Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• DDOUBLEE said:
    DDOUBLEE said:
    I would like a LWB in on loan maybe and id be satisfied (I’m not stating who should be starting, just highlighting the depth in positions, expect Thomas/Anderson to go and maybe Dobson)
    That’s a nice graphic but on no habitable does Dobson start over Coventry.  
    Agreed but like I said was just highlighting the depth 
    A lot of depth but not quality probably 5 elite 8 short 
  • JamesSeed said:
    Brownie12 said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    This reminds of a Josh Parker kind of signing 
    Or worse still, Omar Bogle.
    ‘Worse still’?? Humph. 
    Did a great job for us, and got binned off like some discarded fag packet. 
    When was that ? :o I must have blinked. 
    That was little bit of a whoosh mate. A mini whoosh. 
    But as discussed earlier by others, he did a job for us, and was in the playoff winning side. Not a great job maybe, but a job nonetheless. 👍
  • wmcf123 said:
    I thought Uche was an absolute handful at Vale Park and if that is the role which gives more space to Alfie and the midfielders to benefit from, all good with me. That said we would need goals from the central midfielders which have been rare thus far this season. 
    Most of us would be a handful against our defenders .  Truly appalling goal record for a striker with huge numbers of different clubs 
    As with all these signings, whether he’s any good or not, only time…. will tell. 
    My feeling is he might be a useful addition, and will add a bit of much needed muscle to our attack. Other than Chuks, none of our attacking players can put it about a bit. 
  • edited January 19
    If Ikpeazu was of interest to us why did we not sign him in October when he was free?
    Because we had a list of targets, and he was number four or five on it? Plus the Miles and Chuks thing. 
  • Sounds like great news but will hold off any excitement until I've checked the other forum and got it confirmed from the itk's lol
  • edited January 19
    We get both a lot of people on this thread gonna look silly…..
    A lot of us already do look silly. 
  • edited January 19
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Had to check that was the real O'Rourke when I saw that! 
    Same, especially due to the time, certainly the most active January I can recall with transfer gossip/links 

Definitely better names we're being linked with but we can only judge with who actually signs for us. Interesting couple of weeks ahead.
    Yeah, when he's signed on the dotted line I'll be happy, as so far it's been links and that's as far as it's gone.

Ladapo I am not 100% about as he may be just leaving his prime, but if we get him, he's commited and he can replicate his Rotherham form, it will be a real coup. Probably the best option after JCH from this league. I know he will be from the league above but all of his best football is here.

Still a long way to go, need a new centre back, the two new wingbacks and a creative mid, but I like the names we are being linked with. 
    In other words an entire new team. 
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:
    No signings today. That is a disgrace!
    We only sign players on Fridays!
    I think our media team only work one day a week  ;)
  • edited January 19
    wmcf123 said:
    I thought Uche was an absolute handful at Vale Park and if that is the role which gives more space to Alfie and the midfielders to benefit from, all good with me. That said we would need goals from the central midfielders which have been rare thus far this season. 
    Most of us would be a handful against our defenders .  Truly appalling goal record for a striker with huge numbers of different clubs 
    I assume we are interested in the fella after playing against us.
    Before the game we'd probably not heard of him.
    Who are our scouts btw?
    Martin Sandgaard
  • supaclive said:
    Fair play if Lapado happens too
    Cap will be doffed......
    Don't hold your breath
  • JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Brownie12 said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    This reminds of a Josh Parker kind of signing 
    Or worse still, Omar Bogle.
    ‘Worse still’?? Humph. 
    Did a great job for us, and got binned off like some discarded fag packet. 
    When was that ? :o I must have blinked. 
    That was little bit of a whoosh mate. A mini whoosh. 
    But as discussed earlier by others, he did a job for us, and was in the playoff winning side. Not a great job maybe, but a job nonetheless. 👍
    From your post I thought you were talking about Bogle, guess you were talking about Parker  :#
  • So if everything goes to plan we'll have 4 signings tomorrow.
    Ladapo from Ipswich, Ikpeazu from Port Vale, Edmonds-Grey from Huddersfield and Ward from Swindon.

Sounds like lots of squad fillers to me.  If we can get Ladapo and Ikpeazu it will allow us to make a bit of money by selling May.  😉
  • mendonca said:
    Crawley ruled out out a day ago. Let's see if Ipswich bring any forwards in. 
    Unlike Cawley to get it wrong…. Not as if he said Coventry 100% wouldn’t be happening, then 20 minutes later back track..
  • Lapado is 30 surely he wants to play at this stage of his career ?
  • Sponsored links:

• DubaiCAFC said:
    Not what I have been told, we are certainly interested, but if we can get the deal done is depending on Ipswich getting their target this month. If we can do a deal, we will still try and do this one even if we secure other targets.

And just like that….
  • edited January 19
    A lot of talk about the strikers, but what about this Rarmani River Miguel Joseph Edmonds-Green geezer. Seems he is the most likely of the lot to sign. Anyone know if he’s any good?
  • A lot of talk about the strikers, but what about this Rarmani River Miguel Joseph Edmonds-Green geezer. Seems he is the most likely of the lot to sign. Anyone know if he’s any good?
    What do you think!
  • He's rubbish apparently but he's 6ft tall (just) from Peckham and he's not Hector.
  • A lot of talk about the strikers, but what about this Rarmani River Miguel Joseph Edmonds-Green geezer. Seems he is the most likely of the lot to sign. Anyone know if he’s any good?
    I don't know, but I do know it will cost a few pennies to have his name on my shirt.
  • He's rubbish apparently but he's 6ft tall (just) from Peckham and he's not Hector.
    Warnock rated him.. And doesn’t sound like he will be a starter. More back up, but he is a good age, played a decent amount games in the championship and has been promoted from League One, so for me jury out until see him play in a charlton shirt 
  • Rotherham fans loved him when he was there two years ago. Never quite pushed on to be a Championship regular with Huddersfield but should be solid for us, especially being closer to home would hopefully give him a boost to rediscover some form.👍
  • We have more than enough midfielders but… if Dobbo ain’t signing there’s a place for him maybe?