Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Bolton Wanderers vs Charlton Athletic: Saturday 17th February 2024 | KO 15:00

Comments

• Options
    edited February 18
    Lot of whingeing on the Bolton forum. Very ungenerous about Charlton, even after the first half where we dominated them: ‘First half today was dreadful.. both teams looked awful.’
    The most generous comment was a reply to someone who predicted 3-2 (when the score was 2-2) and the fella replied ‘to Charlton? They look more like scoring than we do’.

We were waiting to go out to the Battersea Light Festival and in danger of missing train waiting for our result to come from through. 

The sheer utter pain of staring at that bottom line of Sky Sports vidiprinter just waiting for it to come up with a Bolton goal in the 90-10 minute and ruining our day and then evening…

Supporting Charlton currently feels like you’re permanently in a damaged relationship and just waiting for your partner to cheat or be a loon.

Anyway, great point. The inability to not concede goals even with the opponents main striker missing remains a huge problem. We need to stop this. 
    How was the light festival @AFKBartram? Was thinking of going this week. It’s a 25 minute walk for me.

Agree about watching Charlton matches. This season has conditioned us to expect a last minute disaster; but under Jones that’s beginning to change.
    The good news is, we’ve only got Portsmouth on Saturday. 
    Since losing at home to Orient theyve gone WWDWWWW
    😱
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Lot of whingeing on the Bolton forum. Very ungenerous about Charlton, even after the first half where we dominated them: ‘First half today was dreadful.. both teams looked awful.’
    The most generous comment was a reply to someone who predicted 3-2 (when the score was 2-2) and the fella replied ‘to Charlton? They look more like scoring than we do’.

We were waiting to go out to the Battersea Light Festival and in danger of missing train waiting for our result to come from through. 

The sheer utter pain of staring at that bottom line of Sky Sports vidiprinter just waiting for it to come up with a Bolton goal in the 90-10 minute and ruining our day and then evening…

Supporting Charlton currently feels like you’re permanently in a damaged relationship and just waiting for your partner to cheat or be a loon.

Anyway, great point. The inability to not concede goals even with the opponents main striker missing remains a huge problem. We need to stop this. 
    How was the light festival @AFKBartram? Was thinking of going this week. It’s a 25 minute walk for me.

Agree about watching Charlton matches. This season has conditioned us to expect a last minute disaster; but under Jones that’s beginning to change.
    The good news is, we’ve only got Portsmouth on Saturday. 
    Since losing at home to Orient theyve gone WWDWWWW
    😱
    ir was the very last result to be confirmed on sky soccer saturday - cost me a snooker match as i couldn't focus on anything but the screen for about 10 minutes just waiting for the hammer blow 
  • Options
    Good performance.

Too little too late I fear. 
    Fear is what stops you playing and gets you relegated. 

As long as the players don't think like you do 😛
  • Options
    has set up a big match feel for next saturday - expect a great atmosphere and if we can hang in there for 60 minutes, i expect us to suck the ball and chucks into the back of the net 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 18
    Portsmouth is my local team, and I am pig sick of hearing Radio Solent waxing lyrical about fu*kin' Pompey, and Saints for that matter, and am really looking forward to stuffing it back on Saturday...feeling confident, don't let me down now Charlton...🙏
  • Options
    edited February 18
    I always watch the feed (in the Netherlands), but find it much more stressful than being at the matches. 
    But clearly, we look like a different team than the one that played Reading (actually went to that one). 
    Still think we’ll slip into the relegation zone, as Cheltenham and Vale have two and three games in hand over us respectively. After that it’ll get very interesting. Small will make a difference, he looks very good, and the sort of physical presence we’ve been lacking. 

Just watching this video blog. https://youtu.be/U9DFZT0GbgU?si=LKr5CxfdmkDo9Ox7
  • Options
    Still not convinced by Isted, felt AMB would’ve done better with all the goals.
    First one at his near post was the only goal I didnt like from Isted

Defence didnt help him out at all with the other two
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Thought he didn’t get near enough to the second goal. It was a decent shot, but it wasn’t in the corner. 
  • Options
    My thoughts from the game. We seem to be going in the right direction and I think we will be safe. I thought we stood off them a bit at the end which may have been down to the bookings or tiredness but without Santos their defence is ordinary. A deserved point and them moaning about Kanu's goal was beyond pathetic. Not a foul in a million years. Small looked good and Ramsey and Small as wing backs may be the way forwards. 
  • Options
    not heard much about the injury camara picked up - hope its not serious - anybody know? 
  • Options
    edited February 18
    JamesSeed said:

Thought he didn’t get near enough to the second goal. It was a decent shot, but it wasn’t in the corner. 
    Grass is always greener and all that, I thought Harry had an ok game, and maybe Thomas (i think), could have got goal side of the scorer for the first, as in the second one, leaving it all to Dobson, instead of closing down in support could have helped...but swings and roundabout stuff, you could find fault wherever you want to, in retrospect, we did well overall...🙄
  • Options
    edited February 18
    I think you can find some fault with Thomas for the first and Dobbo for the second but they were not the big mistakes we have grown accustomed too this season. Thomas should have been tighter to his man but was marking him and Dobbo dived in to block a shot but the player was right footed and there was a defender there to block a left footed shot. You can find a bit of fault with the majority of goals. Isted didn't have a lot to do apart from the goals. Their keeper made a great save from Chuks which would have won it for us.
  • Options
    Good recent given the context. Pompey a different beast I think. It’s good that they have a whole week on the training ground before that one 
    We are also their bogey team... Will definitely be having a bet on Charlton double chance
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    fenaddick said:
    Great point, great from Anderson and Kanu, great shithousery from Isted and great to see Small play well and last 90+ mins. Just great. 
    Didn't see the game so what's with all the shithousery comments ? (please) What was he up to ?
    Going down injured a couple of times in added time which brought the trainer on broke up play and their momentum. Just like other teams seem to always do to us.
    Thanks 👍
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    Great point, great from Anderson and Kanu, great shithousery from Isted and great to see Small play well and last 90+ mins. Just great. 
    Didn't see the game so what's with all the shithousery comments ? (please) What was he up to ?
    Isted got a couple of knocks and made a meal of them staying down for treatment (just like every other club does, but never us because we were too soft).    (Jason Pearce used to).
    Thanks 👍
  • Options
    Good result, not expected. Hopefully the defence will learn a lot on video playback especially for the third Bolton goal, Small and especially Ramani could and should have done more.