Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England vs Italy - Euro 2024 Qualifier - KO @ 7:45pm - C4

Comments

• Brilliant goal Kane
  • Get in Lyn!!!!! 
  • KAAAAANE 3-1
  • Harry Kane you fucking beauty 
  • edited October 2023
    Laddick01 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Foden and Bellingham could be so fun in front of Rice.
    Apart from the fact Foden never plays there?
    Has played that role for City - not regularly though.

Certainly think it'd be worth a go against the lower end sides.
    Cos it's all going Pete Tong as it is isn't it?

What you picking a squad/team to do?  Beat Malta 10-0 or win a tournament?
  • Up until 2-1 this didnt feel a 3-1 game, but we actually deserve that
  • Get in that will do yessssss 
  • Germanyyyy, Germany, we're the famous England and we're off to Germany...
  • Felt like a Luis Suarez type of goal that. Quality.
  • Brilliant strength there by Kane, just hands the defender off and you just know he's going to score from there. Superb
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Foden and Bellingham could be so fun in front of Rice.
    Apart from the fact Foden never plays there?
    Has played that role for City - not regularly though.

Certainly think it'd be worth a go against the lower end sides.
    Cos it's all going Pete Tong as it is isn't it?

What you picking a squad/team to do?  Beat Malta 10-0 or win a tournament?
    Christ I didn't say I'd start him there every game of the Euros. A simple observation that it'd be a bit of fun sometime.

Sorry if that's annoyed you.
  • Got to love seeing some sulky Italians
  • Got to love seeing some sulky Italians
    Few sulky haters on here too, no doubt. Gone very quiet in certain quarters… 
  • This is liquid football.
  • edited October 2023
    They'll have the Play-Offs again as a last resort, thanks to the Nations League - But if Italy play like this against Ukraine, who got a draw with us, then I can see them struggling to get to Euro 2024
  • when I say we have 2 world class players - I mean, we have the two BEST players in those two positions in the world - Kane and Bellingham are another level
  • edited October 2023
    Next month, the Italians have a home match against N.Macedonia followed by an away game against Ukraine (in Germany).

If they beat N.Macedonia at home, they'd only need a draw against Ukraine. A draw or loss against N.Macedonia and they'd have to beat Ukraine to qualify.
  • Standing ovation for Bellingham as he's replaced by Grealish.
  • Bellingham is going to be a monster when we host Euro 2028 - Wont even be surprised if he's Player of the Tournament next summer if we reach the Final.
  • edited October 2023
    Next month, the Italians have a home match against N.Macedonia followed by an away game against Ukraine (in Germany).

If they beat N.Macedonia at home, they'd only need a draw against Ukraine. A draw or loss against N.Macedonia and they'd have to beat Ukraine to qualify.
    Not an easy one, didn't Macedonia knock them out last time?
  • Sponsored links:

• Chunes said:

Not an easy one, didn't Macedonia knock them out last time?
    Yeah they're the reason Italy didnt go to the World Cup
  • How long has it been since England have had arguably the current 'best player in the world' ?

• edited October 2023
    Laddick01 said:
    How long has it been since England have had arguably the current 'best player in the world' ?

2001 when Michael Owen won the Ballon d'Or?

Even then was he really the best player in the world at that point?
  • Laddick01 said:
    How long has it been since England have had arguably the current 'best player in the world' ?

Yesterday? 
  • Laddick01 said:

Carlton Palmer 
  • I know he is Palace - but I think Guehi is a proper player. Get him in a champs league team and he will grow even more.
  • when I say we have 2 world class players - I mean, we have the two BEST players in those two positions in the world - Kane and Bellingham are another level
    Foden is starting to realise his talent as well….. him and Saka are not far behind.
  • Great second half performance... Work to be done based on the First Half.

Not sure what the Coaching Team did or said, but that was probably the best "turnaround" we've seen from England in a good while - Italy's whole game plan in the First seemed a case of overwhelming the Full-Backs and was working, second half that just didnt happen.