Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD [+POST p9]: Charlton Ath v Sutton Utd: B.S.M. EFL Trophy: Tues 21st Nov 2023 | KO 19.00

Comments

• Options
    Thanks everyone. Let’s keep the post-match rolling on in here please.
  • Options
    Sutton get the ball in our net, but the ref had already whistled for offside. And that's the final whistle, final score 3-0.
  • Options
    Comfortable win, good professional performance, everyone got some minutes. 
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Is that Enoch Showunmi in the Sutton defence? I used to work with his sister.
    That’s Omar for Sutton
  • Options
    When is the draw for the next step on our glorious path to Wembley then? 
  • Options
    Well done to the team, they seem to have got Cray Valley game at the valley out of their system
    , good result, keep the momentum going!
  • Options
    Didn’t get to watch, how was McGrandles?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2023
    Good work out, Fraser and McGrandles getting valuable minutes and I thought both played well, L. Watson was my MOM. Overall a positive team performance.

• Options
    edited November 2023
    I had thought that I had missed out on Charlton being a cup colossus, being born after 1947...

(Anyone having to power on their Irony Detector, shame on you!)
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Enjoyed that. Edun and McGrandles showing real signs of promise. Ness and Jones looked decent too. 
    First signing in January should be Louie Watson on a permanent deal. 
    Yup. I know we were playing the team at the bottom of league 2 but Louie Watson was once again outstanding tonight. He works so hard, is always looking for the ball and plays a good pass. Would be great if we could get him but I doubt Luton will want to sell.
    Isn’t he out of contract in the summer? 
  • Options
    Quite an enjoyable watch,Mcgrandles is improving every time he plays and I am sure he will play a big part in our quest for a play off spot.Walker scares the life out of me when he punches the ball,no distance on it ,but otherwise ok.If we can just avoid getting these injuries our squad will be strong enough ,maybe a defensive addition needed,to get us up the table.
  • Options
    This team reminds me a bit of the 2019 team. Score goals and some real quality, but didn’t really pin it down until late in the season.
    Such a shame about the start we had but hopefully Appleton knows enough now to get the best out of them for a play off finish. 
  • Options
    Away to one of the southern group winners (apart from Crawley I guess?) Pompey, Reading, MKD, Peterborough, Wycombe, Forest Green or West Ham (at home)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Let’s just pray we don’t need the keeper in a league game

decent enough performance all round, some good (injury free) minutes into most of the squad to keep ticking over 

• Options
    Interesting with the U21 sides in the trophy, 6 have gone through with 10 going out. 
  • Options
    Let’s just pray we don’t need the keeper in a league game

decent enough performance all round, some good (injury free) minutes into most of the squad to keep ticking over 

Walker's confidence grew during the game and he did make 2 good saves.
  • Options
    Reasonably exciting match thread. Thanks to all the contributors. 
  • Options
    Enjoyable game. Yes it's a nothing cup in the grand scheme of things but it might provide me and 9 year old grandson a chance to watch Charlton at Wembley (would much prefer playoff final of course) some decent football tonight. I do think we are slowly progressing. Pleased that Conor Mc seems to be growing in confidence. Need a win at Carlisle now.
  • Options
    Very heartening. Loads of positives for Appleton to contemplate. 
    I hope we can carry that positivity forward into the forthcoming league matches, after the mini blip a few weeks back. If we can strengthen further in January you’d hope we’d at least be in with a chance if the playoffs.