Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Burton Albion : Saturday 23rd December 2023 : KO 3:00pm

Comments

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    Shout out to the moany guy behind me in the Covered End Lower, moaning about the "skint twats" running the show, calling the players lazy tossers even when we're winning, and trying to rouse the West Stand and admonishing them for not singing. 

His favourite thing is to shout about how we need a "ball winner" and screams for us to tackle the ball, the second we lose it, and gets upset when Hector isn't making a 70 yard run to slide tackle their fullback. He thinks all this will be fixed by getting rid of "useless" Blackett-Taylor and signing a premier league centre back on loan and playing him in midfield 
    Does this really narrow it down that much 
  • Options
    Can I just say that I hate seeing May play out wide. Wasted.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Shout out to the moany guy behind me in the Covered End Lower, moaning about the "skint twats" running the show, calling the players lazy tossers even when we're winning, and trying to rouse the West Stand and admonishing them for not singing. 

His favourite thing is to shout about how we need a "ball winner" and screams for us to tackle the ball, the second we lose it, and gets upset when Hector isn't making a 70 yard run to slide tackle their fullback. He thinks all this will be fixed by getting rid of "useless" Blackett-Taylor and signing a premier league centre back on loan and playing him in midfield 
    Make him about right..
  • Options
    Can someone wake me when it's over? I mean what the fuck was that. When was the last time Fraser played a killer pass, all tippy tappy five yard passes. Very frustrating player. The rest are all a bit meh. Got to be better second half.
    Also has a tendency to slow things down which is saying something in this slow paced game.
  • Options
    Slow, boring match. A massive lack of energy out there, no midfielders busting a gut, or full backs flying down the wing. 

5 minutes of added time, and AMB switches into mogadon mode.
  • Options
  • Options
    Awful match 
  • Options
    I don’t really understand what people what from Fraser apart from they just want something to moan about. 

He’s playing as a double pivot with Dobson, so most of the time he’s in line with him and as much as done pretty much exactly what Dobson has done, including moving back into the CB position when hector has moved forwards - but don’t see anyone moaning about Dobson contribution. 
    Dobson has at least played some nice long diagonals. Everything Fraser has done has been very simple and he's meant to be the creative one. 
  • Options
    Not brilliant, but we kept the ball which means they couldn't have it, and that's something we haven't always done well against sides lower down the table.

Jones and Hector have been good, Lisbie hailing a "mature" performance from Kanu and I completely agree. A lot of running from Chem but not always a lot of end product. CBT has struggled to get in the game, in part because we're overloading the left side and he's had a hard time isolating his man and running at him.

Keep the ball for 45 more minutes and we win. Wouldn't mind see LW for Chem at some point, I think he would link play through the middle better while Chem tends to drift wide.

Again, keeping the ball and looking for little one twos will be key here. If we do that we're going to play through them at some point. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One of the subs has vanished. Will try to work out who... 
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Louie Watson. He might be coming on. EDIT no he's still there. Uhhhh
  • Options
    B/pool 2-1
  • Options
    Oh it wasn't any of them, sorry. Stand down 
  • Options
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Thomas?
  • Options
    ross1 said:

12,210 is the announced attendance. 156 Burton fans.
    It's the end-of-term Christmas party and everyone's here in fancy dress.

Red plastic bucket seats must be the favoured attire.

6-7,000 here, tops. An awful lot of no-shows if 12,000 is the announced attendance.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I blame the Russian navy
    Jack Ryan will work it out.
  • Options
    Wycombe 1-0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Oh it wasn't any of them, sorry. Stand down 
     Err, missiles already launched..
  • Options

Teams are back out. No changes at the break.
  • Options

46' Back under way against Burton...

• Options
    Reading 2-0
  • Options
    1. 46'

Post update

Attempt blocked. George Dobson (Charlton Athletic) right footed shot from outside the box is blocked.

• Options
    1. 47'

Post update

Foul by Chem Campbell (Charlton Athletic).

2. 47'

Post update

Ryan Sweeney (Burton Albion) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

• Options
    Quick update, Moany Man now "wants the subs on" despite the subs being made up of all the players he said we need to get rid of
  • Options
    They've got us sussed, double up on CBT and May, and we seem lost 
  • Options
    ross1 said:

"D. Cummings" from London has just won £5k from Valley Gold

Is that Izzys brother?
  • Options
    Shrews 1-0
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!