Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD [+POST p11]: Reading vs Charlton Athletic: B.S.M Trophy: Wed 6th Dec 2023 | KO 19.00

Comments

• Just throwing this out there. . . But surely after the last 3 games Campbell has to come out of the squad. He has to put Chem or Kirk in for Saturday or it’s just madness 
  • @Foxycafc we can do without the c-bombs, ta.
  • A reminder that Reading in their last 2 league games beat Carlisle 5-1 and Wycombe 2-1, which is a better analysis of their ability than the Eastleigh performance.
  • Tough end of year now with squad a bit depleted of some key players. I am concerned how fragile we are. Sure Scott said those days were over when Appleton was appointed. I wonder if he has the changing room? If we don't beat Cambridge on Saturday I fear the worse. Personally I haven't taken to Appleton. Just don't feel he is going to progress us. I don't think we have the owners to either so a bit depressing really. 
  • I'm never buying a car from Bristol Street Motors again. 
    Select Car Leasing will get your business instead?
  • aliwibble said:
    @Foxycafc we can do without the c-bombs, ta.
    agreed i have ©️ over the c-bomb 
  • Foxycafc said:
    Who was that Class A surgical grade c*** screaming at Appleton 5 inches from his face calling him toilet. No fucking respect and put the players off coming to see the fans, Fraser had to come over ans sort him. Coked up jaw swinging c*** screaming at 17 year olds making the travelling fans look bad. Littleuns around him and all. Needs banning the disrespectful wanker. 
    I'd have had Appleton on my soldiers doing a lap of honour 
    I was about to say, well at least you'd be happy at the result. :)
  • edited December 2023
  • Sponsored links:

• Just got in and read the whole thread. 

My only comment is someone post that the goalie made a reflex save from a 30 yard shot. 
    How is that even possible….?
  • jbaker said:
    Just throwing this out there. . . But surely after the last 3 games Campbell has to come out of the squad. He has to put Chem or Kirk in for Saturday or it’s just madness 
    May will be playing wide right.
  • A reminder that Reading in their last 2 league games beat Carlisle 5-1 and Wycombe 2-1, which is a better analysis of their ability than the Eastleigh performance.
    There’s not anyone we’ve lost to ever who haven’t done/beaten whoever and are in a bit of form , so unfair … will we ever play anyone that’s just shit 
    There’s not anyone we’ve lost to ever who haven’t done/beaten whoever and are in a bit of form , so unfair … will we ever play anyone that’s just shit 
    Yeah we play those teams and can’t beat them either
    Saturday was an appalling performance, for which the players deserve all the criticism they got. Ditto the Cray Valley first leg.

Tonight wasn't. 
  • KettsJohn said:
    Tough end of year now with squad a bit depleted of some key players. I am concerned how fragile we are. Sure Scott said those days were over when Appleton was appointed. I wonder if he has the changing room? If we don't beat Cambridge on Saturday I fear the worse. Personally I haven't taken to Appleton. Just don't feel he is going to progress us. I don't think we have the owners to either so a bit depressing really. 
    Yeah & methven said the new owners were determined to build a squad capable of challenging for promotion.

Talk Talk Talk
  • Sort of cheered up, noticed the score from Nigel Central...
  • Good run out for some of the academy players. Bit crazy at the end. Shame we lost, but can now concentrate on promotion 😉
    Need to up our game for any chance of that 
  • Sponsored links:

• In hindsight, I wonder if the complete absence from the 18 of Tedic, Ness and Ched Campbell means that Appleton has seen enough to make his mind up and has decided to move forward without them (and Kirk).
  • Foxycafc said:
    At least I’ve got to meet and have a nice long chat with Headphones Norm. Real solid guy, Charlton legend. Don’t know if he’s on here
    To his friends he is Norman.

Nothing else.  True man that’s been going for decades. 
  • In hindsight, I wonder if the complete absence from the 18 of Tedic, Ness and Ched Campbell means that Appleton has seen enough to make his mind up and has decided to move forward without them (and Kirk).
    saving them for Saturday
    Ness had a knee injury apparently mate but you’re probably not far wrong if you add Abankwah to the list.
  • Out of 2 cups in 5 days I proper hate my football club atm 
  • Out of 2 cups in 5 days I proper hate my football club atm 
    By two poor teams as well