Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jones' press conference

Comments

• Hed be like a new signing
  • Shall we move talk about tonight's game to the BSM thread, will stop this one being clogged up https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/98184/bristol-street-motors-24-25-bromley-cambridge#latest
  • edited September 17
    The big question is will Terry Taylor play?
    I swear he's been accidentally locked in a cupboard somewhere... One day in a few years the door will be opened and he'll just been sitting there - Bit like when you discover something you've been missing for years, and stumble across it randomly... Like Cory Gibbs.
  • The big question is will Terry Taylor play?
    I swear he's been accidentally locked in a cupboard somewhere... One day in a few years the door will be opened and he'll just been sitting there - Bit like when you discover something you've been missing for years, and stumble across it randomly... Like Cory Gibbs.
    Does Cory Gibbs actually exist ? Has anyone actually seen him  :#  
  • The big question is will Terry Taylor play?
    Does Cory Gibbs actually exist ? Has anyone actually seen him  :#  

The USA international spent 2 seasons at CAFC without playing but made 83 appearances after leaving!
  • Is it just me that really enjoyed hearing Jones say he likes the BSM trophy? 

If we are being realistic, none of us will ever see Charlton lift a league title, FA cup (again) or a league cup. So to me this is and always has been our best chance of lifting a trophy. 

I'd personally love a day out at Wembley, especially if it's against a club with good history like Birmingham, Bolton, Huddersfield etc. 

As long as it doesn't effect our league chances, which I think with our squad depth, it shouldn't.
  • Did he mention Zach Mitchell 😁
  • Sponsored links:

• Personally I can't wait to get out of this shit league so we never have to play in this competition again. 
    Giving players minutes is about all it's good for .
    I understand, but it would be nice to win it along the way though, it's still something for the clubs history imo. 
  • Personally I can't wait to get out of this shit league so we never have to play in this competition again. 
    I understand, but it would be nice to win it along the way though, it's still something for the clubs history imo. 
    It's been sullied by the U21 teams, but when you look at who's won the trophy, it's mainly teams we would see as our natural rivals. The last 4 winners are Peterborough, Bolton, Rotherham and Sunderland.

And over its history Bristol City have won it 3 times, plus plenty of other teams now in the Championship.
  • Hope he has toasted their plums over a red hot brazier with the help of a couple of Satan's fiery imps...

HMS Piss the League must set sail!

I'd not go to the final, this cup is a sign of how far we have fallen.

I'd not go to the final, this cup is a sign of how far we have fallen.

So is every league game we play though 
  • Hope he has toasted their plums over a red hot brazier with the help of a couple of Satan's fiery imps...

HMS Piss the League must set sail!
    A bit of toasting of his own would not go amiss after his selections on Saturday.
  • Sponsored links:

• "Tactically there were no problems"
  • Dazzler21 said:
    "Tactically there were no problems"
    yeah that was a big red flag for me too, not sure what he was on about there 
  • “We finished the season and started this season very well. Suddenly now, within a week-and-a-half, I have to rip up the model"

Not sure how to read this ? Is he saying that people are suggesting that he rips up the model, or is he saying that he needs to rip up the model and try a new approach ?

I hope it's the latter.

• “We finished the season and started this season very well. Suddenly now, within a week-and-a-half, I have to rip up the model"

Not sure how to read this ? Is he saying that people are suggesting that he rips up the model, or is he saying that he needs to rip up the model and try a new approach ?

I hope it's the latter.

I hope it’s the former
  • Rothko said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    God I hate selective out of context quotes, post the whole context or don't bother
    He literally spoke those words about the result, specifically when asked about the result. It's abbreviated  because I cannot be arsed to type out all of the answer, but it's not out of context and he repeated it.. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Rothko said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    God I hate selective out of context quotes, post the whole context or don't bother
    He literally spoke those words about the result, specifically when asked about the result. It's abbreviated  because I cannot be arsed to type out all of the answer, but it's not out of context and he repeated it.. 
    know how you feel, I felt as arsed off when doing the stats which is why they were late, after Saturday it might take even longer
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Rothko said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    well done for saying it’s out of context because you’re too pig lazy
  • edited October 3
    Rothko said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Rothko said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    well done for saying it’s out of context because you’re too pig lazy
    Pig lazy lmfao, why should I type out what you can put in the effort to listen to yourself. Or better still the club should post the comments rather than just their selective comments.