Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• From an Ipswich fan on ladapo regarding his attitude....."Never looks interested when he’s on the pitch, when he comes on late he barely runs to close anything down, no finishing product and a bad attitude at the moment (drawing 0-0 at home, subbed off late and tells one of our players to fuck off when told to hurry up"
  • I don’t know why the likes of Lyle Taylor and JCH aren’t going to Saudi Arabia.  It’s clear they’re both of the opinion they want to make as much money as possible (as is their prerogative).  It would be a good move for both of them as it looks like money is the main motive at their stage of careers 
  • If he’s available we should buy Ladapo. 

What’s the point in loaning him so he can take us to 12th this season. We need him next season. Hopefully there’s an option to make it permanent at the very least 
  • edited January 12
    Too soon to worry about a glitch in the Gillesphey deal or are they hanging the reveal out for a bit of Friday night entertainment?
  • Too soon to worry about a glitch in the Gillesphey deal or are they hanging the reveal out for a bit of Friday night entertainment?
    Hoping it’s just that it takes a while to get the social media stuff sorted
  • Looks like we're putting some pressure on JCH to sign or we'll go elsewhere. 
    Does that imply we’re quite advanced on another player ?
  • edited January 12
    wrong thread.
  • Looks like we're putting some pressure on JCH to sign or we'll go elsewhere. 
    I assume CEJ was just referring to the Ladapo story?
  • Sponsored links:

• Steven81 said:
    From an Ipswich fan on ladapo regarding his attitude....."Never looks interested when he’s on the pitch, when he comes on late he barely runs to close anything down, no finishing product and a bad attitude at the moment (drawing 0-0 at home, subbed off late and tells one of our players to fuck off when told to hurry up"
    Excellent. 4 year deal I reckon 
    If he can injured between now and the end of Jan that’s also a bonus.
  • Swisdom said:
    I wish we were looking at Aaron Collins at Bristol Rovers.  Him and May up front would be a nightmare combination.  So mobile and annoying and he can also hold the ball up well.
    Not having a stellar season for scoring but 9 assists is not to be sniffed at and he has a LOT of talent.

Possibly out of our price range but would be a menace

The Gas have new owners talking PL football and tried to get JCH in the summer. I think Collins would be impossible to get.

Sandgaard spoke about European football. Talk is cheap. 

Well yes of course it is and I don't expect for one minute that Rovers will find themselves in the PL; but equally it is unlikely new owners will sell their best player who has a few years left on contract whilst in their "honeymoon" period.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Today is also D-Day for JCH to sign or we move on. I believe we have already started to talk to that club, and has moved positively.. He is a player been mentioned on here a number of times, and we was in for him in the summer. 

It was Ladapo, and if I am honest, he would have been my choice over JCH… hope we can get this over the line! 
    He can play across the front 3 or as a 2..

i think we will see at least another 3 transfers involving fees this window  
    Perm deal? 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Today is also D-Day for JCH to sign or we move on. I believe we have already started to talk to that club, and has moved positively.. He is a player been mentioned on here a number of times, and we was in for him in the summer. 

It was Ladapo, and if I am honest, he would have been my choice over JCH… hope we can get this over the line! 
    He can play across the front 3 or as a 2..

i think we will see at least another 3 transfers involving fees this window  
    Would Ladapo be a loan or perm ?
  • Scoham said:
    Looks like we're putting some pressure on JCH to sign or we'll go elsewhere. 
    I assume CEJ was just referring to the Ladapo story?
    Yes just an observation on the Ladapo story. 
  • I don’t rate Ladapo. I would prefer JCH. He is just the nasty bit of work we need. As close to Lyle Taylor at his best that we will get IMO.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 12
    Swisdom said:
    Steven81 said:
    It's a good salary Dubai but when you've put blood sweat and tears into the shirt over the last few years and shirkers like Kirk are on alot more plus injured players and newly arriving players of course you will want close to parity it's the same for any worker.
    Coupled with you can bet your life that Coventry will be trousering 10k a week upwards.
    Dobson has been our stand out player and without him we'd be in more s*** than we already are.
    You keep your best players.
    No.  No he won't  That's absolute garbage.

@Swisdom is it also rubbish that JCH would've been offered 15k a week as 10k definitely sounds as high as we would go for a striker in League 1 and even that sounds too high ?

• Was that not George Michael? 
  • cafc_se7 said:
    I don’t rate Ladapo. I would prefer JCH. He is just the nasty bit of work we need. As close to Lyle Taylor at his best that we will get IMO.
    I don’t see that.. JCH very much has to play through the middle. Taylor was good at working the channels.. I don’t think they are alike..
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    cafc_se7 said:
    I don’t rate Ladapo. I would prefer JCH. He is just the nasty bit of work we need. As close to Lyle Taylor at his best that we will get IMO.
    I don’t see that.. JCH very much has to play through the middle. Taylor was good at working the channels.. I don’t think they are alike..
    I meant as in the way he rubs up the opposition and causes problems to the centre backs like Taylor did. Just my personal opinion, Ladapo is not the player we should be looking at.
  • cafc_se7 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    cafc_se7 said:
    I meant as in the way he rubs up the opposition and causes problems to the centre backs like Taylor did. Just my personal opinion, Ladapo is not the player we should be looking at.
    May does that perfectly well
  • Thing is, if everyone we sign is a niggly c*** with a nasty streak, then we'll just hamper ourselves by always having players out suspended to add to the usual injury woes 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    cafc_se7 said:

Agree Dubai.
    Taylor played wide and central during games, that why he was hard to mark.
    Same as Karlan Grant who started as a winger but could also attack down the middle.
    I haven't studied JCH game but he does sound more or a central striker which would mean the road runner that is Alfie May would play a tad wider or play as a 10 which he did quite well as still scored. A waste to see Alfie too wide in a 3 up front.