Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• Both would be great signings, but would prefer JCH. Has a nasty streak that we are missing, would bully defenders and make a shit load of space for May. Those 2 up top in this league would be about as good as it gets
  • NabySarr said:
    If he’s available we should buy Ladapo. 

What’s the point in loaning him so he can take us to 12th this season. We need him next season. Hopefully there’s an option to make it permanent at the very least 
    Opinion seriously split about him. See post two above yours for example. And he’s not really a hold up striker. 
  • sam3110 said:
    Thing is, if everyone we sign is a niggly c*** with a nasty streak, then we'll just hamper ourselves by always having players out suspended to add to the usual injury woes 
    At least we’ll know how long they’re out for
  • In regards to the transfer window feels like we are nearly half there now with the squad, and I’m living on a prayer that we will do much better next season. 
  • In regards to the transfer window feels like we are nearly half there now with the squad, and I’m living on a prayer that we will do much better next season. 
    If Dobson and CBT stay then we are maybe halfway there. If they leave it’s probably 1 step forward, 2 steps back and still a lot to do 
  • NabySarr said:
    In regards to the transfer window feels like we are nearly half there now with the squad, and I’m living on a prayer that we will do much better next season. 
    If Dobson and CBT stay then we are maybe halfway there. If they leave it’s probably 1 step forward, 2 steps back and still a lot to do 
    With CBT and Dobbo, we really have to hold on to what we’ve got. 
  • NabySarr said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Steven81 said:
    It's a good salary Dubai but when you've put blood sweat and tears into the shirt over the last few years and shirkers like Kirk are on alot more plus injured players and newly arriving players of course you will want close to parity it's the same for any worker.
    Coupled with you can bet your life that Coventry will be trousering 10k a week upwards.
    Dobson has been our stand out player and without him we'd be in more s*** than we already are.
    You keep your best players.
    Dobson has no interest in him ATM. If I was him, I would take the deal that has been offered.. It is big increase. But he may also be worried about playing time, especially with the club showing ambition. 

Dobson worrying about playing time 🤦🏻‍♂️
    Coventry is a better player than Dobson, but we would do very well to find another midfielder that is though so I don’t think Dobson has anything to worry about. If what Dubai says is true and we’ve offered him 6.5k a week, I doubt we are offering that to a player that isn’t going to start games 

I think Dobson and Coventry together would be a very good partnership, and give the defence a lot more protection 
    Hes played a handful of games at Mk Lincoln Rotherham on loan and West Ham, I'll reserve judgement if he's better tbh.
  • Sponsored links:

Not really - still well short of half there. Need quality both sides at full back, another big guy striker, and a top drawer goal keeper.

An upgrade on Thomas as CB cover and long-term replacements/cover for both Campbells and CBT are also needed but less immediately pressing right now.

Coventry is a good sign of the LEVEL we need, but numbers wise we are very short on actual quality still.

• Chrispy51 said:
    NabySarr said:
    In regards to the transfer window feels like we are nearly half there now with the squad, and I’m living on a prayer that we will do much better next season. 
    Certainly to the end of the season. More so CBT as if he goes without a decent replacement then we will be on the brown stuff. I'm pretty sure Dobson will be off seeing as we have about 8 midfielders to choose from. 
  • swordfish said:
    We've gotta hold on to what we got, doesn't make a difference if we make it or not.
    We’ve got Alfie and that’s a lot 

whoa livin on a prayer…

😆
  • edited January 12
    thenewbie said:

Not really - still well short of half there. Need quality both sides at full back, another big guy striker, and a top drawer goal keeper.

An upgrade on Thomas as CB cover and long-term replacements/cover for both Campbells and CBT are also needed but less immediately pressing right now.

Coventry is a good sign of the LEVEL we need, but numbers wise we are very short on actual quality still.

I mean I don’t even listen to Bon Jovi but surely the lyrics are well known.

• edited January 12
    Chrispy51 said:
    NabySarr said:
    Certainly to the end of the season. More so CBT as if he goes without a decent replacement then we will be on the brown stuff. I'm pretty sure Dobson will be off seeing as we have about 8 midfielders to choose from. 
     Can't see it.
    Who would pay a fee for him with months remaining on his contract?
    We all love him, but when you look at it from the outside he's been the centre piece of a stagnant Charlton Athletic side that really hasn't pulled up any trees in the past few seasons..
    Any sort of fee would also mean a dent in the wage they offer him I wouid think.
    We are still miles off.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Croydon said:
    We are still miles off.  
    FFS this is the last time I make an awful reference type joke.
    Haha sorry mate just got it. Very good tbf!
  • I assume Gillesphey isn't being announced tonight then
  • DDOUBLEE said:
    I assume Gillesphey isn't being announced tonight then
    We have announced players later than this before, even on non deadline days 

Seem to remember Oshilaja being announced at like 8pm one day?
  • Don't know much about CC but seems a good player and an improvement to the squad so happy with the deal.  

On Dobson, I feel we are in danger of throwing away an old toy because we suddenly have a new shiny one to play with forgetting just how reliable and important the old one has been.

Coventry hasn't kicked a ball for us yet but Dobson is already being seen as surplus to requirements by some.

Personally, I think having Coventry alongside him eventually (A source told me CC and Fiorini might be on the bench and Bakinson will start tomorrow) will only make Dobson more valuable to us. 

He's been doing the job of two, three or even more players in recent years too often and a bit of support might make him even more useful.

@DubaiCAFC makes a good point that there was been little or no public interest in Dobson.  Maybe no private interest either which suggests to me that he wants to stay so his agent isn't touting him around the media.  

He might not be Buzz Lightyear but Woody gave a lot of good service and was there when things got tough.
    Totally agree with you, as I mentioned, I think he is a good player, and has been great for us. He has been offered a good deal, but he isn’t going to get the kinda deal that he wants. As I said, if I was him I would sign, as I don’t think he will get as good as deal elsewhere 
  • missed the big news that Roddy has gone to Oxford.

Club hiding bad news from the fans.

(Tomorrow's programme)
    Don’t see any bad news there.
  • Looks like we're putting some pressure on JCH to sign or we'll go elsewhere. 
    'bout time...
  • FYI Seydil Toure scored his first senior goal last week