Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

North Macedonia vs England - KO @ 7:45pm (C4) - Living in a Dion Dublin World!!

Comments

• Options
    Alexander arnold has been pony tonight
    Just like he was against Malta.
    Its like he’s playing out of position or something.

Fans have been begging for him to play in midfield for a long time. He's admittedly got a good pass on him but that doesn't make a good midfielder.
    Easy part of being a fan... We can call for things to happen, complain when we're not listened to, but we dont have to suffer the consequences when its tried, and fails
  • Options
    Been endless calls for Southgate to play him there though
    Not by me there ain’t 
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    How to turn a truely golden generation into a shite squad of negativity whatever the result of any qualifiers whatever our fifa world ranking the minute we play a decent team in a game that matters Southgate will stifle any chance we have end of
    I think you are massively overestimating our squad calling it a "golden generation" 

we have two world class players and potentially two others - Trent and Sako. The rest are mid table premier league. The defence is arguably lower than that centrally.

Who's the second world class player not named Kane? 

Saka is England's second best player and is clearly world class at this point. 
    Bellingham obviously.

Depending on people's definition of world class though i do think we have others.
  • Options
    Not by me there ain’t 
    Wasnt suggesting it from anyone on here.

More the wider Footballing world.
  • Options
    Not by me there ain’t 
    Wasnt suggesting it from anyone on here.

More the wider Footballing world.
    Eejits, the lot of em 🤣
  • Options
    Mr & Mrs Og’s boy in there again. 
    Can see them going to the Court of Arbitration if their boy doesnt get the recognition.

If Kane gets that goal, he leads 63-60. But if it is an own goal, it's 62-61 and even more intriguingly poised.

— Richard Jolly 🇺🇦 (@RichJolly) November 20, 2023
    Gone down as an Own Goal...

They'll be dancing on the streets of his home town tonight.
  • Options
    He has, play has looked much slicker when it hasn't gone through him

Hopefully it'll put the arguments of the armchair managers that he'd be a great midfielder to bed.
    I do think this lineup hasn't suited him. Alexander-Arnold is good when you need to probe about the place with fast players who want to stretch play and a striker who drops in to create space behind him. Watkins plays on the shoulder of the last defender and Grealish, Foden and Lewis want to shift the ball quickly in tight spaces with fast rotating triangles. Bit of a mismatch of personnel, he'd look much better with Saka, Kane and Rashford/Sterling I reckon, but he should still be doing more tonight than he has
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    How to turn a truely golden generation into a shite squad of negativity whatever the result of any qualifiers whatever our fifa world ranking the minute we play a decent team in a game that matters Southgate will stifle any chance we have end of
    I think you are massively overestimating our squad calling it a "golden generation" 

we have two world class players and potentially two others - Trent and Sako. The rest are mid table premier league. The defence is arguably lower than that centrally.

Bellingham obviously.

Depending on people's definition of world class though i do think we have others.
    who else in your mind mate?

also apologies all for mispelling Saka.
  • Options
    AndyG said:

Bellingham obviously.

Would imagine Foden and Walker. Perhaps Rice too if we're judging potential. 

Could see an argument for both. 
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    AndyG said:

Bellingham obviously.

Foden and Rice have the potential to be up there

Rico Lewis in the future
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have to agree with Dion on that one. Saka has done sod all wrong there. 
  • Options
    This ref is genuinely off his tits. Can't remember a worse performance
  • Options
    I thought Klopp played Trent as a midfielder nowadays but I don't really follow the PL so am probably wrong.
  • Options
    Not watched all of it, but Kyle Walker has been awful 
  • Options
    Standard of refereeing in this game has been abysmal 
  • Options
    Saka poor too
  • Options
    I have to agree with Dion on that one. Saka has done sod all wrong there. 
    Agreed. Mind you, Sakas done sod all tonight as a whole
  • Options
    The North Macedonian’s making the VAR team welcome

• Options
    Been a difficult game for Saka given how defensively Macedonia have been when we attack... They've wisely allowed no space for us to get in behind
  • Options
    I will be amazed if this game doesn't end with Lewis getting a red for a minor display of dissent or frustration. Ref is having far too much fun getting his time to miss the opportunity
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2023
    I tell you what, getting some of the best ref's from other countries across Europe will massively improve the quality of reffing in our country  :D:D:D
  • Options
    What’s this trying to walk the ball snails pace bollocks I have seen since I’ve come home from work?

I just fear the set up and mentality is all too safey safe. FFS Gareth you have a squad up there with anyone in world football! Get them playing bravely and aggressively 
  • Options
    Backwards and upwards
  • Options
    AndyG said:

Bellingham obviously.

Well for me 'world class' means one of the best in the world in their position, so aside from Kane, Bellingham and Saka i'd add Rice, Stones and Walker.

You could also add Trent but he isn't playing right back for England.
  • Options
    I tell you what, getting some of the best ref's from other countries across Europe will massively improve the quality of reffing in our country  :D:D:D
    People been crying out for Slovakian refs yes. Definitely. 
  • Options
    I'm gonna say I think when you talk about world class - there isn't many for any individual countries - I understand the point about Saka, but for the others, well I think world class has a different meaning to me.

I think the genuine "world class players" in my mind is in single figures that are playing today. So I guess that is whwre the difference is in my opinion.
  • Options
    Don't England have any natural wingers? Players that can beat a defender on the outside  ?
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Opinions are like arseholes - everyone's got one.

I've never understood the hype about Saka. 

I keep watching hoping to get it, but I never do.
  • Options
    Not watched all of it, but Kyle Walker has been awful 
    Off night tonight, but think he's an exceptional player. Think.the overall performance tonight has been dismal up until now, regardless of the ref