Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

League One Relegation Watch 2024

Comments

• Need a couple of favours from reading now
  • Thought Orient mightve done us a favour today🙄
  • Last 5 seasons (excluding covid season) average of 46 points keeps you up. 13 from 13 needed.

i think we can will do that, plus our goal difference is better. 
  • With Readings gd being near ours let them escape in the hope they beat both Vale and Shrewsbury. In doing so it then brings Exeter into the mix with a game in hand over them and we play them plus our gd is better. 

It will be tight but every team at the bottom has tough games. Also Wigan to beat Cheltenham Friday.

Its in our hands, a win against Pompey would be great but we just need to get to March in not too bad a position because as Curbs always said you have to beat the teams around us. 
  • With Readings gd being near ours let them escape in the hope they beat both Vale and Shrewsbury. In doing so it then brings Exeter into the mix with a game in hand over them and we play them plus our gd is better. 

It will be tight but every team at the bottom has tough games. Also Wigan to beat Cheltenham Friday.

Its in our hands, a win against Pompey would be great but we just need to get to March in not too bad a position because as Curbs always said you have to beat the teams around us. 
    See, I think the opposite. I would have preferred Port Vale to have won today & then beat Reading tuesday. They have 3 games in hand on us & very likely to go above us anyway, whilst Reading have played the same amount of games as us. 

Oh well, not a lot we can do but sit back and watch it all play out.

But we do need another couple of teams to be in the mix with us. Shrewsbury being one of them. Maybe Exeter as they have played a game more & have a vastly inferior GD to us. Others a few places above us have at least a game in hand & 5 points ahead.

We really do need to.start winning games !
  • I think we’ll get something at Derby. They’re not playing all that well. 
  • Have a look at Shrewsbury's games, the next two, Reading and Lincoln are tough, and it doesn't get easier after that, but I make you right Golfie, we need to win games. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 17
    Four aways in March, three aways in the next four games.  Teams around us having games in hand.
    Jones has given us hope BUT still a very worrying period.
    But you said we’d get  stuffed trounced today………….. Don’t panic, Nathan’s got his hands firmly on the wheel 😉.

We're going to get trounced.
  • After the games today: 

Wycombe Wanderers
    32911124143-238
    Cambridge United
    31108133038-838
    Burton Albion
    32108142941-1238
    Reading
    33109144249-735
    Shrewsbury Town
    33105182344-2135
    Charlton Athletic
    33712144752-533

Cheltenham Town

Port Vale
    3087153248-1631
    Fleetwood Town
    3368193355-2226
    Carlisle United
    3248202655-2920
  • After the games today: 

Wycombe Wanderers
    32911124143-238
    Cambridge United
    31108133038-838
    Burton Albion
    32108142941-1238
    Reading
    33109144249-735
    Shrewsbury Town
    33105182344-2135
    Charlton Athletic
    33712144752-533

Cheltenham Town

Port Vale
    3087153248-1631
    Fleetwood Town
    3368193355-2226
    Carlisle United
    3248202655-2920
    That's a lot of unnecessary typing.
  • RedChaser said:
    Four aways in March, three aways in the next four games.  Teams around us having games in hand.
    But you said we’d get  stuffed trounced today………….. Don’t panic, Nathan’s got his hands firmly on the wheel 😉.

I wish you'd get stuffed B)
  • RedChaser said:

Stop being a doom and gloom spreader there’s enough of them about and ‘always look on the bright side of life’ 😉
  • Last 5 seasons (excluding covid season) average of 46 points keeps you up. 13 from 13 needed.

i think we can will do that, plus our goal difference is better. 
    Think any club that only achieves 46 points this season will be playing Division 2 football in season 24/25.
    Going to need 50 points to survive this season.
  • RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:

Stop being a doom and gloom spreader there’s enough of them about and ‘always look on the bright side of life’ 😉
    Stop picking on the Elf. 

He looks up to you.
  • edited February 18
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:

Stop picking on the Elf. 

He looks up to you.
    And I look up to you mate, was thinking of you when we nicked a point up at Blackpool recently, managed a good night out afterwards though 😉.
  • RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:

Stop picking on the Elf. 

He looks up to you.
    And I look up to you mate, was thinking of you when we nicked a point up at Blackpool recently, managed a good night out afterwards though 😉.
    You're easily pleased.
  • Port Vale next match is Reading away on Tuesday. One of their games in hand.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dansk_Red said:
    Port Vale next match is Reading away on Tuesday. One of their games in hand.
    What do you think is the best outcome  ?  A win for PV ?? A draw ?? Reading win  ??

Normally I'd say a draw. Only 2 points "spent" rather than 3. 
  • edited February 19
    Dansk_Red said:
    Port Vale next match is Reading away on Tuesday. One of their games in hand.
    What do you think is the best outcome  ?  A win for PV ?? A draw ?? Reading win  ??

Normally I'd say a draw. Only 2 points "spent" rather than 3. 
    Whoever wins, they need to carry that run on, what we don’t want is teams to be picking up 3 pts here & there.
  • I thought this was an interesting exchange from a PV fan 
  • A draw or reading win.
  • edited February 18
    I thought this was an interesting exchange from a PV fan 
    Kind of how I feel. Think it will be Carlisle/Fleetwood/Port Vale & Shrewsbury. Not including Leaburn we’ve got 26 first team players on the books. Got to think theirs enough in the squad to get across the line. Surely the front 4 we have ‘currently’ has got to be stronger than any of the teams around us.
  • Having not won in 15 games I'd suggest we have problems.
    Portsmouth and Derby will be very difficult to get a win.  March sees 4 aways in 6 games.
    If Jones keeps us up he deserves a massive bonus payment.  Sadly, I cannot see this happening.
  • Under Appleton we stank of relegation.
    Now we don't. 
    We may yet, but I think people can see that Jones will make sure his side doesn't surrender tamely.
    Hopefully the winds of change can pick of some momentum.
  • No one would be that surprised to see us lose to Pompey and Derby. A result or two for those above  us in that time (with some playing games in hand, so 3 matches); would see us with a mountain to climb. 

We are deep in the shit and a draw where we let in 3 v a Bolton side missing it's keeper, best CB and best striker doesn't change that.

We look better, we will hopefully survive but I can't help think fans are getting a bit too carried away. 

Since Apples was sacked we have played 5 games and got 3 points from 3 draws and 2 defeats.

Jones new.manager bounce has seen 2 points from 3 games (this is not a criticism, he seems to be instilling some confidence, but it is a fact).

A sensible dose of realism.