Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Bolton Wanderers vs Charlton Athletic: Saturday 17th February 2024 | KO 15:00

Comments

• Options
    Terrific away point to pick up and that performance is going to have given a lot of the team a well needed confidence boost. 
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:

"Nathan Jones desperate to be centre of attention today as well. Screaming and dancing for 90 minutes on the sideline. His players joining in his performance and theatrics. 

Another job he won’t be in that long either.

Hate dropping points to teams like that. Awful.

#bwfc"

Oooooooooo...

That guy's entire twitter feed is full of tears about the game. He had a bet on 5-0 before kick off. Deluded fan of a third tier football club.
    Great fishing opportunity for our fans. Arrogant twat. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Considering we like to beat Pompey and we have new found structure and energy, I think we might just beat Pompey
  • Options
    Addick_8 said:
    Karoy Anderson’s best game in a Charlton shirt. Top performance. 
    Still in serious trouble but Jones will give us a fighting chance. 
    Be a good atmosphere Saturday after that, looking forward to it.
    I honestly don’t think we are. Still think Exeter and the likes will be dragged into it.

I honestly fancy us to get a result against Pompey next week!
  • Options
    One thing I didn’t notice - who took the captain’s armband when George went off? 
    Alfie wasn’t on at that point, so not sure who’s the next cab off the rank?
  • Options
    Heroic performance against the team with the best home record in league 1. Lots of good performances all over the pitch. Small, Kanu, Anderson all looked so much better, and we looked really up for it. 
    Bring on Portsmouth.
  • Options
    Great result wasn't expecting that at all. Let's hope thats the start of the rest of the season.
  • Options
    fantastic unexpected point well done lads and safe travels to the fans on the way home 👍
  • Options
    It almost feels a little bit disappointing after taking the lead twice. However a brave and courageous performance and we were worth sharing the spoils!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pompey 4 1 today but stats suggest they aren't completely dominant
  • Options
    Very good team performance except for our standard ineptitude at the back.

First half was especially good. We totally nullified them with our hard pressing and work rate to the point where they had to resort to quick lumps forward. Shame we couldn't keep that up for 90 mins but we still competed with them well in the second half. Pleased for kanu to get a goal as he gave his all today. If we perform like that against Portsmouth then we defo have a chance for a long overdue 3 points.

Encouraging debut from small as well. Seems to have genuine pace and power and put in more quality crosses today than we've seen from our full backs all season. Still raw but fits this formation far better than Edun.
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:

"Nathan Jones desperate to be centre of attention today as well. Screaming and dancing for 90 minutes on the sideline. His players joining in his performance and theatrics. 

Another job he won’t be in that long either.

Hate dropping points to teams like that. Awful.

#bwfc"

Oooooooooo...

That guy's entire twitter feed is full of tears about the game. He had a bet on 5-0 before kick off. Deluded fan of a third tier football club.
    probably a relative of Appleton.
  • Options
    One thing I didn’t notice - who took the captain’s armband when George went off? 
    Alfie wasn’t on at that point, so not sure who’s the next cab off the rank?
    Lloyd Jones
    Cheers. 👍🏼
    He would’ve been my guess, but couldn’t see an armband on him!