Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Burton Albion : Saturday 23rd December 2023 : KO 3:00pm

Comments

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    SDAddick said:
    ozaddick said:
    Leuth said:
    Scrutiny on the midfield three today
    Even more on our leaky defence. 
    Starting to think lately that, although the defenders needs to improve, they could look a lot better if they were getting enough midfield protection.
    I've been saying this for months. I think we can upgrade at FB or at least create more competition for places. But the midfield doesn't shield the defense well enough and sometimes give the ball away on areas where a transition and counter is easy. 
    Me too. We’ve been weak in midfield since Cullen and Gallagher left. 
    Apart from a nice spell with Kins and Stuart we've been weak in midield since Peake and Gritt!
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    SDAddick said:
    ozaddick said:
    Leuth said:
    Starting to think lately that, although the defenders needs to improve, they could look a lot better if they were getting enough midfield protection.
    I've been saying this for months. I think we can upgrade at FB or at least create more competition for places. But the midfield doesn't shield the defense well enough and sometimes give the ball away on areas where a transition and counter is easy. 
    Apart from a nice spell with Kins and Stuart we've been weak in midield since Peake and Gritt!
    Parker, Holland, Murphy and Smertin.  Not forgetting them!
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    SDAddick said:
    ozaddick said:
    Leuth said:
    Parker, Holland, Murphy and Smertin.  Not forgetting them!
    Murphy will deny all knowledge of having played for us.
  • Options
    Poor crowd..

• Options
    Moon Walker on the bench for Burton
  • Options
    Now giggling at Henry Molyneux boogieing on down at the Extra Time club Christmas party
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Apologies in advance for our defeat to Burton today. I've got us to win in my accumulator.
    Why? Why would you do that to yourself?
    Not just that, think of everyone whose afternoon the selfish sod has now ruined.
  • Options
    Thanks for starting these threads off @eastterrace6168

merry Xmas to all you Matchday thread regulars from a breezy and sparse Valley. 

Up the Addicks
  • Options
    Did Louie Watson tell Apples he’s a league one Alan Pardew or something.  Yet again, Fraser the flake gets a start
  • Options
    Poor crowd..

Will get worse if we have a poor transfer window and the remote chance of the play offs drifts further out of view.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No idea why the Jimmy Seed Stand has been opened today, the club could have put an extra half dozen seats by the oppo bench and all the Burton lot could sit together, players and fans.
  • Options

Pitch is looking a bit patchy, think there’s been a fair bit of rain on it over the last few weeks #cafc

• Options
    I'll be late arriving, so have asked Appleton to make sure we start slowly, with lots of tedious passing across the back 4 until I arrive, and no shots on goal.

So nothing they're not used to.

• Options
    Three minutres to 3pm, only about 5 minutes to kick off  :)
  • Options
    Youtube stream's finished early today, so I'll wish you all luck and see you in the post match thread.
  • Options
    I'll be late arriving, so have asked Appleton to make sure we start slowly, with lots of tedious passing across the back 4 until I arrive, and no shots on goal.

So nothing they're not used to.

So you ain't planning on arriving till the last 10 minutes...🙄
  • Options
    Those Christmas jumpers represent.everything that's wrong with our club. 
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Bah Humbug Grumps...🎅🎅🎅
  • Options
    Dobbo and May seem to be very sweet with the mascots 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    May, Blackett-Taylor & Dobbo all fantastic with the little mascot before kit off. Nice to see!
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Dobbo and May seem to be very sweet with the mascots 
    Yeah that was lovely to see with Dobbo and the little girl
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    KO 3.04pm

🤬
  • Options

• Options
    20 secs gone still 0-0...
  • Options
    I was wrong when saying we would kick off 2 minutes late, worse
  • Options
    My son had one on yesterday when we went down to see my parents. I thought he was wearing it for a bet 😄
  • Options
    Bolton 1-0
  • Options
    Bolton 1-0 against our next opponents.
  • Options
    Barnsley 0 S/nage 1
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!