Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Carlisle Utd Vs Charlton Athletic : Saturday 25th November 2023 : KO 3:00 PM

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2023
    Ignore me
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    This has all the makings of a 1-0 defeat. 
    When the leader in the Prediction League says this, we take it seriously.
    But what did he predict BEFORE the game?
    @Chippycafc is leader of the Prediction League by avoiding predicting Charlton games.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Leuth said:
    Off_it said:
    Leuth said:
    Our worst player IN THIS GAME SO FAR has been Alfie May btw, but that doesn't fit any sort of agenda now does it?
    Why do you get so wound up by people expressing their opinions?
    When it's the same predictable opinion you've read before the game and for the past few months, 

oh FFS how have we not fucking scored
    But then you also keep giving the same predictable opinion in favour.

I just want to know what's going on in the game, not hear about peoples favourite or worst players.
    I quite liked Josh Cullen.

Kirk not so much. 
  • Options

Addicks have edged this without creating *much* in the way of clearcut chances. CBT off the bar, Fraser edge of the area the best ones. Some good moments without getting shots off. Carlisle mainly reduced to long rangers other than the Hector mistake
  • Options

Sides back out, no changes
  • Options

Second half under way
  • Options
    No change for second half, must be time soon for Louis to replace Fraser...
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Jayajosh said:
    Hector is our Achilles heel.
    WE DON'T NEED AN ACHILLES HEEL
    Nor did Achilles to be fair
    Sadly, we're much more like Patroclus, having borrowed Achilles' armour, than Achilles himself.

I did laugh at the allusion in @Jayajosh's original post (though we want to avoid both Patroclus' and Hector's fate).
  • Options
    1. 47'

Post update

Offside, Charlton Athletic. Tayo Edun tries a through ball, but Corey Blackett-Taylor is caught offside.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good news: Alfie May has changed back to the gold boots at halftime. Absolutely obscene to change your boots (started the game with red) while you're on a scoring run. Glad he's seen sense. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    @Chippycafc is leader of the Prediction League by avoiding predicting Charlton games.
    Never do leave them alone as don't want to wish them bad luck. 
  • Options
    Blucher said:
    A very decent first half. Carlisle’s game plan is pretty clear - sit deep and look to spring us.They are almost treating it like a cup tie.

Some poor set plays from Fraser and Carlisle’s right back must have a headache from heading away Hector’s under hit long passes to Corey.

Miles is struggling to hold the ball up front but if we can get the ball into his feet, he can hurt them. As ever, the first goal will be vital but if we continue to play like we have been, I think the game will open up and more space will appear.

Expect to get pelters for this but Mile's is not a great player. Certainly no good with his back to goal & for his height he wins very few headers. He is good with the ball at his feet facing the goal. 

Should play him & May as a front 2 with CBT & T Campbell on the wings. 

• Options

Hector and Dobson link up nicely to try and slide Leaburn through but Holy is off his line quickly
  • Options
    Lay off from Dobson to Leaburn in the box, just too far ahead of him...another chance is gone...
  • Options
    N/ton 1-0
  • Options
    I’d settle for a point now. Leaburn and May off, mustoe and Frimpong on.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Blucher said:
    A very decent first half. Carlisle’s game plan is pretty clear - sit deep and look to spring us.They are almost treating it like a cup tie.

Some poor set plays from Fraser and Carlisle’s right back must have a headache from heading away Hector’s under hit long passes to Corey.

Miles is struggling to hold the ball up front but if we can get the ball into his feet, he can hurt them. As ever, the first goal will be vital but if we continue to play like we have been, I think the game will open up and more space will appear.

Expect to get pelters for this but Mile's is not a great player. Certainly no good with his back to goal & for his height he wins very few headers. He is good with the ball at his feet facing the goal. 

Now we're not playing so much hopeless long ball, it's harder for him to stand out. 

He's young and will learn to try to do other bits better.
  • Options
    Shrews 2-0
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Never do leave them alone as don't want to wish them bad luck. 
    Just realised I predicted us to beat cray valley 4-0,hence why I don't predict our games as they are so unpredictable. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2023
    Not sure what McG was trying there. Carlisle keeper time wasting already lol.
  • Options
    This is a frustrating game.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Blucher said:

Now we're not playing so much hopeless long ball, it's harder for him to stand out. 

He's young and will learn to try to do other bits better.
    He's probably better out wide & May in the middle.
  • Options

Leaburn's back heel opens it up on the left, Fraser feeds CBT but he shoots at Holy

• Options
    ross1 said:

Foam fingers now being handed out to the home fans
    As long as they give some to the home 'keeper, too.
  • Options
    yesssssss
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Its been a 'nearly' game so far
  • Options
    Get in
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Joking - great goal!