Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

North Macedonia vs England - KO @ 7:45pm (C4) - Living in a Dion Dublin World!!

Comments

• Options
    Opinions are like arseholes - everyone's got one.

I've never understood the hype about Saka. 

I keep watching hoping to get it, but I never do.
    He has been England's player of the year for the last 2 years!
    And Kalvin Phillips won it the year before Saka. Michael Owen won the Balon D'or once.
    nothing wrong with Michael Owen 
    I agree - nothing wrong. In fact very good and scored lots of goals that season. But the best player in the World?
    was voted to be.

was messi the best player in the world this year when Haaland scored 50 odd goals?
    I don't have an opinion on that.
    its football. Everyone is allowed an opinion.
    Of course they are allowed - but they aren't compulsory. I appreciate its a tough concept to get your head around.
  • Options
    Remember when Rashford was ok/quite good?
  • Options
    How is Rashford anywhere near the England team atm on current form?
    Cole Palmer is making it from 9 games, so not sure its too difficult to get in currently. 
  • Options
    How is Rashford anywhere near the England team atm on current form?
    Current form? You know Southgate’s still manager right?
  • Options

And Kalvin Phillips won it the year before Saka. Michael Owen won the Balon D'or once.
    14 goals 11 assists in the Premier League last season. 

3 goals in the world cup. 

2 goals and 3 assists in the champions league this season in 4 games. 

Still 22. 

But yeah rubbish ain't he. 

who said he was rubbish?
    Sorry, you 'don't understand the hype' of clearly one of the best young wingers in the world. 
    Out of interest, is this one of the foreign referees that you think will improve the Premier League?
  • Options
    Lets face it, both our 2 performances this week has been by a team already qualified and clear at the top of the group. Mentally they're at 80%.
    Players who know they're going into the traditionally crushing Christmas schedule as well. No-one is going to risk themselves when some of them have 9 games to play in December
  • Options

I agree - nothing wrong. In fact very good and scored lots of goals that season. But the best player in the World?
    was voted to be.

was messi the best player in the world this year when Haaland scored 50 odd goals?
    Of course they are allowed - but they aren't compulsory. I appreciate its a tough concept to get your head around.
    not at all.

Just I usually like to share my opinions on football on a footbal forum. Sorry if that is tough to get your head around ;)
  • Options
    England - slow, boring, uninspired. Dublin - unbelievable.
  • Options
    Macedonia were industrious. Nothing special but worked hard.
    The worrying thing yet again is Southgates inability to unlock the door against these types of teams and their certain styles of play.
    He really doesn't have any answers 
  • Options

Still 22. 

who said he was rubbish?
    Sorry, you 'don't understand the hype' of clearly one of the best young wingers in the world. 
    Out of interest, is this one of the foreign referees that you think will improve the Premier League?
    Changing the subject when made to look stupid.  :#
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One positive I thought was Rico Lewis. He had a very impressive debut
  • Options
    Nadou said:
    England - slow, boring, uninspired. Dublin - unbelievable.
    He'll be back on Homes Under The Hammer in the morning, calling ceilings roofs and brickwork, stonework
  • Options
    The ref was a joke but I do wonder in a game like that why we needed two centre halves. We could have put a midfielder in Maguire's role as a lot of ball went through the defensive middle and he is basically a donkey. Also, we needed to take players on more when attacking. If we lost it would get it straight back. 
  • Options
    edited November 2023

Still 22. 

who said he was rubbish?
    Why do I look stupid? You are a very strange individual.

But anyway, is this one of those ref's?
  • Options
    Two weak performances this weekend by our standards, but not too concerned considering we know how we can go through the gears when we have to.

Jude and Kane from the start would have made a difference. 
  • Options

Still 22. 

who said he was rubbish?

Yes I often name Filip Glova specifically as one of the best referees in the world. 

Yawn.
  • Options
    This England team is like the Charlton team.
    A good first team but I weak bench.

• Options

was voted to be.

not at all.

Just I usually like to share my opinions on football on a footbal forum. Sorry if that is tough to get your head around ;)
    Watch out, having an opinion might mean you look stupid...
  • Options
    Macedonia were industrious. Nothing special but worked hard.
    The worrying thing yet again is Southgates inability to unlock the door against these types of teams and their certain styles of play.
    He really doesn't have any answers 
    Does he?

We've drawn this year with Macedonia and Ukraine
    2022 Quali, we drew with Hungary and Poland
    2020 Quali, we lost in Czechia
    2018 Quali, we drew with Scotland and Slovenia

England historically have struggled to overcome these teams at the actual Tournaments, but have walked the Qualifying Stages - Seems the other way around with Southgate
  • Options

Still 22. 

who said he was rubbish?

Maybe that’s why.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "Channel 4 is f*cking shit" chant coming over nice and loud  :D
  • Options
    We play against shit teams the same way as we do against good teams but we actually have more space against good teams as well as more threat against us. But to win a tournament you have to beat good teams so nothing to be too concerned about.

What confuses me is that in the Malta game, Kane is fouled and VAT should intervene. Tonight Lewis jumps with nobody near him and the opponent runs into his arm. VAR shouldn't get involved. These people are clowns. No other word for it.
  • Options
    Do we think Southgate actually asks the forward players to stand still for 90 minutes, and the midfield to turn around and pass backwards every time they have an opponent in front of them? 
  • Options
    "Goals changes games" - Joe Cole 20/11/2023

Goodnight......
  • Options
    Lol, they’re doing the interviews and the fans are singing “Channel 4, is f***ing sh*t”. 
    Southgate next to be interviewed….
  • Options
    Do we think Southgate actually asks the forward players to stand still for 90 minutes, and the midfield to turn around and pass backwards every time they have an opponent in front of them? 
    Well of course... He's the Manager - He clearly told Harry Kane to miss that penalty vs France too if you were watching properly.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    If we are trying to win the game, why bring Phillips on? Also with Rashford, surely Southgate shouldn't pick him but tell him to find his form with his club and he will be at the forefront of his thoughts. Sterling is on form and totally overlooked.
  • Options
    Lol, they’re doing the interviews and the fans are singing “Channel 4, is f***ing sh*t”. 
    Unfair IMO. Grand Designs is excellent old man telly.
  • Options
    Channel 4 news is the best on TV.