Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD (+POSTp22): Gillingham vs Charlton Athletic: FA CupšŸ†(2): Sat 2nd Dec 2023 | KO 3.00PM

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2023
    Awful no bottle or heart.Ā 

Appleton knows a lot of these are not good enough. Ā I just hope he can get them out and replace with players he wants.Ā 
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    My next birthday is my 60th and my knees have gone but I was thinking watching that, that I couldn't have done any worse. Mind you, as you say a mannequin couldn't either so not such a great claim on my part! Personally, I think Kanu needs to start with May.
  • Options
    ValleyBen said:
    Finally home & getting warm, pathetic display, no ability but worse of all no desire, absolute bottle job by our team, cowards other then Dobson, May & Jones who had poor games but at least put in the effort.

It was humiliating being there today.

Congratulations to Tedic for taking Kirks top spot as the worst performance by any Charlton player this season, would have been more effective to have had a mannequin on wheels then him up top.Ā 

I am a mug though, as will still be there Saturday cheering on this team of weaklings.Ā 
    If you were a real mug youā€™d be there on Wednesday too.
  • Options
    I wonder if Andy Scott has to report to anyone?Ā 

He certainly talks the talk, but in all reality we are as fragile as ever.Ā  He says he likes what Appleton does on the grass, maybe it's Scott himself who should be out on his arse.
    I know little of our owners, but I do expect it interests them how their investment is doing and that they'd want to hold those responsible to account. They've appointed a management team who can't shift the blame onto the fans. That said, I doubt inept cup performances will prompt them to make significant changes.Ā 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WorstĀ ever display I have ever seen was the 5-0 defeat at Watford a few years ago.

If anyone there today was also at that Watford game, interested to know which they thought was worse.
    Ā 
    Watford was miles worse.Ā 
  • Options
    Thought it telling that the only real noise from our 1600 faithful was to boo a lot and sing "We're fucking shiiiiit." with much gusto. That sums up the afternoon.Ā 
  • Options
    Melrose said:
    We've become a laughing stock, Uber for Appleton and the two bob chancers who are supposed to be running this club.
    What have they done wrong? We havenā€™t gone backwards under them, if you cast your mind back to last December and getting dumped out by Stockportā€¦
    Well we certainly haven't gone forwards!!
    Yeah expected that response.

When the club has been on its knees for a decade, it takes longer than 12 months to sort.

When youā€™re ill, you donā€™t get better as soon as you take your first dose of antibiotics.

Got a LOL on this from Airman which is concerning... I assume it's due to the analogy I made comparing the new ownership structure to medicine. Which is fine - I understand that there's enough reason to be cynical.
  • Options
    More than a query than an observation but surely an inspirational skipper would motivate this lot. Ā I cannt imagine Benny Fenton putting up with this sort of rubbish. Ā Just watch for Gillingham to draw Manchester City at home in the 3rd round.

Bangladesh gave the Black Caps a hammering in the First Test at Sylhet yesterday so itā€™s not all bad.

• Options
    Croydon said:
    The spine of our team is made up of youngsters who should be plying their trade out in lower leagues.

AMB, Ness, Aswimwe and Campbell shouldn't be anywhere near our starting 11 but have become stalwarts this season.
    I agree (although Ness hadnā€™t played much, so isnā€™t a stalwart).Ā 

Iā€™m probably the luckiest Charlton fan today, because I fell asleep when we went one down, and woke up on the 85th minute.Ā 
    Reading this thread has been a bit of an eye opener. Clearly weā€™re STILL lacking that dynamic, physical midfielder, as weā€™re still very lightweight. We havenā€™t had one since Pratley.
    Vital that we acquire a proper centre back and a new striker. I havenā€™t given up on CBT yet, but have never really rated Tyreece tbh.
    Very worried for Miles.Ā 
    Very sorry for Ness who shone so brightly before his injury.Ā 
  • Options
    Just go home and fucking freezing.Ā 

That was as shit a performance as I've seen for ..........about 4 weeks.Ā 

We have a serious problem with players who don't giveĀ  a fuck.
    Half of today's players hardly broke sweat.Ā 

Scott and Methven can give as many fancy speeches as they like but Until they give us the players we need I shall continue to believe they are a pair of chancers.Ā 

Deliver in January or fuck off.
    Been saying that for months mate

They wont step.up.and we know it. Today was the first time I have hid my coloursL. it was embarrassing...you should have stayed and watched the 2nd half it was worse.
  • Options
    We are missing a couple of nasty niggly put the foot in type playersā€¦.if I were playing would have gone right over the ball into Bonne the cnutā€¦canā€™t stand that fcukerā€¦.CBT, Campbell, Asiimwe, Fraser are all Bottle jobs
  • Options
    Just watched the BBC highlights. What is this Jillynum of which the commentator speaks?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Special praise to those Charlton fans who have a seat and continual to stand in the walk ways that are supposed to be kept clear for emergency reasons.

If I had a pound for hearing the word cxxt today I would be a millionaire.

You spend more time singing crap songs about the opposition and its players.

Bugger of and support a club more akin to your behaviour.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Gah.....could only listen to the first minute or so.

You're the fucking manager ffs ! You should have changed it up a lot sooner. Change tactics. Put your fucking No 9 up front instead of out on the wing.Ā 

Sounds like we were playing a team a League or two above us rather than one below us.

Just like the losers before him he has no clue & no fire in his belly.Ā 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Gillingham clearly wanted it more than us. Fought for every ball. Not too down. What we need to do is stay in range and then replace some of the weak players we have in January (I don'y just mean physically but mentally too). Also some young players needs loan. Ness is so mistake ridden it cannot be ignored.
    Problem is I don't trust Scott to replace them with anyone better and for Appleton to then get them playing as a team.Ā 
    Christ, weā€™re not going to start calling for yet another manager sacking are we?? Is that what people want?
    Nope. Didnt say I wanted him sacked. Just that imo he's not good enough. But then most of the managers we've had over the past few years haven't been either.Ā 
  • Options
    WorstĀ ever display I have ever seen was the 5-0 defeat at Watford a few years ago.

If anyone there today was also at that Watford game, interested to know which they thought was worse.
    Ā 
    To be fair I went to the 6-0 Hull game in a fancy dress laundry basket, in a nod the the team manager alledgedly leaving the previous away ground in a laundry basket to escape the fans. When our most sang chant was "We're the Charlton, the mighty Charlton, we never win away." That was definately a low point.

Was today as bad, no, we've been on an OK run. Sadly as others have said, they are almost immune to the disappointment of such dross performances. The gate on Tuesday night should tell the new owners all they need to know. There were more at Gills today than at the Valley. If that statistic (made up or otherwise) doesn't make them smell the stale coffee, the crap on the pitch never will.

Were getting feck all for Christmas from this lot, so may January be a new beginning.

Felt for Alfie today. He cares and was so pissed at the others before half time that he gave both CBT and Dobbo an earful during the drinks break.

Mickey Apples has got his work cut out. No one player can be excused today.Ā 
  • Options
    Same shit on a different dayĀ 
    unfortunately we are are like most things in the Uk, shit and of poor quality šŸ‘ŽšŸ‘ŽšŸ‘ŽšŸ‘Ž
  • Options
    edited December 2023

Ā 
    To be fair I went to the 6-0 Hull game in a fancy dress laundry basket, in a nod the the team manager alledgedly leaving the previous away ground in a laundry basket to escape the fans. When our most sang chant was "We're the Charlton, the mighty Charlton, we never win away." That was definately a low point.

Was today as bad, no, we've been on an OK run. Sadly as others have said, they are almost immune to the disappointment of such dross performances. The gate on Tuesday night should tell the new owners all they need to know. There were more at Gills today than at the Valley. If that statistic (made up or otherwise) doesn't make them smell the stale coffee, the crap on the pitch never will.

Were getting feck all for Christmas from this lot, so may January be a new beginning.

Felt for Alfie today. He cares and was so pissed at the others before half time that he gave both CBT and Dobbo an earful during the drinks break.

Mickey Apples has got his work cut out. No one player can be excused today.Ā 
    May shows us what Dobson should be doing as captain, but never seems to
  • Options
    YepJamesSeed said:
    Gillingham clearly wanted it more than us. Fought for every ball. Not too down. What we need to do is stay in range and then replace some of the weak players we have in January (I don'y just mean physically but mentally too). Also some young players needs loan. Ness is so mistake ridden it cannot be ignored.
    Problem is I don't trust Scott to replace them with anyone better and for Appleton to then get them playing as a team.Ā 
    Christ, weā€™re not going to start calling for yet another manager sacking are we?? Is that what people want?
    Yep andget rid of Scott
  • Options
    11 Charlie Kirks on the pitch today. Not good enough.Ā