Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• CBT doing a Lyle apparently. 
  • RedChaser said:
    Well I say sign him up, if only because his first name is Rarmani so we can call him Reg.

Remember he had a decent year for Rotherham in their promotion season a couple of years back, remember a couple of impressive moments when he played at the Valley.

There’s only ONE Reg! 😉
    Can't we just call him Dave.
  • To all those saying that the "big lump" upfront doesn't need to be a goalscorer as we have Alfie May, just consider a moment in the 90th minute, at 1
    1,  when the ball falls to him 6 yards out & blazes it over the bar. 

No thanks. Any striker HAS to know where the goal is. Otherwise you might as well just play Hector up front. 
    I mean...he is a big lump...and injured....Charlton missed a trick!
  • Swisdom said:
    robroy said:
    CBT doing a Lyle apparently. 
    Pretty sure We won’t see him in a Charlton shirt again.  

🐍
    Disappointing, given it was us that gave him the chance after the trial. 

To fake an injury (apparently) is not cool. 

Derby also fancy Dobbo, looking at some rumors on twitter 🙈
  • Oggy Red said:
    To all those saying that the "big lump" upfront doesn't need to be a goalscorer as we have Alfie May, just consider a moment in the 90th minute, at 1
    1,  when the ball falls to him 6 yards out & blazes it over the bar. 

No thanks. Any striker HAS to know where the goal is. Otherwise you might as well just play Hector up front. 
    But Golfie, it's not a problem that he can't score goals - we'd be signing Uche Unpronounceable to defend set pieces in our own box from the 80th minute and Squeaky Bum Time.  :)

“Uche Unpronounceable“

Welcome back to the 70s/80s folks.   

Guessing you thought that was funny.     I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt this time.   

• Weirdly I could see Dobson to Derby as a possibility. Hourihane is getting on and a lot of their other CMs are youngsters that are just breaking through. 
  • edited January 18
    No Dobson and CBT to Derby would be a personal nightmare for me.

And can't be true.  Derby are much better run than us and on the verge of promotion and Dobson isn't good enough for us and CBT has no end product!
  • Sponsored links:

• supaclive said:
    No Dobson and CBT to Derby would be a personsl nightmare for me.

And can't be true.  Derby are much better run than us and on the verge of promotion and Dobson isn't good enough for us and CBT has no end product!
    I don't think they have the money for one let alone both.
  • PaddyP17 said:
    Wouldn't mind him at all. A foil for May is clearly what we need - look at what happens when he's isolated up top. If Parker can be a decent albeit bit-part player in a promotion side, then in the short term you'd hope Ikpeazu can do similar in terms of how we can generate results or passages of play. And for that one lovely season we had Paolo di Canio, he scored 4 in 31, all of which were pens, but we weren't writing him off as a striker/forward player (admittedly he was a bit of a CAM) as a result, were we? (Obviously not a direct comparison of course!)
     Di Canio possibly brought a bit more to the table in the First Division than a lumbering Ikpeazu can in the third. Not a direct comparison fair enough but this is possibly Ikpeazu's finest moment being mentioned in the same breath as Paolo  :D
  • RC_CAFC said:
    robroy said:
    CBT doing a Lyle apparently. 
    Probably wise we find out for sure before we start vilifying him.
    Both ITK people on each forum have hinted. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • @Swisdom, I can't work out how Lewis Ward could be an interesting signing? 
  • JamesSeed said:
    Brownie12 said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    This reminds of a Josh Parker kind of signing 
    Or worse still, Omar Bogle.
    ‘Worse still’?? Humph. 
    Did a great job for us, and got binned off like some discarded fag packet. 
    When was that ? :o I must have blinked. 
  • Goodwin still not officially announced by Oxford unless I’ve missed it. Still time I guess and maybe could be persuaded? 
  • I don’t mind this too, a good battering ram with a turn of pace. If we didn’t have a goal scorer in Alfie then it wouldn’t be great but think Ikpeazu could be a decent facilitator 
  • Sponsored links:

• Yann897 said:

I actually like this signing I think he’ll create a lot of space and time for Alfie May and bring other players into play. 
    Is there anything you object to that the owners have done though, just wondering.....

• edited January 18
    My only worry is, where do the goals come from if May gets injured? 
  • Obviously he’s not the ideal choice but in terms of a stop gap I think he’ll do. We’re not going up this year and this gives us time to plan. I’d imagine he’s fairly cheap. 
  • So are we announcing 3 signings tomorrow potentially, a goalkeeper, a striker and a defender that can play holding midfield?
  • I thought Uche was an absolute handful at Vale Park and if that is the role which gives more space to Alfie and the midfielders to benefit from, all good with me. That said we would need goals from the central midfielders which have been rare thus far this season. 
  • sam3110 said:
    So are we announcing 3 signings tomorrow potentially, a goalkeeper, a striker and a defender that can play holding midfield?
    “Ooooo you are awful but I like you;)”
  • supaclive said:
    Yann897 said:

I actually like this signing I think he’ll create a lot of space and time for Alfie May and bring other players into play. 
    Is there anything you object to that the owners have done though, just wondering.....

In hindsight they got a lot of the summer signings wrong but I don’t think we can judge them after coming in late but they seem to be getting a lot right at the moment and after years of Roland and Sandgaard it’s great too see.
  • I thought Uche was an absolute handful at Vale Park and if that is the role which gives more space to Alfie and the midfielders to benefit from, all good with me. That said we would need goals from the central midfielders which have been rare thus far this season. 
    Most of us would be a handful against our defenders .  Truly appalling goal record for a striker with huge numbers of different clubs