Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

League One Relegation Watch 2024

Comments

• Last win in the league, was November 28th, how many games ago?
    Just put a grand on us at 9/1 for the drop.

Call it a win/win situation.
    But you could lose a grand, and if you hadn't put the bet on you would still have it in May!

Ee oo dares Rodders! 
    He’s dealing in Brazilian Reals so it’s only £158, even that would make Elfs eyes water 😉
  • State of play at the beginning of today: 

Wycombe Wanderers
    29810113539-434
    Shrewsbury Town
    30103172141-2033
    Burton Albion
    3088142539-1432
    Charlton Athletic
    30710134346-331
    Reading
    3098133844-631

Port Vale

Fleetwood Town
    3067173050-2025
    Cheltenham Town
    2865172140-1923
    Carlisle United
    3048182650-2420

Games today:

Reading v Charlton Athletic
    Bristol Rovers v Burton Albion
    Cambridge United v Cheltenham
    Carlisle v Portsmouth
    Derby v Shrewsbury
    Lincoln v Fleetwood
    Port Vale v Stevenage
    Wycombe v Peterborough
  • edited February 10
    Uboat said:
    Last win in the league, was November 28th, how many games ago?

But you could lose a grand, and if you hadn't put the bet on you would still have it in May!

Ee oo dares Rodders! 
    I’m well up against the bookies. Life is shit, so just bet on stuff you don’t want to happen and watch the winnings roll in. 
    Can you do one for Palace to stay up. That's a genuine win, win. 
  • Last win in the league, was November 28th, how many games ago?

Bloody hell, times must be good in Brazil!!
  • Can’t see Carlisle catching us. 
  • Port Vale last minute equaliser and joint on points with us now with 2 games in hand.
  • wmcf123 said:
    We are going down - this feels like a relegation season.  No keeper of quality , no defence and no goal threat .  I evidently qualify that by saying we have Alfie May and he’s scored a lot of goals .  Without CBT to supplement , we’ve had it . 

If this isn’t the case , I will be delighted !
    Spot on, it really does - 3 managers, slow slide down the table with too little done too late to arrest it.

Could be playing Bromley in league games next season.
  • We could do with Stockport, Wrexham, MK Dons and maybe Notts County going up to help us get promotion 
    Burton Albion
    3198142740-1335
    Reading
    31108134044-434
    Shrewsbury Town
    31104172242-2034
    Charlton Athletic
    31710144348-531

Port Vale

Cheltenham Town
    2975172240-1826
    Fleetwood Town
    3167183152-2125
    Carlisle United
    3148192651-2520

Hmm.
  • March looks absolutely massive.. don’t win majority of those then we don’t deserve to be in league 1
  • Sponsored links:

• Port Vale games in hand are away to Reading and home to Fleetwood both being played during February.
  • edited February 11
    Lincoln and Portsmouth at home, Bolton and Derby away this month.

Then March sees 4 away games in 6.

I can very well see us a few points behind the fifth bottom placed club.  You also have Cheltenham having a good spell who could be overtaking us as they have two games in hand.

Things are not looking good.
  • March looks absolutely massive.. don’t win majority of those then we don’t deserve to be in league 1
    No reason we should win the majority.
  • Cheltenham, five points behind but two games in hand AND we have to play them away from home.
  • Cheltenham, five points behind but two games in hand AND we have to play them away from home.
    Might as well call that 2 points then.
  • What's even more ridiculous is that Cheltenham only had 2 points after 12 games this season and didn't score a goal until October.

Since then they've picked up 24 points in 17 games, if they continue that PPG ratio they'll get to 50 points. Their 2 games in hand are away to Burton and Wycombe.
  • Port Vale an OG and an injury time penalty. Jeez..
  • Port Vale an OG and an injury time penalty. Jeez..
    They probably had a shot or cross of note for the og and some sort of attacking intent and purpose for the penalty 
    imagine that for Charlton …. Nah I can’t either 
  • Yesterday was so poor that, for the first time, I am mentally preparing myself for the worst - division 4.
  • I’m convinced if we go down it will be the end of the club. We won’t average over 10,000 attendance. It becomes unsustainable (it already is to an extent). Going down will be a death sentence for the club. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Cheltenham and Fleetwood are the two that concern me...Clarke is doing a good job at making Cheltenham hard to beat. Fleetwood have had a clear out in January moving on a lot of senior players who seem to have been causing trouble.

Port Vale picked up a very good result yesterday, two games in hand and potential for a new manager bounce.

I don't think we can wait for the games in March to start picking up results. We need wins, and we need them fast. 
  • Unless Nathan Jones can get this lot playing asap, I think we are more likely to go down than not at this stage. Dobson being booted out is another nail in the coffin. 

League 2 will be dire but that's not the worst of it as I suspect investors will pull the plug leaving us in administration and anyone half decent being sold off.  Then what happens if we default on the stadium lease?  
  • There’s just no fight in this squad whatsoever. If they can’t get up for it with 3000 fans behind them in a must win then we may aswell play the academy team for the rest of the season
  • mendonca said:
    Where are the goals going to come from? CBT scored a few out the blue. We are zero threat from set pieces. It's Alfie or nothing.
    Individual skill of Aneke whilst he on the pitch for those 10 mins each match.
  • When are Aneke and Leaburn due back? They are our only hope as far as I can see. May isn’t the type of player to score a goal out of nothing. He needs service 
  • I’m convinced if we go down it will be the end of the club. We won’t average over 10,000 attendance. It becomes unsustainable (it already is to an extent). Going down will be a death sentence for the club. 
    This 100%

It isn’t so much about whether or not people agree we will go down (I think we are all aligned now on that)…. It’s more I don’t think some realise quite how serious that will be for the ongoing health of our football club.