Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gillingham [a] Tickets - initial allocation sold out, extra 96 tickets on sale 2pm Thurs (p5)

Comments

• Why is it such a low allocation?
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Why is it such a low allocation?
    The ground has a small capacity. Half of the scaffolding stand has been condemned. 
  • Just putting it out there, but I very much doubt Gillingham have under soil heating - very cold this morning, and the ground in my garden is rock solid - let’s hope they have put covers on, and the game goes ahead 

At least only a short journey, albeit my mate’s wife who is coming along has noted the Xmas market in Rochester this Saturday 🙄
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    The ground has a small capacity. Half of the scaffolding stand has been condemned. 
    Ah, that would explain! 
  • Just putting it out there, but I very much doubt Gillingham have under soil heating - very cold this morning, and the ground in my garden is rock solid - let’s hope they have put covers on, and the game goes ahead 

At least only a short journey, albeit my mate’s wife who is coming along has noted the Xmas market in Rochester this Saturday 🙄
    Saturday 

• So more tickets not actually available then?! What a shambles.
  • JaShea99 said:
    So more tickets not actually available then?! What a shambles.
    I just bought one on line. No difficulty at all so maybe more are available.
  • It worked eventually but it kept saying “priority sale”. People on Twitter saying the same. Think they messed up the points eligibility.
  • castrust said:

Parking information from Gillingham Supporters Club

Hello,

With permit parking restrictions in place all around Priestfield Stadium, the Gillingham FC Supporters’ Club provide car parking for both home and away fans and we would like you invite your supporters to use this facility for your forthcoming match.

​The car park is situated at Barnsole Road Primary School, the address being the junction of School Avenue and Barnsole Road, postcode ME7 2JG, and is around 5 to 10 minutes’ walk from Priestfield Stadium. The car park is clearly signposted. We have availability for approximately 50 cars, with an overflow area available for an extra 20 cars when required. The car park is gated and opening times are:-

​·     Saturday Fixtures (3.00pm Kick Off)   -   1.00pm - 6.00pm

Please note that the car park will be locked 10 minutes before kick-off. It will reopen approximately 10 minutes after the full-time whistle as the school require the car park to be secure when our attendant is not on site. A telephone number is available should anyone need to leave early in an emergency. The cost to park, cash only please, is just £5.00, which is the same for home supporters who are not Gillingham FC Supporters’ Club members.

​Local takeaways can be found nearby in Sturdee Avenue and further down Barnsole Road at Livingstone Circus and on Gillingham Road.

For further information, including photos, maps and directions to Priestfield Stadium from the car park, please view: kpgills.wixsite.com/gfcsupportersclub and select the ‘parking’ tab.

Just taken this from the Gillingham FC site

PARKING

There is no available parking at, or outside the stadium, on matchdays. However, there is parking available at the nearby Woodlands Academy (postcode: ME7 2DU) and Our Lady of Gillingham Church (postcode: ME7 1YL) and Barnsole Primary School (ME7 2JG). Both are within a ten minute walk of the stadium.

Does anyone know if the other parking places at Woodlands Academy and Our Lady of Gillingham are still options? Cost and availability of space?

I have looked up a parking app "Your Parking Space" and you can book places at ASDA at £8.95 but it's 20mins walk according to Gmaps. I rang their store to check that it wasn't some sort of scam, they confirmed it as  bone fide.

• Thanks @Blucher for the heads up re international TV coverage. Just checked, and Viaplay Sweden are showing it so likely a fair few more too - and pirate streams as a result.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2023
    castrust said:

Parking information from Gillingham Supporters Club

Hello,

With permit parking restrictions in place all around Priestfield Stadium, the Gillingham FC Supporters’ Club provide car parking for both home and away fans and we would like you invite your supporters to use this facility for your forthcoming match.

​The car park is situated at Barnsole Road Primary School, the address being the junction of School Avenue and Barnsole Road, postcode ME7 2JG, and is around 5 to 10 minutes’ walk from Priestfield Stadium. The car park is clearly signposted. We have availability for approximately 50 cars, with an overflow area available for an extra 20 cars when required. The car park is gated and opening times are:-

​·     Saturday Fixtures (3.00pm Kick Off)   -   1.00pm - 6.00pm

Please note that the car park will be locked 10 minutes before kick-off. It will reopen approximately 10 minutes after the full-time whistle as the school require the car park to be secure when our attendant is not on site. A telephone number is available should anyone need to leave early in an emergency. The cost to park, cash only please, is just £5.00, which is the same for home supporters who are not Gillingham FC Supporters’ Club members.

​Local takeaways can be found nearby in Sturdee Avenue and further down Barnsole Road at Livingstone Circus and on Gillingham Road.

For further information, including photos, maps and directions to Priestfield Stadium from the car park, please view: kpgills.wixsite.com/gfcsupportersclub and select the ‘parking’ tab.

Just taken this from the Gillingham FC site

PARKING

There is no available parking at, or outside the stadium, on matchdays. However, there is parking available at the nearby Woodlands Academy (postcode: ME7 2DU) and Our Lady of Gillingham Church (postcode: ME7 1YL) and Barnsole Primary School (ME7 2JG). Both are within a ten minute walk of the stadium.

Does anyone know if the other parking places at Woodlands Academy and Our Lady of Gillingham are still options? Cost and availability of space?

I have looked up a parking app "Your Parking Space" and you can book places at ASDA at £8.95 but it's 20mins walk according to Gmaps. I rang their store to check that it wasn't some sort of scam, they confirmed it as  bone fide.

I think the church still does parking, I'd say there's about space for around 50 cars so not huge amount.

Edit- for on street parking you can use this map to show where there are no CPZ https://medwaymaps.medway.gov.uk/SISWebMap9.0.2533.0/Map.aspx?x=575494&y=168463&resolution=3.49999999944882&epsg=277002020&mapname=mms&baseLayer=Light&datalayers=Resident Parking Permit Application Zones,selectFeaturesControl_container 

Plenty of streets around Grange road though finding a spot might be tricky. Also best to stay away from the Vineries if you value your wheels.
  • Surprised there is any parking available seeing the space a caravan needs.
  • If you don’t mind walking for 10 minutes you’ll find lots of on street parking without restrictions however I would recommend the top end of Gillingham, try upper woodlands or barnsole or the roads off them 
  • Thanks to valley addick, colthe3rd, cast trust for your advice.
  • Can't see it being on
  • Tickets for the Addicks' trip to Gillingham on Saturday have sold out.
    Michael Appleton's men will be backed by 1,608 Addicks at Priestfield Stadium.
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/gillingham-away-tickets-sold-out
  • I hope the pitch has been well covered, as if it isn't playable now, it won't be any better tomorrow.
  • must surely be doubtful
  • Just rang Gills
    Frost covers are on and confident game on with no issues
    See you tomorrow mate 👍 
  • Sponsored links:

• Looking fwd to it Stevie
  • Just rang Gills
    Frost covers are on and confident game on with no issues
    Hopefully it will be, but they’re hardly gonna say anything to the contrary are they?
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    I took my son to see Gills V Accrington earlier in the season (I've been taking him on a football league journey) and that stand was completely empty. Presumably the away fans were squeezed into the Gordon Road stand, I couldn't really tell.

Anyway, I think we can guess who will score for the Gills...
  • They'd have put the undersoil heating on by now. Of course it will be on.
  • People should check return trains to Dartford and London, just booked a return on South Eastern and the last train back 18 24 pm.
  • Just walked my dogs at Hall Place - this morning the ground was rock hard where I live, however the football pitches at Hall Place this afternoon were definitely playable, as it had warmed up quite a bit - temperature drop tonight isn’t as bad as was forecast earlier this week, and sunshine predicted for Medway from mid morning onwards - provided covers are on, this will go ahead (famous last words…..)