Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD : Blackpool Vs Charlton Athletic : Saturday 27th January 2024 : KO 15:00

Comments

• Scoham said:

Baby steps. Let's try and hold on for 89 minutes then push for a winner 
  • Shirtliff was in the comms box for our last away win against Wigan...gives us something to hang on too...🙄
  • Nil communication at back. Nil idea up front. Clueless midfield, Bakinson aside. 
    Bonus has been the luck we've had. 
    Fleming's got his work cut out h/t. 
  • Ness and Assimwe need to start talking to each other, too much ball watching.

AMB’s decision making has been poor. 

Would like to see Louis introduced early in the second half.
  • Is Ladapo still not match fit and unable to run or control the ball or just past his best
  • This looks like a team going for promotion versus a team fighting relegation. 

Oh
  • Scoham said:

We’ve been poor, but I expect Fleming has set us up in a way that he knows we won’t look pretty - and at the moment it is somehow working.

Though more through luck.

But if we get through this 0-0 and that gives us the chance to get in a real top quality manager for this level, then its job done even if we look like a dogs dinner doing it.

(personally I think we will lose)
  • Take Ladapo off for another defender I reckon, really drive home the narrative
  • Sponsored links:

• Boring, lucky 0-0 will do me
  • Defending starts with a good reliable GK, AMB is not much better than an average pub side keeper. Has zero comms with the back 3/4. 
    Slow and indecisive distribution. Flat footed and poor positioning in normal play.. Doesn’t come take crosses. 
    Sort that out first and foremost. 

• Teams back out. Lloyd Jones looks to be coming on for Macauley Gillesphey.
  • Rhodes off for the second half,, a plus for us
  • Ness and Assimwe need to start talking to each other, too much ball watching.

AMB’s decision making has been poor. 

Would like to see Louis introduced early in the second half.
    Ladapo looks disappointing so far.

• Back under way. Charlton shooting towards the Armfield Stand, near where the away fans are congregated
  • Rhodes off with a bruised ego
  • Just been having premonitions of added-on time  :sweat_smile:
  • ross1 said:

Teams back out. Lloyd Jones looks to be coming on for Macauley Gillesphey.
    Christ
  • edited January 27
    Oh good. That’s one of our new defenders injured already then. And of course the one who’s actually looked like he has a bit about him. 

Just kill me now. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Jones on for Gillesphey
  • Jones on for Gillesphey?
  • Jones on for Gillesphey
    Bugger!!!

• We're back underway with Shayne Lavery replacing Jordan Rhodes at the half way stage.

• Croydon said:
    Jones on for Gillesphey?
    Unfortunately 
  • Is Ladapo still not match fit and unable to run or control the ball or just past his best
    It'd be the only thing he's past or indeed passed in a match and a half so far
  • Chelts winning 0-1
  • Started off just like we ended the first.

Under pressure.
  • edited January 27
    We really are in the shit.

This is re enforcing in my head that Jones, Neill et al will not save us and that’s if they even accept. We just don’t have it on the pitch.

The only hope we have is good old fashioned Charlton spirit. And only a manager who has experienced that first hand can help us now.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!