Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Burton Albion : Saturday 23rd December 2023 : KO 3:00pm

Ho Ho Ho one and all, today we entertain Burton Albion at The Valley of Dreams...
Hopefully we have all got the pressie stuff sorted, and are ready for a entertaining game against a Burton team hovering just above the bottom three, having lost the last five in a row in the league, and will be led by Caretaker Manager Gary Mills this weekend...sounds like a winnable game, and a chance to extend our own unbeaten run to seven, certainly one we NEED TO WIN...but how many times have we said that this season....🙄
We have an ok record against Burton with three wins and a draw from the last five encounters, and feel that if we are unable to take all three points today, it would be another game gone and we will see ourselves slip even further behind in our attempt to reach the play offs...

So, are we going to go for Burton...or going for a Burton...We will win, there you are i've done it now...

Here we go...

Team sheet later...maybe...sorry hopeless bloody OS...😫

Eventually and hour late...

Lloyd Jones and Daniel Kanu return to the starting line-up for today’s game against Burton Albion at The Valley.

Jones missed two games with a minor quad injury, while Kanu has impressed from the substitutes bench since returning from a fruitful loan spell with Southend United. Terell Thomas and Boban Tedić move to the bench and Karoy Anderson also returns to the matchday squad.

There is also a place on the bench for Nathan Asiimwe, who signed a multi-year contract with the club this morning

The Addicks, unbeaten in six league matches, are expected to line-up in a 4-2-3-1 formation with Tennai Watson, Michael Hector, Jones and Tayo Edun starting in a back four in front of Ashley Maynard-Brewer.

Skipper George Dobson partners Scott Fraser in midfield with Alfie May, Chem Campbell and Corey Blackett-Taylor expected to operate behind Kanu.

Asiimwe, Thomas and Tedić are joined on the bench by Sam Walker, Karoy Anderson, Louie Watson and Tyreece Campbell.

Charlton: Maynard-Brewer; T.Watson, Hector, Jones, Edun; Dobson (c), Fraser; May, C.Campbell, Blackett-Taylor; Kanu

Subs: Walker, Asiimwe, Thomas, L.Watson, Anderson, T.Campbell, Tedić

Comments

• Options
    Jones starts.
  • Options
    Scrutiny on the midfield three today
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Even more on our leaky defence. 
  • Options
    ozaddick said:
    Leuth said:
    Defence starts in midfield. 
  • Options
    Good line up that and glad Kanu starts hopefully he can get a run of games 
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    But the midfield 3 won't be providing much of a defensive shield to help our leaky defence. Nice to see Kanu start though.
  • Options
    Happy to see Kanu start, Jones too, but want to see more from Fraser. 
  • Options
    Surprised to see Baah on the bench for Burton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’d have thought Burton’s Powell, Bennett and Hughes were over the hill.
  • Options
    no Stockton .. as said Kanu starts .. GOOD .. come on youse Addicksssaaah  :D
  • Options
    Don't they all look Ho Ho Ho in their Christmas Jumpers, good to see Lucky Lisbie back in the studio in place of Curbs who is on another Hol in Mexico...
  • Options
    no Stockton .. as said Kanu starts .. GOOD .. come on youse Addicksssaaah  :D
    Part of our transfer agreement...🤔
  • Options
    no Stockton .. 
    He couldn't due to the terms of his transfer, which will be unveiled against Oxford on NYD 😄
  • Options

'Twas the day before (the day before), Christmas and all through The Valley,
    Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.

And not likely to either because anyone here will be bored shitless by the dross on show.

Wow, Burton Albion at home ... Merry Christmas fellow masochists.
    Could be a lot worse - the hell on earth that is Bluewater springs to mind.
  • Options
    I assume it'll be Kanu on his own with May and CBT wide?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ozaddick said:
    Leuth said:
    Starting to think lately that, although the defenders needs to improve, they could look a lot better if they were getting enough midfield protection.
  • Options
    It’ll be interesting to see Fraser bouncing off Oshilaja. 
  • Options
    Might end up making their Manager look a bit sheepish
    Ewe would say that!
  • Options
    ozaddick said:
    Leuth said:
    Starting to think lately that, although the defenders needs to improve, they could look a lot better if they were getting enough midfield protection.
    I've been saying this for months. I think we can upgrade at FB or at least create more competition for places. But the midfield doesn't shield the defense well enough and sometimes give the ball away on areas where a transition and counter is easy. 
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    ozaddick said:
    Leuth said:
    I've been saying this for months. I think we can upgrade at FB or at least create more competition for places. But the midfield doesn't shield the defense well enough and sometimes give the ball away on areas where a transition and counter is easy. 
    Me too. We’ve been weak in midfield since Cullen and Gallagher left. 
  • Options
    Apologies in advance for our defeat to Burton today. I've got us to win in my accumulator.
  • Options
    Was a question mark with injury, hamstring I believe. Suspect that's why. Decent player. 
  • Options
    Think you’ll find he’ll be sitting on something higher off the ground. A Baah stool, for example.
  • Options
    Apologies in advance for our defeat to Burton today. I've got us to win in my accumulator.
    Why? Why would you do that to yourself?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!