Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Burton Albion : Saturday 23rd December 2023 : KO 3:00pm

Comments

• Options
    Bit of a yawnfest at the moment,  need a rocket up their collective arses.
    2nd half team don't forget...we are 1-0..
    No, we are a 45 min team. Usually a 2nd half team but occasionally, like away to Wigan, we turn up for the 1st half only. We will need at least 2 today to win
    Of course we will...second half will deliver...chill🍺
  • Options

12,210 is the announced attendance. 156 Burton fans.
  • Options
    Pompey 1-0
  • Options
    Pompey with a injury time goal yet again. 
  • Options
    GEORGE I LOVE YOU BUT WHEN YOU SCORED AGAINST CRAY AND I SAID HE'S GONNA SHOOT WITH HIS LEFT EVERY GAME NOW I DIDN'T THINK YOU ACTUALLY WOULD 
  • Options
    Dobson never shoot again. 
  • Options

Dobson has a go from about 30 yards out, drifts wide
  • Options

Five mins added on
  • Options
    Pissed off hearing about bloody Portsmouth...🙄
    Nothing personal Golfie...
  • Options
    Burton are awful and we're doing enough. Got to be one of the most boring Charlton sides I've watched over the years. Sucked the life out of the ground 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Lovely turn from Kanu in the centre circle, drives all the way to the edge of the Burton area but shoots wide
  • Options
    They are starting to run away with it.

They are 9 points ahead of 2nd......and only 2 points between 2nd & 6th.  

We are 9 points off 6th. 
  • Options
    Nice run from Kanu but red mist overcomes him and the shot goes well wide
  • Options
    They are starting to run away with it.

They are 9 points ahead of 2nd......and only 2 points between 2nd & 6th.  

We are 9 points off 6th. 
    Patience, they will hit a bad patch at the same time we will go on a winning run  :)
  • Options
    1. George Dobson (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick on the left wing.

2. 45'+2'

Post update

Foul by Joe Powell (Burton Albion).

• Options
    HT 1-0
  • Options
    By the time the 1st half ends in our match other teams will be kicking off their 2nd 45. 
  • Options
    Anyone else concerned about Fraser?
  • Options
    I mean we're winning so it's a good half, but doesn't really inspire much in terms of performance. We need January. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One shot on target ... terrible
  • Options
    HT 1-0... did just enough, but a very slow half, not helped by Burton sitting very deep and not a lot else, second half and more to come...hopefully, 'cos we will need a second..
  • Options
    XG: 

Charlton 0.47 v 1.03 Burton
  • Options
    Let's be absolutely straight. 

Anything less than 3 points against this lot would be a disaster.

And lead to the players having to come in for a full day's training on Christmas day!
  • Options
    Our midfield puts the lack into lacklustre I’m afraid. 
  • Options
    XG: 

Charlton 0.47 v 1.03 Burton
    About 0.9 of that for Burton is that one chance where it was a mess and xG just judges on how far out the chance was 
  • Options
    Can someone wake me when it's over? I mean what the fuck was that. When was the last time Fraser played a killer pass, all tippy tappy five yard passes. Very frustrating player. The rest are all a bit meh. Got to be better second half.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Another pedestrian uninspiring performance lacking any spark - formation doesn't work but I've been saying that all season. Nice cross from Hector and header from Jones nothing else of note other than too many missed passes and wrong decisions. Meh!
  • Options
    Doing okay at half time. Lots of possession and some good attacks. Still could do with more movement when we have the ball. Kanu, May, cBT and Chem have moments. Dobbo is running midfield and Jones and Hector look solid. Full backs could be doing better. I don't think we need to change anything but expect TC and Tedic to get half an hour for DK and Chem. Another goal would be nice...COYA!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!