Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

League One Relegation Watch 2024

Comments

• Absolute shit game shit goal
  • Shocking but it is it's exactly where we deserve to be.
    We will get out of it if we win a good number of our remaining games. 
    If we don't then we will go down and rightly so.
    Much as it grieves me to say.
    We have lost half the games we have played so far this season.
    We can't rely on other teams not winning week after week just because we can't win ourselves.
  • It was bound to get worse before it gets better. And it WILL get better, just not necessarily tomorrow.
  • cazo said:
    Absolute shit game shit goal
    Have we lost already? 
  • Bottom line … We have to win all of our games in March to stand any chance of staying up 😢
  • edited February 23
    HT Wigan 0 - 1 Cheltenham...

Would like to think this isn't  just...
    Can't be arsed midtable 0-1 Fighting for survival...🙄
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 23
    Genuinely don’t see anything in this group to show they are capable of turning around a big points gap. 3 clean sheets this season. No back to back wins. If we are 5 points adrift or worse after Derby I think we are gone. Really need to win tomorrow. Big atmosphere needed to get behind them. 
  • Wigan 1-1 Cheltenham...better
  • edited February 23
    The fact the we find ourselves behind either of Wigan and Cheltenham is a disgrace and an embarrassment. Such has been the poor display from both teams. 

Wigan now draw level having been on top for most of the game.

Wigan's play is not dissimilar to our own. Lots of possession and tippy tappy between the defence, but very little penetration whilst having the ball, hence the other team can relax. 
  • This site is so up and down it’s ridiculous.

People buzzing after a point at Bolton and yet before we’ve even kicked a ball again, people have jacked it in.

We have 13 games left - that’s 39 points to play for, it’s still well within NJ and our players hands.
    I think it’s called a difference of opinions. Of course it’s still well within our hands, but it’s also in everyone else hands as well. The gap is starting to increase and we are now chasing rather than being chased. Tbf, ive not seen anyone say Fleetwood will stay up, but they still have 39 points to play for. 

I think our ability to keep clean sheets is what it will come down too. 

• You don’t do yourself any favours by chasing a moving target. It obviously feels worse than putting a static points total on it.

When we get to four or five games left and if we’re still involved in this mess, that’s when I’ll start worrying about the goals going in elsewhere.
  • We need 5 wins and probably 3 of those need to be over the 3 teams below us.
  • Bloody hell, watching this all unfold at Wigan is terrible on the old ticker...🙄
  • Sponsored links:

• We need 5 wins and probably 3 of those need to be over the 3 teams below us.
    I'd hope under Jones we'd be able to beat either of Wigan and Cheltenham. Been a terrible watch. 
  • This site is so up and down it’s ridiculous.

People buzzing after a point at Bolton and yet before we’ve even kicked a ball again, people have jacked it in.

We have 13 games left - that’s 39 points to play for, it’s still well within NJ and our players hands.
    Couldnt agree more 
  • Full time 1-1, Cheltenham level on points but below on goal difference
  • FT Wigan 1- 1 Cheltenham...and breathe everybody, on to Portsmouth and three points we go...
  • An awful watch, but haven't we been the same for way too long. Let's hope there is some kind of renaissance with NJ in charge. After the last three months I have no faith or optimistm going into these last 13 games, but I have hope.... F*ck it's that what kills you. Arghhhhh. 
  • We've been let off the hook twice this week by Reading and Wigan tonight, now it's our turn to prove we have the bottle and fight to get ourselves out of this shite starting tomorrow...
  • Still out of the relegation zone, just about amazing really as we have won 7 games all season