Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• edited January 18
    thenewbie said:
    thenewbie said:
    This shows why all the talk on here of binning off JCH was wrong.

If some people had had their way the club would have told JCH and his agent to feck off and we would have burnt another bridge.

It still might not happen, probably won't, but we still gave that option.

He's basically binned us off already...but let's see eh...🤷‍♂️
    Has he?

What has he said or done to suggest that?

iirc Henry, and I stand ready to be corrected, there have been posts on here saying that he has refused our offers, and the Boro chairman has been reported as saying that we would be the best club for him, but he is not interested it seems, now,...I may be wrong, wouldn't be the first time, and as I said, lets see where it all ends up...but the clock is running down. 🤷‍♂️ 
    So JCH hasn't said anything 

But Barry Fry, who has a very strong interest in selling JCH now, has.

I can believe he's asking for more and we're offering less but that's negotiating.
    I very much doubt he's "binned" anyone or anything. This is potentially quite a significant move for him, probably his last big contract too so he's actually being very canny and playing it smart by keeping as many options open as possible.

Is it frustrating for us? Yes, and apparently annoying the P'boro team too given the Media game they are playing. But honestly I don't see him as greedy or playing games, just trying to get the best deal he can... which anyone else would surely do in his place.
    Exactly

So, that told me, I stand corrected, but still convinced he has no intention of joining us...just saying..🤷‍♂️
    Well I wouldn't say he has no intention at all. I'd be surprised if he wasn't open to the possibility. But he's not got any reason to WANT to come here - good wages yes but offset by cost of London life and moving his family etc. He's not pushing for it but probably not completely against either.

I'm not saying that I think it WILL happen but if it does it won't be till later on (purely speculation, not ITK at all.)
    Fair enough...to quote a very well known CL ism...WIOTOS...🙄
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Nelson Abbey still hasn't been announced by Luton has he? But Holmes has, I just wonder if he is considering his options still
    Would take quite a brave move by Abbey to reject Luton in favour of Charlton. Not impossible but almost. 
  • Swisdom are u able to reveal any names since your post about a week ago with the different clues of players ?

• Seen this from the reading equivalent of Cawley that Abbey has turned down Luton but there's other significant interest 
  • If it were a possibility it would be one hell of a statement! Couldn’t help but think it would be the end of Deji and Hector. 
  • If he has rejected Luton in the premier league (likely Championship next season however) then I don't really see why he'd sign for a middling league one club tbh. Can't see us being able to pull this one off!
    Abbey will end up with another Prem club. Palace would be my guess.
  • edited January 18
    Would consider myself to be massively dumb, and founded if Abbey were to join another League One club with better interest.

I get it happens occasionally with the likes of Conor Coventry, but not with young potential like this surely
  • Forest were the other club doing the rounds but I don't know if their impending FFP sanction will affect any January business. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Yeah with a bit of realism he's probably rejected Luton eyeing up a lower half Premier League side less likely to be in the champ next season. He won't be coming here
  • Leuth said:
    We need to sign players locally, who won't get homesick. Local League Two teams seem like a good place to look. Who's Gillingham's striker?
    Gillingham's striker?..... Yes, he'll do brilliantly 
  • thenewbie said:
    This shows why all the talk on here of binning off JCH was wrong.

If some people had had their way the club would have told JCH and his agent to feck off and we would have burnt another bridge.

It still might not happen, probably won't, but we still gave that option.

He's basically binned us off already...but let's see eh...🤷‍♂️
    Has he?

What has he said or done to suggest that?

iirc Henry, and I stand ready to be corrected, there have been posts on here saying that he has refused our offers, and the Boro chairman has been reported as saying that we would be the best club for him, but he is not interested it seems, now,...I may be wrong, wouldn't be the first time, and as I said, lets see where it all ends up...but the clock is running down. 🤷‍♂️ 
    So JCH hasn't said anything 

But Barry Fry, who has a very strong interest in selling JCH now, has.

I can believe he's asking for more and we're offering less but that's negotiating.
    I very much doubt he's "binned" anyone or anything. This is potentially quite a significant move for him, probably his last big contract too so he's actually being very canny and playing it smart by keeping as many options open as possible.

Is it frustrating for us? Yes, and apparently annoying the P'boro team too given the Media game they are playing. But honestly I don't see him as greedy or playing games, just trying to get the best deal he can... which anyone else would surely do in his place.
    Exactly

So, that told me, I stand corrected, but still convinced he has no intention of joining us...just saying..🤷‍♂️
    Maybe not but he hasn't said that
  • Scoham said:
    Hal1x said:
    Theres a indication of our current plight, a player I have never heard of, who has only scored a handful of goals, for a team who have done nothing, chooses to go to another team who have done nothing for years, over us when we have offered the same money!. We are really buggered!
    He's a young lad, currently living around the Cheltenham area. Not surprising he might want the comfort of being closer to home than upping sticks to London. 

Remember Charlie Kirk.....
    I was thinking the same but about JCH. We don’t want another player who’s main reason for joining is because the offer is too good to turn down.

If they’re not comfortable with the football side of it or the location then we’re not going to get the best out of them.
    I don’t have an issue with it at all. He’s waiting for a better financial offer as would most players in his situation. That probably happens with half the players we sign, but it’s just not played out in public so we don’t know about it. Is Dobson not doing the same thing? It won’t necessarily mean he won’t do well or give 100% if we do get him 
  • NabySarr said:
    Scoham said:
    Hal1x said:
    Theres a indication of our current plight, a player I have never heard of, who has only scored a handful of goals, for a team who have done nothing, chooses to go to another team who have done nothing for years, over us when we have offered the same money!. We are really buggered!
    He's a young lad, currently living around the Cheltenham area. Not surprising he might want the comfort of being closer to home than upping sticks to London. 

Remember Charlie Kirk.....
    I was thinking the same but about JCH. We don’t want another player who’s main reason for joining is because the offer is too good to turn down.

If they’re not comfortable with the football side of it or the location then we’re not going to get the best out of them.
    I don’t have an issue with it at all. He’s waiting for a better financial offer as would most players in his situation. That probably happens with half the players we sign, but it’s just not played out in public so we don’t know about it. Is Dobson not doing the same thing? It won’t necessarily mean he won’t do well or give 100% if we do get him 
    Yep, it's looking that way. 

There's still best part of 2 weeks of the window remaining - time for other maybe more lucrative offers to come in. 
    Or not, but that's his gamble.

If our's is still the best offer, he may take it late in the window.

Or he could stay at Posh and be a free agent in demand at the end of the season. 

It's his job. Put yourself in his shoes.

• Godwin may well be a good prospect, but don't we already have good young strikers? I am glad we haven't got him - 6 goals in 16 is ok but surely he can go either way and we have Kanu already and Casey a bit behind him. I would prefer a striker signing who is a bit more established.
  • Sponsored links:

• If he has rejected Luton in the premier league (likely Championship next season however) then I don't really see why he'd sign for a middling league one club tbh. Can't see us being able to pull this one off!
    Abbey will end up with another Prem club. Palace would be my guess.
    Wash your mouth out! :)
  • That rules out Panzo, he's never played holding midfield
  • Swisdom said:
    But we hope to announce a signing today.  A london boy who has been looking to get back down here for a little while.  Can't say I know much about him.

Centre back but has played holding midfield too
    Do you know what league he’s coming from? Slow day at work so would love a little research project/guessing game 😂
  • kafka said:
    Anyone else just enjoying the fact we are in for players for decent fees and decent wages and planning already for next season?  Despite missing out on one potentially two, it’s refreshing.  
    That’s the bit that seems to be generally overlooked amongst the current gloom. We are at last looking to move forward  and not on the cheap
    We're in a lge one relegation battle with a dodgy head coach, not really much to be happy clappy about.
  • I imagine Nelson Abbey, a ball playing centre half, would want to sign for a more "footballing" team than Luton. 
  • Couple of guesses based on names I remember being floated on here at different points this month… Reece Burke, Jonathan Panzo
  • Couple of guesses based on names I remember being floated on here at different points this month… Reece Burke, Jonathan Panzo
    Isn’t Burke at Luton? That’s basically London for footballers. Panzo hasn’t played DM from what I can tell