Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD (+POSTp22): Gillingham vs Charlton Athletic: FA Cup🏆(2): Sat 2nd Dec 2023 | KO 3.00PM

Comments

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Gillingham clearly wanted it more than us. Fought for every ball. Not too down. What we need to do is stay in range and then replace some of the weak players we have in January (I don'y just mean physically but mentally too). Also some young players needs loan. Ness is so mistake ridden it cannot be ignored.
    Problem is I don't trust Scott to replace them with anyone better and for Appleton to then get them playing as a team. 
    Christ, we’re not going to start calling for yet another manager sacking are we?? Is that what people want?

Curbs 16/1...đŸ€”
  • Options
    Quoting not working-

That was very Colchester away under Fraeye

Embarrassing. No positives, not even a man of the match. I can promise I put in more effort at parkrun this morning - and these guys earn ÂŁ1k+ per week.

Was bloody cold as well 🙁
  • Options
    I blame it on this bloody Black kit, they can't see each other in the gloom...
    First thing they shiukd do is to back to playing in Red when there is no clash of colours.

Pricks.
    Boring!! You suffer from night blindness. Just accept that others suffer from colour blindness. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Worst ever display I have ever seen was the 5-0 defeat at Watford a few years ago.

If anyone there today was also at that Watford game, interested to know which they thought was worse.

• Options
    Over rated youngsters 
    who we going to loan them out to
    cray valley paper mills 
  • Options
    Horrible performance, had to sit in the home end and endure a shit performance with home fans absolutely shocked how bad we was. Embarrassing. 

No excuses we was out played could have been 4-0.
  • Options
    I won't swear but the type of player required in January begins with C. Yes they need to be able to kick a ball but they also need to be a C. One needed in midfield, One needed up front and one needed in central defence. Then see where that gets us. In December we have to pick up enough points to stay in touch.
    Thought we have enough C*&£# as it is 🙂 but yeah I agree.
    As others have observed, Steel might be a better word but we have soft experienced players and youngsters who may have to learn to be hard. The experienced ones we need to ship out. I also cringe when I see Ness on the teamsheet and that change to the side didn't help. Don't want to blame a young lad when others deserve blame also but he is a good prospect as we saw last year who needs a loan and to be nowhere near the team at this time.
  • Options
    Worst ever display I have ever seen was the 5-0 defeat at Watford a few years ago.

If anyone there today was also at that Watford game, interested to know which they thought was worse.

I remember us having chances before they scored. JBG went close a couple of times. So probably this one.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    The expectations of this club have fallen off a cliff. Too many going through the motions. We won’t achieve anything while that exists. The size and pedigree of this club, there is no way we should be accepting being this shit. Bumbling around in the third division year on year and giving spineless performances in the FA Cup (twice this season) 
    Appleton needs to make that abundantly clear. 
    I agree but disagree. The first thing to do is accept that we are shit then go about improving year by year to be less shit. The first way to go about this is to stop changing managers every season and do the business early in the summer transfer window.
    I love this analogy.  As we become less shit, or perhaps a no shit side, we will inevitably go through phases of being a shart side, and onwards and upwards to a skid mark team through the fart stages (both wet and dry), rumbling guts and finally

to the promised land of no shit.  My only concern is how long does that actually take?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "Manage the message"?

Game of hangman anyone?

C  __  __  T  __

Charlton Life are Train Spotters?
  • Options
    A totally pathetic display. Offered nothing and second half Gillingham had so little to do to see it out. 
  • Options
    I say be nice and forgive the players.

Unless Gillingham draw one of the big five in which case we should force them to read out loud in one sitting Tender is The Night by F Scott Fitzgerald.
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic 
 Disappointing fans since 1905
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    I blame it on this bloody Black kit, they can't see each other in the gloom...
    First thing they shiukd do is to back to playing in Red when there is no clash of colours.

Pricks.
    Boring!! You suffer from night blindness. Just accept that others suffer from colour blindness. 
    The colour blindness has never been put as a reason by the club. Its more likely to have been the deal the club put together with Castore/Sponsors that the other 2 kits have to be worn a certain number of times a season. 

Whatever the reason its shit we keeping changing 
    Why we should be wearing red at all costs:

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2005/may/19/research.science1
  • Options
    Finally home & getting warm, pathetic display, no ability but worse of all no desire, absolute bottle job by our team, cowards other then Dobson, May & Jones who had poor games but at least put in the effort.

It was humiliating being there today.

Congratulations to Tedic for taking Kirks top spot as the worst performance by any Charlton player this season, would have been more effective to have had a mannequin on wheels then him up top. 

I am a mug though, as will still be there Saturday cheering on this team of weaklings.