Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD : Blackpool Vs Charlton Athletic : Saturday 27th January 2024 : KO 15:00

Comments

• HT 0-0...somehow, we need some serious sorting out second half or another loss will be the result..
  • Bloody hell... How on earth is it still 0-0 @ HT

Baby steps, but well done lads - I'm off for a celebratory glass of water
  • Definitely enjoying the half time on CTV more than the matches these days. 
  • Half time.

how this is 0-0 is beyond me, more a question posed to how Blackpool have managed to cock up in front of goal than how well we're defending
  • Players heading to tunnel don’t look happy.
  • Grim half of football from us…we desperately need someone to come in and sort this out. How we aren’t 3 or 4 goals down is beyond me.. I think Bakinson has done alright, and May busy as usual.. not too many others worth a note… Ness and AMB sadly very poor.. ness has no confidence and a shadow of the player we saw last season.. would like to see Isted start next week. 
  • sam3110 said:
    Ladapo about 4 yards offside there

wondering if the only way he used to score goals is by goal-hanging all game and waiting to be onside sometimes

Ladapo is 30 and last season when Ipswich were tearing teams apart by 3/4 on a regular basis he scored 1 in 3.  He might be ok, but he isn't more than that. Classic over rated by Charlton fans player imo.
    Glad it's only a loan. 
  • Gribbo said:
    What they fiimng this on, Nokia 6750? ffs

• Jayajosh said:
    Players heading to tunnel don’t look happy.
    They know they have to come out for the second half
  • Sponsored links:

• Really disappointed at the moment, naively expected Fleming & Pearce to change more tactically from the Appleton era. 
  • Been poor but at least it’s still 0-0. Must be tempting to take REG off and put Bakinson in that 6 role. Otherwise REG or Dobson are being sent off here 
  • Half time.

We're lucky to be in it still. Shocking at the back unsurprisingly. AMB has lost it.
  • Don't know if we're any better not so far we're luckier...I'll take that! No confidence whatsoever in AMB. Morgan's having a decent game for them, Husband the standout though.
  • Can we bring Shirtliff on as a second half sub?
  • Was it Napoleon who said give me lucky generals?

Well in Curtis Fleming we have got a lucky manager!

We should be 4 or 5 down.

We haven't got a clue how to play this 352..

And I've constantly defended Maynard-Brewer this year. But even I think it is time to pull him out now.
  • Just posting to confirm that I'm not dating @killerandflash
  • Blackpool's number 8 looking good.
  • Jayajosh said:
    Players heading to tunnel don’t look happy.
    They know they have to come out for the second half
    That’s good the know. Perhaps if the bucked their fucking ideas up they might not feel
    so sad, the poor lambs. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Some of our link up play in the middle has been pretty good. Blackpool are fast though and have put us under some pressure. Can't believe they haven't scored, probably more than once. I think sometimes this season, it's felt like we've been a little short of luck. Today it feels like we've had a whole season's worth of luck in 45 minutes.
  • edited January 27
    Don't know what you lot are complaining about. It's halftime and we're not losing, and if there's anything this team are known for it's strong second half showings, especially very late on!
    How, in the name of shit defending have you got 11 promotes!?
  • That half for me confirms this squad needs a general, get in Warnock. 
  • Even if we somehow how go on to keep a clean sheet from here, at least 2 goals should be added to the goals against column just out of principle. 
  • edited January 27
    Was it Napoleon who said give me lucky generals?

Well in Curtis Fleming we have got a lucky manager!

We should be 4 or 5 down.

We haven't got a clue how to play this 352..

And I've constantly defended Maynard-Brewer this year. But even I think it is time to pull him out now.
    Lots of people have, for a long time, even when he has been poor, and personally I’ve never really got it. He was one of these players that was really talked up when he was not even playing in our first team, and our current keeper at the time was doing awfully.

And since then it’s been excuses about not having a settled defence in front of him, still learning his trade etc…

Even when Australia dropped him people were trying to claim it was a for some sort of positive move. 
  • Blackpool's number 8 looking good.
    well thats a first!
  • Some kind of change desperately needed at half time. 
  • ValleyBen said:
    That half for me confirms this squad needs a general, get in Warnock. 
    The general needs to be on the pitch 
  • Leuth said:
    Just posting to confirm that I'm not dating @killerandflash
    Friends with benefits?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!