Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cheltenham Attendance

Comments

• Options
    Hal1x said:
    I cant see 287 in the away end.

It appears that the picture looks like it was taken well before kick-off a truer reflection of the away following can be seen in the highlights below.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6wG_MN3CRs&t=36s
  • Options
    Admittedly 10 minutes before KO but a ghost town feel.

• Options
    msomerton said:
    Down to the die hards and a few overseas visitors
    To London. Though I guessed a crowd of 9000.
    Think 6000 to low a number.
    The fame last night is nit selling Charlton to any one but us fools.
    Eh ? 
  • Options
    Hal1x said:

Thats not during the game though … 
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    Eh ? 
    Swap two letters for f and i
  • Options
    It would be interesting to find out, even on here, what regulars didn't attend last night. I have a season ticket and on Saturday evening I was intending to go. I think most people look at the positives and negatives, my negatives were Temperatures dropping, Cheltenham, not getting home till gone midnight, chance the trains or negotiate the M2, then picking up a nasty cold probably convinced me to stay in the warm and pay a tenner for the stream. The positives ? i'll get back to you on that one. Personally I think we still play far too much football in this country and with international breaks causing Saturday postponements creating more winters evening games its actually getting worse. I would rather we extend the season till the end of May and play the postponed games from the end of March onwards, might not suit everyone but it would be easier on the players and easier on the supporters.  
  • Options
    SamB09 said:
    msomerton said:
    Eh ? 
    Swap two letters for f and i
    What is this, some sort of puzzle ? 
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    It would be interesting to find out, even on here, what regulars didn't attend last night. I have a season ticket and on Saturday evening I was intending to go. I think most people look at the positives and negatives, my negatives were Temperatures dropping, Cheltenham, not getting home till gone midnight, chance the trains or negotiate the M2, then picking up a nasty cold probably convinced me to stay in the warm and pay a tenner for the stream. The positives ? i'll get back to you on that one. Personally I think we still play far too much football in this country and with international breaks causing Saturday postponements creating more winters evening games its actually getting worse. I would rather we extend the season till the end of May and play the postponed games from the end of March onwards, might not suit everyone but it would be easier on the players and easier on the supporters.  
    Imagine not going to watch a winter sport in case you might pick up a cold ?
  • Options
    clive said:
    Hal1x said:

It appears that the picture looks like it was taken well before kick-off a truer reflection of the away following can be seen in the highlights below.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6wG_MN3CRs&t=36s
  • Options
    Uk fans can watch midweek games on Charlton TV ? I wonder how many watched it on Charlton TV
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bailey said:
    It would be interesting to find out, even on here, what regulars didn't attend last night.
    Purely financial for me. Even though i'm over 65 the evening will cost me nearly £30. Just not worth it imo.

• Options
    edited November 2023
    If we keep singing that god awful, shit, shit, awful Alfie May song, I'm not going anymore and there can be one less
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Didn’t attend this game for personal reasons, but when I buy my season ticket I never have any intention to do all 23 games. Just happened to be one of the 5 or 6 home matches that I will miss this season
  • Options
    Virtually impossible for us to get to mid-week games - so that's three STs that were presumably included in the official attendance figure with the seats empty.
  • Options
    No surprise it was so low. We haven't had a big game since the championship season to look forward to. Just been endless crap
  • Options
    Not a hope of promotion - no chance of relegation.

Just a reasonably competent mid-table team. Nothing to fight for.

Boring boring boring....

Bought the stream during the day but only bothered watching from half time.
  • Options
    What's been our lowest attendance for a home league game since the prem days (not counting the COVID era of course)? Was Tuesdays game a contender?
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    CAFCTrev said:
    What's been our lowest attendance for a home league game since the prem days (not counting the COVID era of course)? Was Tuesdays game a contender?
    8810 v Fleetwood August 2018 - A Saturday afternoon fixture 

8807 v MK Dons February 2022 - A Tuesday night game (This was at a stage until the end of the season when the club gave out the actual amount of people that entered the ground after before this when freebies were pushed through local residents letter boxes and on shop counters in the local mini market on the Plumstead Road) 
  • Options
    Bailey said:

My coughing and weezing is irrelevant to the overall attendance figure. Unless you are quite happy to see a Valley with less than a quarter full. There are good reasons why people don't attend night games at the Valley in the middle of winter but if you have a chance to increase that attendance by shifting these games to later in the season then take it. Just to take up your point on worrying about illness in these winter games, it may well be worth looking at our latest injury to Miles Leaburn. Strains, tears and pulls are more likely to happen when the temperature plummets and the fact that we are playing two games a week is something else that adds to that risk.   

• Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    This is exactly what the EFL want by allowing streaming for midweek, more and more will give cold nights a miss and the crowds will continue to decline.

Charlton have made the issue even worse by enhancing their own coverage.

As a club we really should be looking at how we can get them local teenagers who were there last night back, but paying to get in and adding to those of us still going.
    Puzzled that  you think the EFL want this? Genuine question
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hal1x said:

There's barely 60 in that shot
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    Eh ? ⁹
    Should read the game last night is not selling Charlton to any one but us fools.

• Options
    I know it’s our club and, we in certain times are happy to get three points no matter how they come. However, it’s also an entertainment business and are we entertaining ?  Not very often over last couple seasons.

Add in bloody cold night and can watch on a stream at home = 6500 in ground.  

• Options
    Bailey said:
    A nasty cold  :#
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    Bailey said:

My coughing and weezing is irrelevant to the overall attendance figure. Unless you are quite happy to see a Valley with less than a quarter full. There are good reasons why people don't attend night games at the Valley in the middle of winter but if you have a chance to increase that attendance by shifting these games to later in the season then take it. Just to take up your point on worrying about illness in these winter games, it may well be worth looking at our latest injury to Miles Leaburn. Strains, tears and pulls are more likely to happen when the temperature plummets and the fact that we are playing two games a week is something else that adds to that risk.   

Better cancel the whole Scottish season then if players can’t play in the cold and fans can’t watch in the cold! 
  • Options
    Hal1x said:

The rest of 'em were outside being interviewed by @Braziliance for his video..🤷‍♂️
    Excellent 😂 

@GetYerCoreyOut said on Instagram that Leeds would have taken more fans to the Braziliance interview which also gave me a good chuckle 

They were a good lot the Cheltenham fans, really grounded and merry bunch 
  • Options
    Was there, will always be there for league games regardless - will pick and choose my cup games until things are sorted out and they r no longer used as reserve games 
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    This is exactly what the EFL want by allowing streaming for midweek, more and more will give cold nights a miss and the crowds will continue to decline.

Charlton have made the issue even worse by enhancing their own coverage.

As a club we really should be looking at how we can get them local teenagers who were there last night back, but paying to get in and adding to those of us still going.
    Puzzled that  you think the EFL want this? Genuine question
    They have allowed streaming to occur in the UK for midweek matches. Once you allow this it is obvious in the bottom 2 leagues the crowds will drop off and this will continue a lot more into the future.