Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD [+POST p9]: Charlton Ath v Sutton Utd: B.S.M. EFL Trophy: Tues 21st Nov 2023 | KO 19.00

Comments

• Match description 

Best I can conjure up is - poor 
    A bit harsh

We've played some decent stuff in attack in the first half. CBT and Edun have combined well, while Fraser looks much sharper. Miles is a bit of a weak link perhaps.

We need a second as we're bound to concede with the lack of CBs and a 3rd choice keeper
    Hmmmm

Sorry, but that was not very good - we should be smashing this lot out onto Harvey Gardens 

They are bottom of Div 4 !!!
    Chill Flash, second half comin' up...🍻
  • Second half kicks off, we're passing it around the defence so far.
  • Down the right from Asiimwe to Campbell but he was flagged offside eventually.
  • Match description 

Best I can conjure up is - poor 
    A bit harsh

We've played some decent stuff in attack in the first half. CBT and Edun have combined well, while Fraser looks much sharper. Miles is a bit of a weak link perhaps.

We need a second as we're bound to concede with the lack of CBs and a 3rd choice keeper
    Hmmmm

Sorry, but that was not very good - we should be smashing this lot out onto Harvey Gardens 

They are bottom of Div 4 !!!
    This isn't our full strength team
    But, we still should not be labouring like this …..
  • Nice work from the Watsons, play in Assimwe down the right thought he'd got a corner, but it's a goal kick.
  • How could Browny tell there wasn't a touch from that defender and a corner to us...🤷‍♂️
  • Nice bit of passing play, we try to play in CBT into the box, but a defender puts it out for a corner.
  • Much better play 2-0
  • Conor McG gets a goal via a wicked deflection and 2-0
  • Sponsored links:

• Massive deflection but that's McGrandles' goal still!
  • Got away with that. Touch of the Innis about the defending 
  • Corner was taken short, CBT and Fraser played to Campbell (some question of the ball going out for a throw) cut back to McGrandles and a massive deflection from a defender's head sent the ball into their net.
  • edited November 2023
    I have it on not so good authority that he's shit
  • Browny feeling sorry for Sutton...sod em Browny they are the bloody opposition
  • Now down the other end a bit of a defensive mix up means they have a shot which Walker deals with but not exactly securely.
  • He scores goals, Conor... he scores goals...

• Bah, nice ball from McGrandles to Campbell, but a slightly heavy touch on the edge of the area means he loses the ball
  • Sponsored links:

• Sutton on the counter, McGrandles get outmuscled on the run, and Walker parries the shot.
  • Chunes said:
    McGrandles celebrates by flipping the bird to the entire west stand
    I also saw him mouth 'English scumbags' 

Ugly scenes 
  • Leaburn looks Knackered after winning that corner...time for Alfie maybe
  • L Watson goes wide to Asiimwe, nice first touch pass to McGrandles, who plays Leaburn in and his shot is blocked near post for a corner.
  • edited November 2023
    McGrandles with a nice run in behind and cuts back to Leaburn but he's crowded out and forced into an unlikely shot on the angle. Saved away for a corner.
  • McGrandles making some nice runs forward 
  • Why is Campbell not getting into the area there? Stood there admiring Leaburn’s footwork 
  • Alfie May coming on?
  • Another delay in play due to a Sutton player being down in their box. And I do wish the camera wouldn't wizz from the area to the dugouts and back again so quickly, it makes me seasick.