Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Bolton Wanderers vs Charlton Athletic: Saturday 17th February 2024 | KO 15:00

Comments

• Options
    Why oh why didn't we sack Appleton 3 or 4 weeks before we did?
     Because he's scotts mate ? 
  • Options
    One thing I didn’t notice - who took the captain’s armband when George went off? 
    Alfie wasn’t on at that point, so not sure who’s the next cab off the rank?
    Lloyd Jones
    Cheers. 👍🏼
    He would’ve been my guess, but couldn’t see an armband on him!
    Definitely wearing it in the post match celebrations here:
  • Options
    Bolton committed to it hard to be fair to them, send their medical staff on to do a concussion check and everything.
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    Great point, great from Anderson and Kanu, great shithousery from Isted and great to see Small play well and last 90+ mins. Just great. 
    Didn't see the game so what's with all the shithousery comments ? (please) What was he up to ?
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    Great point, great from Anderson and Kanu, great shithousery from Isted and great to see Small play well and last 90+ mins. Just great. 
    Didn't see the game so what's with all the shithousery comments ? (please) What was he up to ?
    Isted got a couple of knocks and made a meal of them staying down for treatment (just like every other club does, but never us because we were too soft).    (Jason Pearce used to).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What a load of old shite spouted by Evatt.
    Their player definitely did not bang his head for our 3rd goal.
    He landed on his back & feigned injury in an attempt to get the game stopped.
    Was just going to post the same. Looked like the ref got that spot on, definitely not a head injury.
  • Options
    Wasn’t there, didn’t watch the stream so can’t really comment on the team performance or individual performances but sounds like we gave it a right old go and a point away to one of the best teams in the league isn’t to be sniffed at. Need to pick up a win soon though and seeing as we are Pompey’s bogey team hopefully it’ll be next Saturday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The perfect shithouse performance from us yesterday that was just missing a win. Felt a bit deflated that we didn’t win, which is a big change from the last few months. Big performance and proud of the boys, Bolton are no mugs and I feel confident we can get a result against Pompey and Derby then focus on the 11 or so cup finals after that. UTA!! 
  • Options
    Good recent given the context. Pompey a different beast I think. It’s good that they have a whole week on the training ground before that one 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    I don’t want to incur the wrath of @lancashire lad  and clog up the player ratings with comments there. But it’s amazing that, in a match that is almost certainly our best performance of the season, we have two young academy products fighting it out for man of the match (Kanu and Anderson). 

It shows how proud we should be of our academy, how much trouble this club would be without it and how much our future depends on making sure it’s protected. 
    Fully deserved. The pair of them were different class yesterday.