Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

League One Relegation Watch 2024

Comments

• Carlisle are gone.

Fleetwood nearly gone and if we finish below them we will have.

Port vale look very poor and I would be surprised if they dig themselves out of this.

Cheltenham, Charlton and Shrews for the other spot is my guess right now... But of course things change quickly.
    Plus one other possibly Exeter.
  • edited February 20
    FT Reading 2-0 Port Vale....and breathe👍👍👍
  • With a game in hand on reading rather they got the points tonight. Still drag them back in whilst PV stay in the shit with hard sides to play 
  • Reading are a perfect example of what getting a win can do and stringing results together, forget about them they're gone, if it had to be a winner tonight rather them than PV
    That's it got to worry about teams below us rather then on top
  • Sponsored links:

• Get to 50 points and other results are unlikely to matter. A few more above that and we’d definitely be safe.
  • Scoham said:
    Get to 50 points and other results are unlikely to matter. A few more above that and we’d definitely be safe.
    I doubt it will happen . There are no indications (so far ) that we will get anywhere near 50 points . 45 might be enough to keep us up just because the teams below are so bad . 
  • Scoham said:
    Get to 50 points and other results are unlikely to matter. A few more above that and we’d definitely be safe.
    I doubt it will happen . There are no indications (so far ) that we will get anywhere near 50 points . 45 might be enough to keep us up just because the teams below are so bad . 
    Not saying I’m confident we’ll do that, I’m saying if any team around our position wins enough games they’ll stay up. It’s impossible for every club to go on a great run as teams have to play each other.

I can’t see this run without a win continuing much longer. Even Fleetwood and Carlisle have won more recently than us, it’s an unusually bad run and just getting the team more organised and motivated with more tactical flexibility is going to make a difference.
  • Cambridge will relegate us, and Taylor gets the winner.
  • Lyle Taylor sent off against Bolton
    How sad, what a pity, never mind!
  • We are still very much in it but as I’ve said before teams down the wrong end of the table are there for a reason I don’t believe they are all going to start going on runs and beating people they haven’t done so far.

so far jones has picked up 2 points far from ideal but I expected us to get peppered at Bolton to go there and score 3 and return with a point is a positive. 

I think March will be pivotal in seeing where we play our football next season 

pompey and derby are free hits it would surprise me if we beat pompey as we are very much there bogey team and they are flying atm. 
  • Sponsored links:

• What I take from tonight’s results is that we are still deep in the shit and need to win games. End of.
    Well that was a given anyway, but every little helps eh...up to us now to do our bit, and why not start Saturday...
  • Good news our recent form is picking right up and I think the point at Bolton might count double cos they won at Cambridge last night 
  • We are still very much in it but as I’ve said before teams down the wrong end of the table are there for a reason I don’t believe they are all going to start going on runs and beating people they haven’t done so far.

so far jones has picked up 2 points far from ideal but I expected us to get peppered at Bolton to go there and score 3 and return with a point is a positive. 

I think March will be pivotal in seeing where we play our football next season 

pompey and derby are free hits it would surprise me if we beat pompey as we are very much there bogey team and they are flying atm. 
    Sorry but this is nonsensical.

There are no free hits when you haven’t won in nearly 20 games and are on the edge of the relegation zone.

We need to win not far short of half of our remaining games off the back of the run I just mentioned. We need every point we can get.

Also you state teams at the bottom won’t all start going on runs which is correct. So does that include us or are we different?
    This in spades.
  • Despite losing, Port Vale fans seem more positive after last nights game. Sounds like Moore has at least got them looking better so will put up more of a fight. I think Cheltenham will get out of it so I'd expect us Port Vale and Shrewsbury to be fighting it out for the final 2 positions.
  • edited February 21
    Interesting looking ahead at the remaining fixtures for all those in trouble. This is the average league position of every team's remaining opponents:

Exeter: 13.66
    Wycombe: 13.21
    Reading: 11.91
    Cambridge: 10.64
    Burton: 13.43
    Shrewsbury: 12.23
    Charlton: 13.15
    Cheltenham: 13.20
    Port Vale: 11.80
    Fleetwood: 12.76
    Carlisle: 12.07

Basically the higher the number, in theory the easier the remaining games. Cambridge have by far the toughest remaining schedule, whilst Exeter have the easiest. Our remaining games relative to some of those around us are actually quite favourable.
  • swordfish said:
    follett said:
    Despite losing, Port Vale fans seem more positive after last nights game. Sounds like Moore has at least got them looking better so will put up more of a fight. I think Cheltenham will get out of it so I'd expect us Port Vale and Shrewsbury to be fighting it out for the final 2 positions.
    Blimey. Duking it out with Port Vale and Shrewsbury at the foot of L1 is not exactly living the dream is it? Someone wake me from this nightmare please. 😟
    Made even bleaker when you remember Cheltenham went the first 12 or so games without scoring a single goal