Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Bolton Wanderers vs Charlton Athletic: Saturday 17th February 2024 | KO 15:00

Comments

• Options
    Very brief line on Ramsay's injury from NJ here https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/sport/nathan-jones-on-…bsence-at-bolton/
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    Didn’t watch the match, didn’t follow the match, thought we were onto a loser. But I’m absolutely delighted with a point. Have just watched the goals on Sky Sports. Thought Small’s cross into the box was a peach and Lapado was unlucky not to get a flick. So, we deserved that one. I’m loathed to criticise but all of their goals might have been prevented if we’d been a bit tighter on them. But this is League One football. How many times did their player turn in the box for the second. Could’ve got a foot in there, I reckon. Still, looking forward to next week. Bring on Pompei … 
    What you won't have got from those highlights for the second is that most of the players he turned were on a yellow (from memory) so couldn't really stick a foot in
  • Options
    timken said:
    I saw your 0-4 prediction colin and thought that was over pessimistic
    Cheers Tim.  Well wouldn’t be the first time that Charlton have pulled something out the hat.  Also said Portsmouth won win 4-0 against Reading. 

We been following the game for too many years I care to remember 

Lets turn the clock back to Harland and start again mate. Trust you are keeping well.

This point could make a difference.
  • Options
    edited February 17
    At the game.🙂
    So pleased I felt well enough to make the trip.
    A very exciting game in which everyone in a red shirt had a really good shift…..for which they can all feel well satisfied.
    This was ‘without doubt’ our best performance of the season……and arguably even longer than that.
    Bolton were the better footballing side most of the time but we more than matched them for effort and spirit.
    All Addicks can genuinely feel well satisfied with our performance.
    Ref was an absolute tosser! 🤨

Black shirt SoundAs, (clearly a freudian slip)...but i agree with your summary...👍
  • Options
    LouisMend said:
    Very brief line on Ramsay's injury from NJ here https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/sport/nathan-jones-on-…bsence-at-bolton/
    How do we break players so quickly!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Boo hoo. Some bitter lemons oop north
  • Options
    edited February 17
    Despite the changes forced upon Evatt he would still have expected to beat us. We didn’t roll over but did the complete opposite and he should be grateful for a point having been behind twice. You need to take a large spoonful of sugar with those grapes Ian 😏.
  • Options
    If we went to Bolton today, with Appleton still in charge, we would have been slaughtered 

BUT we didn’t get slaughtered 

We had, grit, determination, desire, workrate, application, some skill at times

We had goals in us, we pressed, we never gave up 

Yes, squeaky bum time at times, some last ditch defending at times, but bloody hell what a stint they ALL put in, against one of the best teams in Lge shite 

That is the CAFC I know and love today - rarely has a point made me so happy to witness - Bolton fans who saw them dismantle us at The Valley must have been rubbing their eyes in amazement 

We were 1-0 up, then 2-1 up, then 2-2, then 3-2 down, AND we kept on going and got 3-3 

Fucking love this - fighting spirit, and AT LAST some shithousery by us - the division we are in you have to - at times - be utter gits

Kanu MoM by a country mile - excellent 

My only gripe - he put subs on 5 to 10 mins too late 

Saturday evening and CAFC have given me a warm glow - long time since I’ve felt like this 

Lady Flash, to the bedroom …..
    We were 1-0 down not 0-1 up.
    We were 2-3 up, not 3-2 down.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    msomerton said:
    I did not watch or follow the game , so must ask how is a fantastic performance when we conceed3 goals and end up drawing 3 all after being 2-1 according to the BBC summary on line.

Everybody has written how chuffed they are with the intensity and high level of performance away from home, against what is considered the best team in the division with the best home record.

Hey, we even got a very good point, where most of the division leave empty handed.

Mate, this was a blood and thunder game and hard fought by both sides. A few weeks ago we would have been annihilated here 0-4 or 0-5.

And you don't understand why our people are so happy? 

👍
  • Options
    If we went to Bolton today, with Appleton still in charge, we would have been slaughtered 

BUT we didn’t get slaughtered 

We had, grit, determination, desire, workrate, application, some skill at times

We had goals in us, we pressed, we never gave up 

Yes, squeaky bum time at times, some last ditch defending at times, but bloody hell what a stint they ALL put in, against one of the best teams in Lge shite 

That is the CAFC I know and love today - rarely has a point made me so happy to witness - Bolton fans who saw them dismantle us at The Valley must have been rubbing their eyes in amazement 

We were 1-0 up, then 2-1 up, then 2-2, then 3-2 down, AND we kept on going and got 3-3 

Fucking love this - fighting spirit, and AT LAST some shithousery by us - the division we are in you have to - at times - be utter gits

Kanu MoM by a country mile - excellent 

My only gripe - he put subs on 5 to 10 mins too late 

Saturday evening and CAFC have given me a warm glow - long time since I’ve felt like this 

Lady Flash, to the bedroom …..
    We were 1-0 down not 0-1 up.
    We were 2-3 up, not 3-2 down.
    Whatever beer he was on I’ll have some of that 😜
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 17
    Wasn't overly surprised to see Alfie.May dropped to the bench today.  Jones was really laying into him on Tuesday. 

I'm hoping it's just a case of Jones trying to give him a kick up the arse.  Hope it has the desired affect 
  • Options
    edited February 17
    At the end of the day we didn't win....and we needs wins desperately. We now equal an EFL record this season for the number of games without a win. 15. That is a third of a season, and correctly just under half the number of games we've played. By the time we play Pompey it will be 3 months. 

• Options
    1StevieG said:
    just goes to show how bad Appleton is as a
    manager 
    Awesome coach apparently. A few park League players say he's the best they've played for at Goals.