Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Bolton Wanderers vs Charlton Athletic: Saturday 17th February 2024 | KO 15:00

After that, I don’t have anything in the tank for a full summary, suffice to say that a point and three goals on the road to the team with the best home record in the league is magnificent and certainly unexpected.

Daniel Kanu’s work rate was phenomenal, working along with Ladapo to provide pressure from the front. And a great, battling goal capped off what I think is his best performance in the first team. 

Thierry Small’s debut was excellent, also capped off with a very good goal. 

A solid team effort. Unfortunate to concede three, but it looks like our scoring boots are back.

Nathan Jones’s energy has carried through to the team that is slowly building in the right direction. If we can keep that up, the points will surely come.

Bolton 3 Charlton 3

Over to you.

Comments

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Worked hard, fought for everything and, for a complete change, I thought we had a decent rub of the green today as well. 

We all would've taken a point before the game.
  • Options
    Great point. Shows we can mix it with the "big boys" and put a proper shift in.
    Looking forward to the pompey game next week, regardless of there result.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A much better performance something to build on , Anderson and Kanu were excellent , never stopped running .
  • Options
    So much to enjoy. Great thing is that Anderson and Kanu were our two best players. Academy graduates that NJ is getting a real tune out of. Also having such a strong bench is great.
    NJ should have brought the subs on 5 minutes earlier as the team was visibly wilting.
    Problem remains the defence. we will not be saved unless the defence is improved really rapidly.
  • Options
    Still room for improvement, but reckon you can tell that something is definitely happening to take the team forward.

Played well and a solid 7.5/10 team performance from me.
  • Options
    Gutsy. We’re not brilliant but show guts and effort like that until the end of the season and we’ll be fine. 
  • Options
    Why oh why didn't we sack Appleton 3 or 4 weeks before we did?
    Why oh why did we employ him in the first place!
    If only Jones hadn't wanted longer out the game, by the way he spoke when he joined.
  • Options
    Well played Addicks. Wasnt able to watch but sounds like point at least was deserved. next 2 games tough but more optimism now after that. then 6 games in March and play like that and all are winable. Just so frustrating that NJ not brought in sooner - could have got us playing properly earlier. Defence still iffy but lets not be negative !