Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cheltenham Attendance

the club have not included the attendance figures in their match report, anyone happen to know the official numbers please.

Comments

• Options
    I’d say less than that Clive, and that’s even accounting for quite a few freebie groups 
  • Options
    thanks Clive
  • Options
    I’d say less than that Clive, and that’s even accounting for quite a few freebie groups 

Yes, loads of groups of yoof in the Curbs Stand 
  • Options
    you are of course correct but I use the "Official" ones, can't have reality getting in the way of an official stat :smiley:
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    What is usual for midweek. That seemed very low yesterday. I know it was cold but any other reason? 
    I am bringing 8 colleagues to the next midweek home game and if it is the same none of them will ever come back again.. 😂
  • Options
    6 - 6.5k looked about right for last night's attendance
    It wasn't so cold really, certainly not below freezing
    I think the availability of legal streaming for non-Saturday games is beginning to bite.
    Compared to travel costs for many, £10 is a no brainer.  That's not even 2 return fares to Dartford on the train.
    Whether or not the expanded CPZ restrictions have been imposed yet I also think the perception that parking's going to be a nightmare will be taking chunks out of the midweek evening crowd.  That's certainly common enough among my cohort
  • Options
    This is exactly what the EFL want by allowing streaming for midweek, more and more will give cold nights a miss and the crowds will continue to decline.

Charlton have made the issue even worse by enhancing their own coverage.

As a club we really should be looking at how we can get them local teenagers who were there last night back, but paying to get in and adding to those of us still going.
  • Options
    It was a cold and very depressing experience last night. One for the die hards, I doubt any first timers from last night will come back
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    This is exactly what the EFL want by allowing streaming for midweek, more and more will give cold nights a miss and the crowds will continue to decline.

Charlton have made the issue even worse by enhancing their own coverage.

As a club we really should be looking at how we can get them local teenagers who were there last night back, but paying to get in and adding to those of us still going.
    Not rocket science - reduce the ticket price.

Season tickets and per match tickets are simply too expensive relative to alternate spend when people are facing choices - the product cannot justify it.
    You couldnt give them away last night.  I love a midweek game under the valley lights, but 90% of my group with ST's stayed at home.
  • Options
    Down to the die hards and a few overseas visitors
    To London. Though I guessed a crowd of 9000.
    Think 6000 to low a number.
    The fame last night is nit selling Charlton to any one but us fools.
  • Options
    10,623 according to Sky
  • Options
    The main reason attendances are low is because we're a midtable L1 team. Add in a conveyor belt of managers meaning there's no connection to fans and fairly uninspiring football why would people show up in their droves? I can't imagine a neutral finding Charlton an attractive option
  • Options
    Plus as much as I love The Valley the matchday experience in itself isn't great. Beer is better but the food isn't great and neither is the service. Then of course small attendance = poor atmosphere. 
  • Options
    I'd say the 6,00 is nearer the mark viewing from Curbishley stand
  • Options
    I'd say the 6,00 is nearer the mark viewing from Curbishley stand
  • Options
    Would be interesting to know the streaming figure. Not sure how much that’s detracting or if it’s simply all round apathy as @oohaahmortimer says. 
  • Options
    Would be interesting to know the streaming figure. Not sure how much that’s detracting or if it’s simply all round apathy as @oohaahmortimer says. 
    Is it possible to get the streaming figures of all those you get it through other routes other than Charlton?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    South Eastern are to Blame for me.
    That and the amount of midweek games.
    We could be playing in the national south and it wouldn’t bother me.
  • Options
    10,623 according to Sky
    that is tickets issued, not how many in the ground
  • Options
    It's crap and will surely only get worse midweek when the parking restrictions come in?
  • Options
    4 seasons and counting of league one dross
    a fixture card as dull as most of us
    and general apathy has set in,  where if you're not jumping round the room tugging yourself off after an 85th minute dodgy penalty victory against bottom of the table Cheltenham then you are frowned upon cos we have the 3 points whooopppeee fucking do 

it's shit and not gonna be enticing to anyone , just our brainwashed brethren 
    cynical but all too realistic .. too easy for fans to pay a tenner, sit in a favourite armchair in the warm with a cup of hot cocoa and watch the 'action' on the telly .. OR, not to bother at all
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Guessing that a lot of season ticket holders couldnt be arsed to go, and stayed home in the warm watching on the telly. More dosh all round,
  • Options
    I got to the station on the way to the match to find all trains cancelled (should have checked before I left) so ended up watching from my sofa. Didn’t feel as though I’d missed a classic.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    I cant see 287 in the away end.

• Options
    Hal1x said:
    I cant see 287 in the away end.

That’s because you’ve only shown half of the stand!
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    ;) hey presto, smart arse

The others are quite obviously having a fag in the bogs.