Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Carlisle Utd Vs Charlton Athletic : Saturday 25th November 2023 : KO 3:00 PM

Comments

• Options
    Not thrilling but overall the best 45 mins I have seen from us this season.

Tight, disciplined and always look like we might get a goal. 

May out of sorts but we can forgive him that.
  • Options
    Hector is our Achilles heel.
  • Options
    McGrandles has been excellent.
    CBT back on it too.
    I’d swap Leaburn for Alfie. 
  • Options
    I'd go Watson for Fraser second half. 

Would like to see a little bit of pace on the RW too and May central after about 60.

Edun and CBT both fantastic so far.
  • Options
    Jayajosh said:
    Hector is our Achilles heel.
    WE DON'T NEED AN ACHILLES HEEL
  • Options
    Come out for the second half and keep doing exactly what you're doing lads - Apart from the few mistakes, keep knocking on that door and we'll break through them!!
  • Options
    Fairly good first half, not sure how but they’re keeping May very quiet. Edun has been great so far and shown some fight, CBT looking dangerous again. Surely we’ll manage to put one of these chances away
  • Options
    We are clearly the better side but our front two are just not firing. Alfy’s worst performance of the season and Leaburn is only flitting in and out. Neat and tidy otherwise but we need to put teams like this away. 
  • Options
    Brum losing to Sheff Wed.
    Not a Chef Wendy fan but Brum deserve all they get for sacking Eustace and appointing Rooney.
    1-1 now...agree with you there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looking at the stats lots of attempts not enough on target 
  • Options
    I thought we played a lot better for the first 30 minutes, then got quite scrappy. For some reason, I found my self singing Pinball Wizard towards the end. Need to get back to our earlier form and show a bit of composure in front of goal. We are the better team, just need to prove it.
  • Options
    We've been strong but lacking a bit of composure in the final third. Finding Carlisle tough to break down 
  • Options
    This has all the makings of a 1-0 defeat. 
  • Options
    Think we’ve been okay. I’d like a bit more composure in the final third, but Carlisle have defended resolutely and then some.

One of those games if we score I think we will score more. But until then a bit worried about the counter at 0-0.
  • Options
    We are well on top and playing well. Carlisle are only going to score from a breakaway or a mistake from one of our players.

Personally, I'd change things and get May playing alongside Leaburn. Otherwise we are going to struggle to score. 

Oh and one final thing. Please don't cross the ball near their keeper who is huge!
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    It got a bit messy in the last 5 or 10 minutes but I’m quite happy with that. No one is having a bad game in my opinion and we’ve been well in control most of the time. We’re having to be patient but the forward players are trying to up the tempo when we get the opportunity and have got in behind them several times. My biggest criticism would be we haven’t turned enough good opportunities into shots but there have also been some good blocks from them. I think if we can keep doing what we’re doing and maybe just up the tempo a bit (they’ve had to chase the ball a lot so should tire a bit) then the break through will come. 

Imperative that the we keep it tight at the back though. Hopefully Hector has got his one bit of narcolepsy out of his system for today. 
  • Options
    TC for Fraser, 2 wingers attacking their man with May and Leaburn in the middle
  • Options
    When the leader in the Prediction League says this, we take it seriously.
  • Options
    Caroline Barker on Sky was a late replacement for Simon Thomas who has Covid. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cory easily the best player on the pitch, Miles is ineffective though and May hasn't been able to get central in the box though.

Hector having a typical Hector game. 95% fine, but there's always an horrendous error there 
  • Options
    Yup.
  • Options
    A very decent first half. Carlisle’s game plan is pretty clear - sit deep and look to spring us.They are almost treating it like a cup tie.

Some poor set plays from Fraser and Carlisle’s right back must have a headache from heading away Hector’s under hit long passes to Corey.

Miles is struggling to hold the ball up front but if we can get the ball into his feet, he can hurt them. As ever, the first goal will be vital but if we continue to play like we have been, I think the game will open up and more space will appear.

• Options
    Off_it said:
    Leuth said:
    Off_it said:
    Leuth said:
    Our worst player IN THIS GAME SO FAR has been Alfie May btw, but that doesn't fit any sort of agenda now does it?
    Why do you get so wound up by people expressing their opinions?
    When it's the same predictable opinion you've read before the game and for the past few months, 

oh FFS how have we not fucking scored
    But then you also keep giving the same predictable opinion in favour.

I just want to know what's going on in the game, not hear about peoples favourite or worst players.
    Mine is Naby Sarr.
  • Options
    When the leader in the Prediction League says this, we take it seriously.
    But what did he predict BEFORE the game?
  • Options
    Yup.
    Some of us called it before we even kicked off.
  • Options
    Cory easily the best player on the pitch, Miles is ineffective though and May hasn't been able to get central in the box though.

Hector having a typical Hector game. 95% fine, but there's always an horrendous error there 
    I thought he's been really consistent recently, although a couple of half errors today. 
  • Options
    7 off play offs, 15 off top spot. 
  • Options
    Always thought Holy was a decent keeper when he was at Gillingham, and got that move to Ipswich 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!