the days  :)
  • seth plum said:
    Gribbo said:
    seth plum said:
    Standout enough to mention it.
  • Gribbo said:
    The XX doing You've Got The Love has got to be the worst live performance I've ever seen, and that includes Paul Shilling And Zodiac down the Pickwick on a Sunday afternoon.
    The Pickwick on a sunday afternoon. Those were the days  :)
    Start off in Shitwick, then up Lib for the evening
  • Gribbo said:
    seth plum said:
    Gribbo said:
    seth plum said:
    Standout enough to mention it.
    In the short BBC coverage Khan featured at the front of the Pride march and I noticed it and said I liked it.
    I don’t know what game you’re playing here.
  • edited June 30
    Khannect 4
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 30
    Sadiqu (none of the numbers add up)
  • Is there any point having titles on discussions here anymore? Even a nice music topic gets taken over! 
    Start a new thread for this please
  • Shame about the sound issues with Lauper. Once the guitarist came to front of stage, she did improve. Superb set list even if it wasn't the greatest of performances. 
  • Is there any point having titles on discussions here anymore? Even a nice music topic gets taken over! 
    Not by me. I wrote a mild attempt at humour about Coldplay at the Tigers Head. Another poster got personal, and dare I say tried to be political.
  • Far too much pop crap there now, plenty of festivals for that rubbish. 

Best ones I’ve seen so far are Dexy’s, Little Simz and PJ Harvey. 

As someone that been to the festival around a dozen times I thought I had no yearning to go again until I watched The Streets set last night, utterly brilliant. 
  • seth plum said:
    Probably not, as it looks like it has closed down (if you mean the one in Lee)
  • buckshee said:
    Far too much pop crap there now, plenty of festivals for that rubbish. 

Best ones I’ve seen so far are Dexy’s, Little Simz and PJ Harvey. 

As someone that been to the festival around a dozen times I thought I had no yearning to go again until I watched The Streets set last night, utterly brilliant. 
    I turned on as the streets was doing the flag thing and never seeing or hearing him before thought it was karaoke time.
  • seth plum said:
    The New Tigers Head is gone, but the Old Tigers Head remains.
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    The New Tigers Head is gone, but the Old Tigers Head remains.
    Went past yesterday and The Old Tigers head is boarded up and closed.
  • Anyone watched Gossip yet?
  • The BBC got my memo 🤣
  • Gribbo said:
    Anyone watched Gossip yet?
    I’ve heard a lot of people talking about them.
    Have a watch mate. All got their top nuts out
  • edited June 30
    MrOneLung said:
    Every year the legends remind everyone why they should stop singing live. 
    It’s a painful experience. Shania’s voice really isn’t what it was and apart from the drummer I think the sound isn’t great. 
  • I know musical taste is subjective & a personal preference, but I think Coldplay are the most boring band in the world!!   The Gareth Southgate of music.

Never mind Yellow, more like Beige!!
    Well they get a lot of that kind of criticism and it's a popular theme.  Especially from talent-light comedians that only work on game shows.  I watched the Nish Kumar thing - it wasn't funny, even remotely - just jumping on a bandwagon on which there was already standing room only. In any event, he is wrong;  Bernie Taupin had the best job in the music industry - got the money, stayed anonymous and didn't even have to go on tour!

Anyway I think such views are misplaced. Coldplay have made too many records and too much money over too many years for that to be the case. Sure they are not the most musically talented band ever but they do really put on a decent show and knock out decent albums.  What I saw of their Glasto gig was an excellent production.

There are plenty more candidates out there for most boring band winners.  I have a whole list but we could start with Radiohead and The Smiths.
  • edited June 30
    Watched the Bloc Party and Bombay Bicycle Club sets on catch up last night. 

The sound mix for Bloc Party was appalling. At times you could hear the drums and bass and nothing else. Guitars were too quiet as were the vocals.

I was a big fan of Bombay Bicycle Club back in the day, but they bored me senseless. No energy around the set at all and far too many lo-fi numbers.
  • cafcfan said:
    I know musical taste is subjective & a personal preference, but I think Coldplay are the most boring band in the world!!   The Gareth Southgate of music.

Never mind Yellow, more like Beige!!
    Well they get a lot of that kind of criticism and it's a popular theme.  Especially from talent-light comedians that only work on game shows.  I watched the Nish Kumar thing - it wasn't funny, even remotely - just jumping on a bandwagon on which there was already standing room only. In any event, he is wrong;  Bernie Taupin had the best job in the music industry - got the money, stayed anonymous and didn't even have to go on tour!

Anyway I think such views are misplaced. Coldplay have made too many records and too much money over too many years for that to be the case. Sure they are not the most musically talented band ever but they do really put on a decent show and knock out decent albums.  What I saw of their Glasto gig was an excellent production.

There are plenty more candidates out there for most boring band winners.  I have a whole list but we could start with Radiohead and The Smiths.
    Pretty much sums him up.