Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

POST-MATCH THREAD: Lincoln City vs Charlton Athletic: Tuesday 24th October 2023 | KO 7:45pm

Comments

• Work to do defensively, we can't blow every team out of the water, and our back 5 isn't good enough or consistent enough as a unit. 
  • shocking performance by so many, including the manager, we’ve got our Charlton back, didn’t take long.

Midfield is so weak defensively, the two wingers give no cover and can’t tackle may get away with that at home, not away.

Defensively all over the place.

Mid table mediocrity again I reckon, we don’t show enough bollocks away from home, just roll over and let them shag us.
    As for "didn't take long":  It took 8 games in which we went from a point above the relegation zone to 5 points off the playoffs with a game in hand.
  • Into November with no away wins..
  • Piss poor performance and massive let down to our travelling fans. This team need to up their game on away matches and do it quickly.
  • Such a soft team. Okay when they're on top but as soon as the boot is on the other foot too many of the players go into hiding.
    The defence is dreadful and will hold us back until it is sorted.
  • We just didn't deal with Sorenson all game.
    Let's be honest that is what a wing back looks like.
    Overall a very disappointing performance from the whole team.
    Appleton has now seen what we've been seeing for a while so this is where he earns his money starting on Saturday.
    We certainly made Sorenson look like Salah.
  • Sponsored links:

• I hope Appleton tears into every which one of them for that performance. Scored early and immediately became complacent. Tried to coast along to a result. 

Still too many without the desire to achieve. Age is probably the key factor for a couple of them.
  • Apples isnt a happy man
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I hope Appleton tears into every which one of them for that performance. Scored early and immediately became complacent. Tried to coast along to a result. 

Still too many without the desire to achieve. Age is probably the key factor for a couple of them.
    I'd love to think it was complacency, but it seemed to me like having potentially got the 3 points they were terrified to lose the lead and dropped back, and back, and back.
  • Incredible reactions tonight, unbeaten in six and we're heading for promotion.  Lose one game and we're s***!
    We were shit
  • It was a foul on CBT though. Unbelievable the ref didn't see it but didn't affect the result.
  • If Chucks is out long term , I think we need to back to using Miles an impact sub. Start will alfie in the middle of a front 3 and pan cam in the 10 role 
  • Sponsored links:

• fenaddick said:
    Dobbo & Fraser doesn’t work as a pairing. Dobbo gets knackered doing Fraser’s running and becomes ineffective. Watson a better partner, Fraser in the 10 might work but he wouldn’t get much time to pick a pass
    Agree. Watson is much busier. Fraser is class but he can’t be a passenger 
  • Incredible reactions tonight, unbeaten in six and we're heading for promotion.  Lose one game and we're s***!
    We were shit

that may well have been the case, but I hope you understand the point I am making.
    We were shit

that may well have been the case, but I hope you understand the point I am making.
    I do 
    You're getting too much sun Elfs. Take those rose coloured specs off!!

You're getting too much sun Elfs. Take those rose coloured specs off!!

Converse shades my little chumette B)