Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD: Charlton Athletic vs Aston Villa U21s: EFL Trophy Tues 10th Oct 2023: 7PM [+POST p12]

Comments

• Options
    good to hear Greg again
  • Options
    Make it 8, 9, 10 until Villa decide they don’t want their kids in this competition next season……..
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Did the shot take a little bobble off the defender's foot, or was the keeper slow to react again?
    Latter...
  • Options
    Had a few cheeky post work beers, so on like page 2, now, I know I've had a couple but, am I right in seeing Charlie league one Messi Kirk scored a goal? 
    Not 1 but 4 I believe. Then again I might have had some cheeky post work beers..... 
  • Options
    I'm not picking on Kirk - honest - but the number of times he has misplaced a simple pass in this first half is driving  me mad.

• Options
    Aww, Leaburn's ball to Campbell not quit right or it could well have been 5.
  • Options
    This is Men against Boys 🤔
  • Options
    Villa down our right again but a nice tackle from Deji to clear.
  • Options
    This is Men against Boys 🤔
    And THE man is 19 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Villa try a defence splitting pass but Chem does well to block
  • Options
    I'm not picking on Kirk - honest - but the number of times he has misplaced a simple pass in this first half is driving  me mad.

I don't think playing through the middle/in the free role is helping him, keeps getting caught too close to Chem on the left, or Fraser in the middle. 

He's made a few good runs though that we haven't been able to capitalise on
  • Options
    Let Molyneux, and Kedwell have a bit of first team experience second half, this is far too easy
  • Options
    Kirk's down after the no 47 treads on his foot and we have a free kick
  • Options
    Was that Kirk chasing down a lost cause?
  • Options
    Half time 4-0
  • Options
    Aston Villa Twitter account stopped doing goal updates when the fourth went in!
  • Options
    Makes a change to see our back 4 comfortable for once. 
  • Options
    Aston Villa Twitter account stopped doing goal updates when the fourth went in!
    They didn't even mention the first goal, first update was Leaburn scoring a penalty, 2-0!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Let Molyneux, and Kedwell have a bit of first team experience second half, this is far too easy
    Nah, let's give aneke 30 minutes and let him ruin them
    They'll end up reconsidering their career choices lol! 
  • Options
    Nah, let's give aneke 30 minutes and let him ruin them
    They'll end up reconsidering their career choices lol! 
    Why, no Chelsea scouts here tonight are there.🤔?
  • Options
    I have never seen goals celebrated by their scorers so unexcitedly as tonight!

They almost look embarrassed to have scored.
  • Options
    Sadly, aside from his well taken goal, Kirk has been the weakest link in our side. Which  is quite an achievement as he is nearly the oldest and most experienced player on the pitch.His passes have been too short, too long or too safe.
  • Options
    Laqeretabua understandably looking unpronounceable so far

• Options
    I have never seen goals celebrated by their scorers so unexcitedly as tonight!

They almost look embarrassed to have scored.
    Our team seems to do this in Cups..almost as if they quickly remember we are/were a PL team 16 years ago.
  • Options
    I love this site.

It's an insult to have to play an u21 team.

Get some kids on to give them some first team experience. 

• Options
    Didn't realise kick off was so early so I've just seen the score. Genuinely forgot Kirk was still with us, I'd never figured him into our possible lineup tonight.
  • Options
    Hahahaha! And there's something wrong with THAT, now?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I love this site.

It's an insult to have to play an u21 team.

Get some kids on to give them some first team experience. 

Good idea...🤔