Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Carlisle Utd Vs Charlton Athletic : Saturday 25th November 2023 : KO 3:00 PM

1141516171820»

Comments

• Options
    Bolton 7-0
  • Options
    Oh well.
  • Options
    Played really well. Switched off once and it's cost us.
    We did the same against Wigan and got away with it. When will they learn.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Valley11 said:
    How the f haven’t we won that? 
    Their goal was so bloody lucky
    Lucky? It was shit defending 
    They also got a very nice deflection off Watson in the build up
  • Options
    Bloody toothless today
  • Options
    Two league wins out of the last seven.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Not good enough

Ok they scored a lucky goal. That's football. We had loads of time left in the game. Get back into it. 

Final 20 minutes were handled really poorly. No composure. Head tennis and hoofball. 

We're not in a position where we can be dropping points in games like this. Carlisle have zero attacking threat, that's a game you HAVE to take three points from.
    It was really more 5-10 minutes. We were excellent apart from the goal up until then. Agreed we didn't do quite enough but our stretches of being poor were far outweighed by our dominance. 
  • Options
    Our inability to keep a clean sheet continues to haunt us
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Valley11 said:
    The ball ricochets off Watson straight into the path of their winger
  • Options
    Good game to watch, shame we didn't hold on. I thought we'd lose 1-0 so less of a banana skin than I expected. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Like the midfield of McG and Dobson with a creator either Fraser or Watson
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    SDAddick said:
    Chunes said:
    Not good enough

Ok they scored a lucky goal. That's football. We had loads of time left in the game. Get back into it. 

Final 20 minutes were handled really poorly. No composure. Head tennis and hoofball. 

We're not in a position where we can be dropping points in games like this. Carlisle have zero attacking threat, that's a game you HAVE to take three points from.
    It was really more 5-10 minutes. We were excellent apart from the goal up until then. Agreed we didn't do quite enough but our stretches of being poor were far outweighed by our dominance. 
    What an important clarification. Thanks so much. 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Croydon said:
    Valley11 said:
    After that it was shit defending. Lavelle just left on his own in the middle of the area. 
  • Options
    Blucher said:
    I know Bolton have just kept 6 clean sheets on the trot.......but they also just won 7 nil.

If we had scored 2 today we would probably have won. Scored 3 war would definitely have won.

I know keeping clean sheets is important but once again its not scoring enough goals that had let us down
  • Options
    just one away win all season, not good enough
  • Options
    22 shots, 8 on target, disappointing result
  • Options
    This team needs a big ugly f*** off central defender to sort it out 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Valley11 said:
    Croydon said:
    Valley11 said:
    After that it was shit defending. Lavelle just left on his own in the middle of the area. 
    Yep. 5 of our players behind the ball leaving Lavelle the freedom of carlisle to pick his spot
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2023
    Disappointing not to win that based on the accounts of those who watched the game. I only saw the first 30 minutes where we were in complete control (without getting in behind their VERY low block) and the last 10 minutes where we were holding on a bit…

The away point will be a good one if we’re able to string together back to back home wins against Cheltenham and Cambridge.
  • Options
    Blucher said:
    I know Bolton have just kept 6 clean sheets on the trot.......but they also just won 7 nil.

If we had scored 2 today we would probably have won. Scored 3 war would definitely have won.

I know keeping clean sheets is important but once again its not scoring enough goals that had let us down
    You get three points if you win 7-0 or 1-0.
    The fact is If we'd kept a clean sheet we would have won. 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Like the midfield of McG and Dobson with a creator either Fraser or Watson
    And there's still Terry Taylor and Karoy Anderson. 

• Options
    edited November 2023
    FT stats

Possession 39-61
    Pass Acc % 67-80
    Shots 14-22
    On Target 5-8
    Inside Area 4-15 <——— this is a big one, 15 shots inside a penalty area is a monster numbe
    xG 0.69-1.21
    Corners 4-8
  • Options
    Blucher said:

What a silly post. 
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Chunes said:
    SDAddick said:
    Chunes said:
    Not good enough

What an important clarification. Thanks so much. 
    Being bad for five minutes and being bad for 20 is a big difference.

I know you want to hate this team, and I don't usually get in the way of it because I think you're otherwise very sensible, but the fault today was in the result, not the performance. And unfortunately, only one of those matter. 
  • Options
    Blucher said:

That's because today we didn't keep a clean sheet.
    If we had, we would've won, right?  ;)

• Options
    We’re so frustrating
    still think we’re too nice and not ruthless
  • Options
    If the game was a 6-6 draw, Golfie still would be moaning that Bolton scored 7.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, over to the post-match thread.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!