Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England vs Italy - Euro 2024 Qualifier - KO @ 7:45pm - C4

Comments

• Ukraine now 2-1 up against Malta.
  • England have allowed three shots on target during Euro 2024 qualifying. All three have resulted in goals scored.

Good save Pickford to prevent 4/4.
  • That was a great save and would have been a great goal. 
  • Quite a good half of Football that... As an England fan didnt overly enjoy it, we're in danger down the flanks, Rashford the main culprit as he's not getting back to support Trippier.

He'd be the obvious sub for me, with Maddison coming on.
  • edited October 2023
    sam3110 said:
    Laddick01 said:
    We really need someone to claim that 3rd midfield role. 

Going in with either Henderson or Phillips is going to be trouble.
    Rice should be a good enough holding midfielder to play 2 more adventurous midfielders with him. Bellingham as the box to box and someone like Maddison as the most advanced midfielder I think would be fine
    Arteta thinks he is but what does he know? Rashford is a form player and when he is on form he should be one of the first names on the teamsheet, but he hasn't found that form so far this season. Does Southgate actually follow what is going on?
  • edited October 2023
    A proper dodgy own goal in the Malta game lol

https://streamin.one/v/5d5d2bda
  • edited October 2023
    Nothin makes me feel older than seeing the likes of Joe Cole as old. Mind you, I used to watch Jude Bellingham's dad play
  • Quite a good half of Football that... As an England fan didnt overly enjoy it, we're in danger down the flanks, Rashford the main culprit as he's not getting back to support Trippier.

He'd be the obvious sub for me, with Maddison coming on.
    This.
  • useless defensively, we will lose this unless boring Southgate makes some changes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Phillips off for Maddison, Rashford off for Grealish.
  • A proper dodgy own goal in the Malta game lol

https://streamin.one/v/5d5d2bda
    Oh that hilarious, poor lad has slipped over hasn't he. :D
  • sam3110 said:
    Laddick01 said:

Rice should be a good enough holding midfielder to play 2 more adventurous midfielders with him. Bellingham as the box to box and someone like Maddison as the most advanced midfielder I think would be fine
    Arteta thinks he is but what does he know? Rashford is a form player and when he is on form he should be one of the first names on the teamsheet, but he hasn't found that form so far this season. Does Southgate actually follow what is going on?
    Against Man City, Arteta dropped Havertz and brought in Jorginho to play alongside Rice... but even when it's Rice on his own he's usually supported by an inverted full back tucking in like Zinchenko etc.

There's for sure an argument for going more attacking against weaker sides but Italy aren't mugs. They've exploited a couple of gaps in our defence in the first half and I don't think the solution to that problem is to take off a defensive minded player for an attacking one.

• Joe Cole is an awful pundit too isn’t he?
    Blimey 🫣
  • edited October 2023
    sam3110 said:
    Laddick01 said:

Against Man City, Arteta dropped Havertz and brought in Jorginho to play alongside Rice... but even when it's Rice on his own he's usually supported by an inverted full back tucking in like Zinchenko etc.

There's for sure an argument for going more attacking against weaker sides but Italy aren't mugs. They've exploited a couple of gaps in our defence in the first half and I don't think the solution to that problem is to take off a defensive minded player for an attacking one.

I think what you fail to take into account is a more attacking player in there will blunt Italy as the game will be less comfortable for them. I am a great believer in playing to your strengths and seeing as England have some massive strengths, it seems even more ridiculous not to.
  • We complain about no LB, England playing with two right footers on the left of the defence
    Blimey 🫣
    at least he doesn't think he's in the vindaloo song - en-ger-land ffs driving me potty !!!
    Blimey 🫣
    There’s some real mauling of the English language going on among that quartet in the studio. 
    Blimey 🫣
    There’s some real mauling of the English language going on among that quartet in the studio. 
    Zola excepted. 
  • Macronate said:
    Dion Dublin.

Why?
    Definitely preferred to Ally McCoist…
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2023
    sam3110 said:
    Laddick01 said:

I think what you fail to take into account is a more attacking player in there will blunt Italy as the game will be less comfortable for them. I am a great believer in playing to your strengths and seeing as England have some massive strengths, it seems even more ridiculous not to.
    I agree that our attackers are our strength and it's definitely taken into account in my thinking - I just sympathize with the opposing view. 

Southgate sets his teams up to win knockout football matches through controlling the ball and limiting chaos. France under Deschamps have the same philosophy and have been very successful with it.

• Just to change the subjet slightly - i'll always remember that night world cup '98 qualifying when we had to go to Italy and get a point to qualify (after missing out in 94) The atmosphere in the pub as a 16 year old (I know!) was the most electric i've ever felt on an England night without being live in the ground.

I can still remember that sky sports music prompts for the game was "I'm back and ready to go" forget who it's by but it was amazing - every time I hear that song I still get goosebumps remembering it.

Ian Wright nearly scored really late on but hit the post then they immediately went up the other end and almost scored on the break. 
    Still don’t know how that Vieri header didn’t hit the net.
  • Never a penalty that Foden!!
  • Never a pen, but it should have been brought back for the foul on Kane. 
  • edited October 2023
    so... if that turned out to be a penalty... and italy kicked it around for 5 minutes without the ball going out of play? do VAR still bring it back? Whats the time limit on it? what happens about injury time? does the time between the e foul and the ball going out of play get added on? 
  • so... if that turned out to be a penalty... and italy kicked it around for 5 minutes without the ball going out of play? do VAR still bring it back? Whats the time limit on it? what happens about injury time? does the time between the e foul and the ball going out of play get added on? 

Review

• The referee can initiate a ‘review’ for a potential ‘clear and obvious error’ or ‘serious missed incident’ when:

• the VAR (or another match official) recommends a ‘review’

• the referee suspects that something serious has been ‘missed’

• If play has already stopped, the referee delays the restart

• If play has not already stopped, the referee stops play when the ball is next in a neutral zone/situation (usually when neither team is in an attacking move) and shows the ‘TV signal’

• Superb goal on the break
  • edited October 2023
    Lovely lovely lovely goal - Bellingham is a little bit good isn't he?
  • F**KING FILTH!!
  • Done nothing right all game until then!