Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD: Charlton Athletic vs Aston Villa U21s: EFL Trophy Tues 10th Oct 2023: 7PM [+POST p12]

Well, EFL Trophy tonight, bit of a Marmite of a competition, but hey, got to be worth making a decent fist of it whatever your preferences, and a chance for a few fringe players to get some minutes, but also there is pride at stake, and we can't go losing to some northern U21 kids from Brumie land can we...

So let's see how this one goes...🤷‍♂️

The Addicks are expected to line-up in a 4-2-3-1 formation with Laqeretabua, Lucas Ness, Deji Elerewe, and Nathan Asiimwe starting ahead of Maynard-Brewer.

Skipper Scott Fraser will operate alongside Louie Watson in midfield, with Tyreece Campbell, Charlie Kirk and Chem Campbell playing behind Leaburn.

Tennai Watson, Lloyd Jones, Alfie May, Chuks Aneke and Slobodan Tedić are joined on the bench by academy prospects Henry Molyneux and Harvey Kedwell.

Charlton: Maynard-Brewer; Laqeretabua, Ness, Elerewe, Asiimwe; L.Watson, Fraser (c); T.Campbell, Kirk, C.Campbell; Leaburn

Subs: Molyneux, T.Watson, Jones, Kedwell, May, Aneke, Tedić

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    Highlight of the night could end up seeing Fraser get 90 minutes in...
  • Options
    Should have thought about Laqeretabua @ Left-Back, seeing he played there for Fiji @ the U20 World Cup - Not bad getting just the one player from the starting eleven wrong though. :)
    But you got three wrong... not that I blame you. I'd forgotten Kirk existed too. 
  • Options
    Just when the  Kirk  nightmare seemed  to be over he gets to wear the red shirt again .
    Copy and paste 

Kirk - 4 Ineffective

• Options
    edited October 2023
    sam3110 said:
    Just when the  Kirk  nightmare seemed  to be over he gets to wear the red shirt again .
    Copy and paste 

Kirk - 4 Ineffective

Bizarre 
    A fan of Kirk  are you ? Good for you. 
  • Options
    Jonniesta said:
    Should have thought about Laqeretabua @ Left-Back, seeing he played there for Fiji @ the U20 World Cup - Not bad getting just the one player from the starting eleven wrong though. :)
    But you got three wrong... not that I blame you. I'd forgotten Kirk existed too. 
    Oh damn... I originally had T.Campbell and Kirk in my line up but changed them before posting.

Snooze ya lose I guess
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2023
    Jonniesta said:
    Oh damn... I originally had T.Campbell and Kirk in my line up but changed them before posting.

Snooze ya lose I guess
    You’re learning Grasshopper (Kung Fu TV series from the 70s if you’re not familiar) 😉.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Jonniesta said:

Snooze ya lose I guess
    You’re learning Grasshopper (Kung Fu TV series from the 70s if your not familiar) 😉.
    Before my time... the 70s mate ;) 
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Jonniesta said:

Snooze ya lose I guess
    You’re learning Grasshopper (Kung Fu TV series from the 70s if your not familiar) 😉.
    Before my time... the 70s mate ;) 
    I know you’re just a baby 😉.
  • Options
    Will be interesting to see how a team that's predominantly our youngsters shapes up to Villa's youngsters. Hopefully Ness and Deji have a better time of it than last time they played together for the first team.
  • Options
    Have they only got the west stand open, looks empty...
  • Options
    Stream is up and running - West Stand looks packed, with nearly everyone wearing red tonight in the crowd
  • Options
    Stream is up and running - West Stand looks packed, with nearly everyone wearing red tonight in the crowd
    maybe have a competition of who can count the crowd...
  • Options
    Coms just confirmed "The crowd is a tad on the low side",,,wow!!
  • Options
    Villa kick off and go back to the keeper
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Aston Villa KO... kicking towards the East Stand, as a deadly hush descends over SE7
  • Options
    Kirk is the 10 to start with, Asiimwe at left back
  • Options
    Villa come down the left, get a cross in but it's headed clear (by their own player?)
  • Options
    Laqeretabua currently playing Right-Back; Asiimwe playing Left-Back
  • Options
    So Asiimwe at LB and Laqeretabua, at RB tonight
  • Options
    Chem tries a one / two with Kirk, but a short pass back from Charlie gets cut out
  • Options
    Deji plays it long to Chem Campbell on the left, he plays it in to Kirk, ball gets turned over and Campbell concedes a free kick in their half.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    AMB

Laq - Elerewe - Ness - Asiimwe

Watson - Fraser

T.Campbell - Kirk - C.Campbell

Leaburn
  • Options
    Chem cuts out a Villa ball midway in their half, tries to find Leaburn, but cut out
  • Options
    Villa down our left, Ness clears and wins the goal kick.